Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Solo Trailer

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Solo Trailer
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 pm
  • I was expecting to come home from the game and find a 50 post thread dissecting the trailer. Y'all are slackin.

JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: The Solo Trailer
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 pm
  • Full trailer coming tomorrow. This was just a teaser.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 am
  • Here's the full trailer.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm
  • Doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:30 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all.

I didn't like the first TLJ trailer. I don't put much stock in trailers.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all.

this is the new "FIRST!"
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm
  • I see there's one for Kenobi as well as Darth Vader upcoming too. :smilingalien:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:I see there's one for Kenobi as well as Darth Vader upcoming too. :smilingalien:

The only confirmed Star Wars films coming are Solo, Episode IX, and the Rian Johnson trilogy. The Obi-Wan and Boba Fett movies are only rumors at this point, though Obi-Wan is highly likely. I don't know where you heard about a Vader movie. That isn't happening.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25 pm
  • Unless these are fakes?

This one says fan made. So this one is probably fake.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 pm
  • They're fan made.

Maulbert wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:I see there's one for Kenobi as well as Darth Vader upcoming too. :smilingalien:

The only confirmed Star Wars films coming are Solo, Episode IX, and the Rian Johnson trilogy. The Obi-Wan and Boba Fett movies are only rumors at this point, though Obi-Wan is highly likely. I don't know where you heard about a Vader movie. That isn't happening.

I honestly hope they leave Vader alone as much as possible. Sure, slide him in Rogue One and Solo a little bit here and there just to remind us he's around and give us a little Vader action now and again, but I really hope they never do a stand alone. He's a great character and villain that is made greater by being shrouded in mystery. They could do a post-ROTS/pre-ANH and use him as a/the villain and if done well I'd be happy, I just don't really want them to explore the character much more, if that makes sense. Save that for the books & comics.

I'd definitely be interested in an Obi Wan movie with Ewan and even more so in a Luke Skywalker movie with Sebastian Stan set in the time shortly after the events of RotJ. I think those could both be interesting.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Unless these are fakes?

Both fake. Both fan trailers. Kenobi uses footage from Last Days in the Desert, a movie in which Ewan MacGregor played Jesus. Vader used footage from Rogue One.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:32 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:They're fan made.

Maulbert wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:I see there's one for Kenobi as well as Darth Vader upcoming too. :smilingalien:

I honestly hope they leave Vader alone as much as possible. Sure, slide him in Rogue One and Solo a little bit here and there just to remind us he's around and give us a little Vader action now and again, but I really hope they never do a stand alone. He's a great character and villain that is made greater by being shrouded in mystery. They could do a post-ROTS/pre-ANH and use him as a/the villain and if done well I'd be happy, I just don't really want them to explore the character much more, if that makes sense. Save that for the books & comics.

I'd definitely be interested in an Obi Wan movie with Ewan and even more so in a Luke Skywalker movie with Sebastian Stan set in the time shortly after the events of RotJ. I think those could both be interesting.

Yeah, if they explore anything between the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy, I want a Luke Skywalker movie set halfway between them starring Sebastian Stan.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Yeah, if they explore anything between the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy, I want a Luke Skywalker movie set halfway between them starring Sebastian Stan.

I think of all the potential stand-alone films set in the OT/PT/ST time frame, this one has the most potential without having to take a ton of liberties. We know exactly where Luke was at after RotJ and we know exactly what happened to him 30 years later. And we've got enough info on the in between to fill in the gaps and there's just so much there to explore regarding his growth & training, what he learned about himself, the galaxy & the Force. Probably even enough story there for more than one movie, maybe a whole trilogy, who knows. Hardest part would be doing all that without having Leia and Han around in some capacity, but they could explain that all away pretty easily. Send Luke on a grand spirit quest, going all around the galaxy trying to understand the history of the Jedi & the Sith, expanding his own abilities and such. It's just a very rich situation with a ton of room for expansion and what would appear to be the perfect actor for the role who happens to already be employed by Disney. Seems like an absolute no-brainer to me.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm
  • Not a fan of who they chose to play Solo.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Not a fan of who they chose to play Solo.

I love me some Donald Glover, though. I can't wait to see his Lando.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:11 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Not a fan of who they chose to play Solo.

