Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chris Cornell honored at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• A powerful tribute of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" honored the late Chris Cornell at Saturday night's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell and Heart's Ann Wilson performed the song Saturday evening at Cleveland's Public Hall.

Ahead of the ceremony, Cantrell told reporters that Wilson had reached out to him to propose the tribute, according to Variety.

“Chris was a friend. I’ve always been inspired by his work ethic and talent in this band. Soundgarden, they were a big influence," Cantrell told reporters.

HBO will air an edited version of the induction ceremony on Saturday, May 5 at 8 p.m.

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local ... ce=twitter
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I am a big fan of both of them. Very talented. However, this song and the execution? Meh. It's too bad because I feel they could have chosen much better songs for this tribute.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Love that song, but I agree with Aros on the execution...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Aros wrote:I am a big fan of both of them. Very talented. However, this song and the execution? Meh. It's too bad because I feel they could have chosen much better songs for this tribute.

To be fair, Cornell is on the short list of vocalists that probably should never be covered........even by the great Ann Wilson.

But yes, probably a more up tempo rocking song would have been better. But then you might lose the sentiment and sadness, so I get both sides of why they chose Black Hole Sun.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aros wrote:I am a big fan of both of them. Very talented. However, this song and the execution? Meh. It's too bad because I feel they could have chosen much better songs for this tribute.

I agree simply for the fact that Black Hole Sun is by far my least favorite Soundgarden song and I'm a big Cornell fan. Not sure why, but I've never liked it.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information