Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

You may not know his name, but RIP Isao Takahata.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Ive never seen any of Isao Takahata's work, but Ive seen several studio ghibli films by Hayao Mizayaki. That studio has produced some great stuff. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. Ill have to check out Grave of the Fireflies.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:Ive never seen any of Isao Takahata's work, but Ive seen several studio ghibli films by Hayao Mizayaki. That studio has produced some great stuff. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. Ill have to check out Grave of the Fireflies.

He also directed Only Yesterday, Pom Poko, and The Tale of Princess Kaguya.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:Ive never seen any of Isao Takahata's work, but Ive seen several studio ghibli films by Hayao Mizayaki. That studio has produced some great stuff. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. Ill have to check out Grave of the Fireflies.

Grave of the fireflies is one of the most emotional films I've seen. Now that I think back on it, the only two films that have made me cry were anime. It's a very unappreciated art form. The other one was kimi ga nozumu ein by the way. Rest in peace Isao Takahata.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information