Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 am
  • Ok spoiler alert for those who haven't seen it yet....

Really cool movie and ideas in this one that to me made it surpass 95% of the super hero movies that I feel are too formulaic (Including the first two avenger movies)

One question really stuck out to me though which I haven't seen discussed online. People have said that clearly Dr. Strange let Thanos have the time stone because he was following the one and only timeline that led to them winning... However, if the half of the creatures in the universe who disappeared in the end was randomly selected, as I originally assumed, this doesn't make much sense. They would have to get so, almost unbelievably lucky to have just the right people live and die for this to happen.

So to me there are three options.

1) It actually wasn't random who lived and died at the end, there was some cosmic process.
    2) In this story we are selectively following the 1 and only timeline where they do get very very lucky.
    3) This is a big plothole that won't be addressed.

Would the fact that the avengers only won 1 out of 14+ million outcomes imply that they would need things to go absolutely perfect in regards to who lives and dies at the end, making the most likely outcome number 2?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm
  • If somebody can see the future, then the outcome can still be random and yet the outcome known. There could be millions of outcomes where Stark lives and they still fail. But if he is alive for the one and only one option where they win, then Strange still has to make that deal.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 01, 2018 6:18 pm
  • My favorite part is that Thanos is a Malthusian. I won't go into much more detail since I don't want to turn this into a discussion that would violate board rules, but Malthusians are always villains, in my point of view.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 01, 2018 6:24 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:If somebody can see the future, then the outcome can still be random and yet the outcome known. There could be millions of outcomes where Stark lives and they still fail. But if he is alive for the one and only one option where they win, then Strange still has to make that deal.

Ok I think I know what you’re saying.. aren’t you in essence saying #2 in my list?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 6:33 pm
  • Well, ya I guess. Would you expect the story to follow one of the other 13,999,999 paths that don't work out?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Well, ya I guess. Would you expect the story to follow one of the other 13,999,999 paths that don't work out?

I think that's fair, but the fact that Strange made a point to Stark earlier that he would not sacrifice the Time Stone to save him leads me to believe Tony has to have a major part in taking down Thanos.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 6:54 pm
  • Not to spoil, but I believe in the comics Iron Man is the one who does it, so . . .
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm
  • I wish they'd stop portraying Hulk as such a pussy. He's the only superhero that actually has unlimited power - the more angry he gets, the stronger he gets. In theory, truly limitless.

On a side note, I've never liked Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, either.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed May 02, 2018 4:54 am
  • Did you like either of the previous Hulks better or still searching for a good one? I'm good with Ruffalo but that might be mostly because I didn't like either of the others.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am
  • Yeah Brock Lesner would be a good Hulk, but a lousy Bruce Banner, there is a balance there, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferragno was a split actor attempt and we know how well that worked. Hard to find a guy that comes off as intelligent in normal form and looks angry enough in Hulk form.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Yeah Brock Lesner would be a good Hulk, but a lousy Bruce Banner, there is a balance there, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferragno was a split actor attempt and we know how well that worked. Hard to find a guy that comes off as intelligent in normal form and looks angry enough in Hulk form.

The problem with that is that someone the size of Andre the Giant would still be too small to play the Hulk properly. Using Lou Ferrigno in the TV series was a low-budget solution and would look like complete $#!+ on the big screen today.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm
  • While The Incredible Hulk film was meh of its own accord, I actually thought Edward Norton made a much better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:While The Incredible Hulk film was meh of its own accord, I actually thought Edward Norton made a much better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.

The rumor was, on top of the fact that Edward Norton doesn't do sequels (to his own films, amusingly, he has been in several movies that were sequels to films he wasn't in), he is notoriously difficult to work with, and only agreed to do The Incredible Hulk with final script approval. He ended up doing a full page 1 rewrite, which didn't sit well with Marvel.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 pm
  • Doesn't really matter to my point. He's a better actor than Ruffalo overall by a long shot, hard to work with or not. It's unfortunate they couldn't find a way to keep him as Hulk. Oh, well.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu May 03, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Yeah I keep hoping for Ruffalo's Banner to grow on me but it never seems to. Norton was the best in the role in the modern era IMO.

Love this movie. Fun and entertaining and edge of your seat action from start to finish. All that sitting around and waiting for Thanos to finally actually do something really paid off. Very well executed. Seeing the Guardians and Avengers team up was everything I hoped it would be and then some. Stark & Strange interactions were well done and we got some good Spider-Man stuff too. Very well balanced considering all the characters they had to give screen time to.

I just wish they'd stop making characters like Sam, Natalia, Roadie & Bruce crack jokes. They're just not funny to me and they almost never land.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu May 03, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Now I can't stop re-imagining various scenes with Hulk from the past decade of MCU films where Edward Norton was Bruce Banner instead of Mark Ruffalo, and I'm really disappointed.

Damnit.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri May 04, 2018 11:10 am
  • Hmm, I may have to go back and watch the Norton hulk. I like Norton, but I don't recall being particularly impressed with his Banner/Hulk role. If anything, I think the villain stole the show in that.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am
  • To me the only difference is between Banners. Hulk is Hulk, I don't give a shit who's playing him. I personally like Norton and Bana better than Ruffalo as Banner, but it's not a huge deal.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Hmm, I may have to go back and watch the Norton hulk. I like Norton, but I don't recall being particularly impressed with his Banner/Hulk role. If anything, I think the villain stole the show in that.

I feel like Norton put the "tortured soul" feeling into Bruce Banner in a way nobody else who has ever played him has done. Watch it again and let us know what you think, IMO.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:My favorite part is that Thanos is a Malthusian. I won't go into much more detail since I don't want to turn this into a discussion that would violate board rules, but Malthusians are always villains, in my point of view.

Thanos is an Eternal with the deviant gene, don't be silly.

/Sarcasm for those who are challenged.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 13, 2018 7:18 am
  • I saw this opening night. I think it might be my 2nd favorite movie of all time behind Braveheart. Thanos is far and away the best MCU villain and only rivaled by Ledgers Joker for best comic book movie villain to me (No Im not forgetting Killmonger, I thought he sucked.)

I read up to Thanos Quest in the comics before I watched the movie and now Im working on Infinity Gauntlet. Its cool seeing some of the little things they took from these comics but changed a little. Like in Thanos quest he is also trying to kill off half the population, but he's doing so to gain the love of Lady Death. Or Hulk crashing through Dr Strange's roof, its Silver Surfer in the comics. Of Thanos turning Drax into ribbons (its Thanos brother Eros in the comics.)

I really want to go see it again, I just dont have the time.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun May 13, 2018 6:07 pm
  • "2nd favorite movie of all time" ?!?!?!?!

Man, I liked it, but...lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:"2nd favorite movie of all time" ?!?!?!?!

Man, I liked it, but...lol.

My 2nd favorite doesn't mean I think it was the 2nd best film of all time. I just cant remember any other movie other than Braveheart that I enjoyed that much.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 pm
  • Just saw it last night and it was much better than I expected.

Prediction: I’m thinking Iron man wields the gauntlet to kill Thanos and in the process sacrifices himself. However, it will not be the end of Iron Man, just Tony Stark. We will have a new Iron Man take his place and it’s not who you think it would be...
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information