Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Billy Mitchell stripped of all records by Twin Galaxies.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/king-of-kong-stripped-of-title-1202751358/

Also banned from competition. Famous (or infamous) for appearing in the documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Peter Dinklage's character in the Adam Sandler abomination Pixels was based on him. The guy comes off as a grade-A douchebag. I couldn't be happier for Steve Wiebe (a local, actually).
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I watched that documentary years ago and I'm definitely happy for Steve Wiebe. Mitchell always seemed like a douche of epic proportions.

Interesting in 2018 that they're stripping and banning him, but nice to see they finally got to the bottom of the sketchy circuit board shenanigans.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Sometimes it's made very apparent to me that I'm not as big of a nerd as I think I am, or that people perceive me to be.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Sometimes it's made very apparent to me that I'm not as big of a nerd as I think I am, or that people perceive me to be.

Before you go making judgements, The King of Kong has 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was widely critically and audience praised when it came out. You should check it out, it's worth a watch.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_of_kong/
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• The King of Kong is great and Billy Mitchell is certainly a world class douche bag. And since I'm feeling agreeable, Pixels is an abomination and good for Steve Wiebe.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Twin Galaxies has always been kind of shady; first Todd Rogers and now Billy. Way too many staff being 'witnesses' to other staff's 'records' and self-submittals, especially with scores that are exponentially better than 2nd place or simply not possible (ending in an integer which doesn't match any sort of score increment whatsoever). Not sure if they cheesed records just to stay relevant in their own circle as the competition has always stayed fierce or just to stay relevant in the larger world of gaming; i.e. speedrunning (as no one has cared about 'high scores' since they pretty much died with the arcade scene).
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information