That's gonna be the biggest hump for most people I think, whether the movie is any good or not, if you can't accept Ehrenreich as Solo then there's no way you're gonna like the movie.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm
  • My favorite character of any movie, of all time. I am going to have a really hard time liking this. They tried to sort of get someone to look like Ford, but his voice is really what is throwing me off. I smell doom, from crusty old farts like myself, who will pick everything about this movie apart. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be Han, and I am sorry to say this far, this kid ain’t no Han.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:Unless these are fakes?

Both fake. Both fan trailers. Kenobi uses footage from Last Days in the Desert, a movie in which Ewan MacGregor played Jesus. Vader used footage from Rogue One.

And we already got a Vader Origin story...3 of them in fact.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm
  • tacomahawk wrote:My favorite character of any movie, of all time. I am going to have a really hard time liking this. They tried to sort of get someone to look like Ford, but his voice is really what is throwing me off. I smell doom, from crusty old farts like myself, who will pick everything about this movie apart. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be Han, and I am sorry to say this far, this kid ain’t no Han.

His voice and delivery is so far off its gonna be wierd.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    tacomahawk wrote:My favorite character of any movie, of all time. I am going to have a really hard time liking this. They tried to sort of get someone to look like Ford, but his voice is really what is throwing me off. I smell doom, from crusty old farts like myself, who will pick everything about this movie apart. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be Han, and I am sorry to say this far, this kid ain’t no Han.

His voice and delivery is so far off its gonna be wierd.

:ditto:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm
  • It's just not going to be the same, it's impossible. And I'd honestly rather they don't try too hard or it'll just end up looking and sounding like an impression of Harrison Ford. They need to just let Alden Ehrenreich be his version of Han Solo, some will be able to accept it and some won't. There's just no way around it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Fanboys hated TLJ while I loved it. I really don't care what the trailer shows or what anyone has to say about it because ....well people seem to be munching on used tampons these days expecting a certain flavor.

The flavor is rare.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:38 pm
  • I have had pretty low expectations when it comes to this Solo movie, but I actually liked that trailer. It gave me hope that it'll be at the very least 1) nice to look at, I dig the aesthetics and cinematography so far, and 2) it'll have some fun lore and characters between Harrelson's character's mentor relationship ("hey, kid"), Glover's Lando, the cool looking masked character and of course some Han and Chewy shenanigans. Looks like a decent amount of other species, and it doesn't seem like they're going to do something outrageous with the plot.

I'm warming up to the idea of this movie. As others have said, I'm not sure Ehrenreich was the right choice -- a lot of people are going to have a hard time with him playing Han. I don't think he looks anything like Ford, and I don't see anything in his voice, delivery or mannerisms to suggest he'll be all that similar.

What people will have to do is realize and accept this is Ehrenreich's interpretation of the character Han Solo, not his interpretation of Harrison Ford's interpretation of Han Solo. It'll be interesting to see how he performs.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:42 pm
  • I don't see why people can't just let their favorite characters go. Han Solo is awesome....but do we really need to go back in time again just to keep the character alive?

America has this problem with getting too attached to characters and slowly sucking all the life out of them instead of moving onto something new.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't see why people can't just let their favorite characters go. Han Solo is awesome....but do we really need to go back in time again just to keep the character alive?

America has this problem with getting too attached to characters and slowly sucking all the life out of them instead of moving onto something new.

Precisely why I have no interest in seeing Marvel/DC movies with characters I've already seen in half a dozen movies or more. I know those characters, I know what Batman/Superman/Spider-Man/Iron Man will do or say, there's not much intrigue left. Tack on the fact that we're on to like our 3rd or 4th actors playing Spider-Man, Superman and even more for Batman, it's just complete fatigue.

What I WILL go see are the movies with characters that haven't been on the big screen or have had limited exposure like Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and the like.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 pm
  • The retro characters is that one such as Solo was defined by Harrison Ford as far as personality and delivery, now not only does the actor have to bring his acting and vision but also personality mimic since the character is so defined, he has to have the brash arrogance and be able to make us believe it's real.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I don't see why people can't just let their favorite characters go. Han Solo is awesome....but do we really need to go back in time again just to keep the character alive?

Precisely why I have no interest in seeing Marvel/DC movies with characters I've already seen in half a dozen movies or more. I know those characters, I know what Batman/Superman/Spider-Man/Iron Man will do or say, there's not much intrigue left. Tack on the fact that we're on to like our 3rd or 4th actors playing Spider-Man, Superman and even more for Batman, it's just complete fatigue.

What I WILL go see are the movies with characters that haven't been on the big screen or have had limited exposure like Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and the like.

