Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

A little F-16 sortie to start my Sunday morning...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • That's awesome Steve, I didn't know that! I have always loved the Phantom even as a small child. I had posters of it in my room growing up. Just so bad ass looking. Like a tank with wings. I was thrilled when our company developed this model. She flies wonderfully as well.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:A Father's Day Sortie for ya Aussie...Hope you enjoy. :D

A very nice surprise when I checked in on .Net today, Todd. Thank you! Great slow-motion and onboard video, and an absolutely exquisite landing! Is the F-4 very different in handling compared to the F-16? Does it have two engines?

The Phantom was indeed a favourite plane of mine. It was loaned to Australia in the very early 70s while we awaited the delayed F111. Interesting that the F111 in turn became a much-loved aircraft, after its tortured teething troubles.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah it's definitely different than the F-16, mainly due to its wing loading. The F-16 was very heavy where this Phantom is very light for its size. On half flaps landings are a breeze. Single EDF motor...Some folks are putting really cool afterburner LED lights in theirs...I may have to do the same.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Some Summer fun with my F-4D Phantom II...

Attachments
    screenshotf4.jpg
    screenshotf4.jpg (264.71 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information