Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Infinity Wars: no spoilers

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Infinity Wars: no spoilers
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:59 am
  • I’m not a huge comic book movie guy, but I see them all. This one was awesome!! Highly entertaining as you would expect.

However, it was the absolute worst movie going experience I’ve ever had as far as loud and rude audience. I went to the 9 o’clock showing so you’d think there wouldn’t be many kids but there was a group of about 25 couples... I don’t even know how to describe them, they were like a crossbreed of gypsies and straight out of Jersey Shore... (very wierd in the suburbs of Portland). Anyway, each of the couples had a kid or two under the age of 4 who were whining, crying, and running all over the theater. I thought there was going to be a straight up brawl between them and the “regular “ movie goers trying to get them to shut up.

Awesome movie, but I’ll have to go again when I can actually concentrate on being entertained.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Infinity Wars: no spoilers
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 am
  • Should not invited family to a movie J :P.

I try to go early less kids and easier to get a better seat as well, want to see this, maybe this weekend and grab a early showing.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:27 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I’m not a huge comic book movie guy, but I see them all. This one was awesome!! Highly entertaining as you would expect.

However, it was the absolute worst movie going experience I’ve ever had as far as loud and rude audience. I went to the 9 o’clock showing so you’d think there wouldn’t be many kids but there was a group of about 25 couples... I don’t even know how to describe them, they were like a crossbreed of gypsies and straight out of Jersey Shore... (very wierd in the suburbs of Portland). Anyway, each of the couples had a kid or two under the age of 4 who were whining, crying, and running all over the theater. I thought there was going to be a straight up brawl between them and the “regular “ movie goers trying to get them to shut up.

Awesome movie, but I’ll have to go again when I can actually concentrate on being entertained.

Damn, that's an awful movie going experience for sure. I would've probably just left my seat and asked for a refund or a voucher to see it again at another time.

Worst experience I've had was at John Wick 2. Middle-aged couple sat behind my buddy and me, the guy was over-weight and honestly came across as your stereotypical slob that sits in front of a computer screen for 16 hours-a-day. The guy had to make a comment about almost every piece of dialogue and every scene to his significant other like what he was saying was such an enlightened and/or hilarious observation that couldn't go unmentioned. After about 15 minutes of it I had to turn around and ask him to keep the comments to himself because he's distracting everyone around us. He acted like it was the most embarrassing moment of his life, but he finally shut up and only had to comment on a couple more things throughout the movie.

I'll never forget that neckbeard.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys Infinity War!
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:31 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Should not invited family to a movie J :P.

I try to go early less kids and easier to get a better seat as well, want to see this, maybe this weekend and grab a early showing.

Around me there are showings starting as early as 8:30 am. I'm not sure what kind of clientele is going to that showing, but it's pretty much sold out.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm
  • I'm planning on going to the matinee tomorrow. First showing is at 11am.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:02 pm
  • Damn. I'm a fanboy, but that was a hell of a movie.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm
  • I thought the ending was great.

Also, the rumor about a Marvel horror film with Blade better be true.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I thought the ending was great.

I still want a Midnight Sons movie.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am
  • Can't wait to see it again. Awesome movie. And they did an awesome job juggling so many crucial characters. Probably the fastest 2:40 of my life.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 6:20 am
  • For as long of a movie as it was, it sure didn't feel long. There have been plenty of long movies that I liked but that still felt long (Dark Knight, I'm looking at you). But this one didn't at all.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 01, 2018 5:29 pm
  • Saw it last night, thoroughly enjoyed myself, though I will say if you're not all in on the MCU, you might not care for it. As the first part of the true culmination of 10 years and 3 phases of films, this movie was better than it had any right to be. I won't go into details, but there were moments I cheered and moments I cried, and I am not a comics fan.

I can't judge this movie fairly as a standalone film, as I can't forget the 18 films that preceded it. As a fan of this series, this movie had a very 'Empire Strikes Back' vibe, but that movie works very well on it's own. I would probably give this a 6 or 7 out of 10 as a standalone, it is an enjoyable summer blockbuster without investment, and lightyears ahead of anything like the dreck that is Transformers. At the very least, this movie doesn't feel like a 3 hour advertisement for Budweiser, Mountain Dew, and chinese products.

As a fan who has caught every MCU film in theaters save for the original Thor, I give it 9/10. Thanos ranks right up with Loki and Killmonger as the best villains in the MCU (though, admittedly with the likes of Malekith amongst MCU villains, this should be way easier than Marvel seems to make it). My only gripe is some heroes get the short shrift, with a few notable MIAs. Overall though, with The number of MCU heroes now pushing into the 30's, it was overall well done without feeling overstuffed, which is typically the biggest killer of Superhero films IMO.

If you haven't watched a lot of the MCU and want to bone up before Infinity War, or just want a refresher, these are the films I'd recommend watching beforehand (in watching order):

Iron Man
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Captain America: Civil War
    Doctor Strange
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Black Panther

I know that's a lot, but I will mention what I left out:

The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Ant-Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Spider-Man: Homecoming

Just my opinion, though.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu May 03, 2018 7:45 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I thought the ending was great.

The horror movie is the New Mutants when it comes out.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/13/ne ... m-and-more

I've heard no rumblings of Blade being involved, but that literally means nothing.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information