I'm actually going to correct myself. Batman v. Superman had something fresh because Snyder completely butchered Batman's character by having him (IIRC) run people over, shoot people and kill people. Which is just basically crapping on Batman's character/canon/lore.

So there's that.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm
  • Hey, guess what??, people are mortal. If you can't get over that then why watch??

Because it's NOT going to be the same as it was and never will be.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:26 pm
  • Most importantly, we get to see the origin story of the FALCON! Which is one of my favorite Starwars characters!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:Most importantly, we get to see the origin story of the FALCON! Which is one of my favorite Starwars characters!

Agree. Can't get enough.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:54 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't see why people can't just let their favorite characters go. Han Solo is awesome....but do we really need to go back in time again just to keep the character alive?

These movies arent for the generation of Star Wars fans who grew up watching a New Hope at drive ins.. they are for their kids, who are just coming into these movies and stories now with the new trilogy.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Well I think we all knew when Lucas finally gave in and sold off the Star Wars franchise to Disney for a bazillion dollars, that they were going to whore the Star Wars universe out in as many different directions as they could to maximize profits.

Cause that's what companies do.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I'm glad Lucas is no longer in control. After the prequels he proved that he lost his fastball and ability to write and direct around 1984.

On the other hand, I as I said in the other thread, I wish someone other than Abrams and Disney were driving this run amok Star Destroyer...............because while the new movies are good, they are too safe and sterile for my taste.

But like Si said, it's VERY obvious that these new movies aren't being made for us (other than some patronizing winks and nods), they're being made for a new generation of Star Wars fans.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:52 am
  • Solo makes me nervous. This is the first time they are really attempting to re-do characters we know with new people. We got CGI recreations when they did that in Rogue One, to mixed reviews. Now you have new actors with different faces and different voices.

Like others have said on here, I think it's going to be really hard for people to accept other actors doing impressions of characters we know and love. It is much different to act out a character and make it your own than trying to act out a character the way another actor already acted out that character.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am
  • Clarke, Glover, Harrelson, the Falcon...I may be going to see this movie for every reason EXCEPT Solo, but honestly, that might just be enough.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Clarke, Glover, Harrelson, the Falcon...I may be going to see this movie for every reason EXCEPT Solo, but honestly, that might just be enough.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I probably have the lowest expectations of Han out of the entire cast of characters.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:31 pm

• The latest (and probably last) new trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story blazed across TV sets Sunday night, a day after teasing the Han Solo origin story with a brief clip of the Millennium Falcon swooping through the tentacled chaos of a space monster.

The fresh footage has plenty of Chewbacca, who is seen hanging precariously from the ship by his fur, and, as Han jokes, "looks great" for 190 years old!

Not a whole lot is known about the standalone movie, which casts Alden Ehrenreich in the smuggler role made famous by Harrison Ford and co-stars Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke and Woody Harrelson. But the faithful felt a disturbance in the Force when director Ron Howard was brought in last June to steer the film to completion after Chris Miller and Phil Lord were ousted for creative differences.

Disney and Lucasfilm surprised fans last week by announcing that the movie would get a prestigious premiere out of competition at Cannes Film Festival (May 8-19) in France, the fest’s first Star Wars unveiling since 2005’s Revenge of the Sith prequel. We can’t wait to see what Glover (aka Lando Calrissian), who wore a slim white tux with velvet loafers to the Grammys, suits up in for the Cannes carpet.

Solo: A Star Wars Story arrives in theaters May 25.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm
  • The more I see about this movie the more I'm liking it. Obviously trailers can be deceiving, but so far so good IMO. I'm even liking Ehrenreich's Han so far. He's never gonna look and sound like him, but I think I'm going to be able to look past that. He seems to have been able to capture the personality to a certain degree, and if that is the case it'll be good enough for me.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:02 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:The more I see about this movie the more I'm liking it. Obviously trailers can be deceiving, but so far so good IMO. I'm even liking Ehrenreich's Han so far. He's never gonna look and sound like him, but I think I'm going to be able to look past that. He seems to have been able to capture the personality to a certain degree, and if that is the case it'll be good enough for me.

definitely warming up to the movie after the latest rounds of tv spots and the last trailer. Looks a bit of fun.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:50 am
  • I've decided Ehrenreich only got the part because he could do the hair.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:09 pm
  • Watch when Han shows his cards to Chewie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information