Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Infinity Warz: SPOILER EDITION!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Infinity Warz: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 am
  • Ok spoiler alert for those who haven't seen it yet....













    Really cool movie and ideas in this one that to me made it surpass 95% of the super hero movies that I feel are too formulaic (Including the first two avenger movies)

    One question really stuck out to me though which I haven't seen discussed online. People have said that clearly Dr. Strange let Thanos have the time stone because he was following the one and only timeline that led to them winning... However, if the half of the creatures in the universe who disappeared in the end was randomly selected, as I originally assumed, this doesn't make much sense. They would have to get so, almost unbelievably lucky to have just the right people live and die for this to happen.

    So to me there are three options.

    1) It actually wasn't random who lived and died at the end, there was some cosmic process.
    2) In this story we are selectively following the 1 and only timeline where they do get very very lucky.
    3) This is a big plothole that won't be addressed.


    Would the fact that the avengers only won 1 out of 14+ million outcomes imply that they would need things to go absolutely perfect in regards to who lives and dies at the end, making the most likely outcome number 2?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4042
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm
  • If somebody can see the future, then the outcome can still be random and yet the outcome known. There could be millions of outcomes where Stark lives and they still fail. But if he is alive for the one and only one option where they win, then Strange still has to make that deal.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:18 pm
  • My favorite part is that Thanos is a Malthusian. I won't go into much more detail since I don't want to turn this into a discussion that would violate board rules, but Malthusians are always villains, in my point of view.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:24 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:If somebody can see the future, then the outcome can still be random and yet the outcome known. There could be millions of outcomes where Stark lives and they still fail. But if he is alive for the one and only one option where they win, then Strange still has to make that deal.


    Ok I think I know what you’re saying.. aren’t you in essence saying #2 in my list?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4042
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:33 pm
  • Well, ya I guess. Would you expect the story to follow one of the other 13,999,999 paths that don't work out?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Well, ya I guess. Would you expect the story to follow one of the other 13,999,999 paths that don't work out?


    I think that's fair, but the fact that Strange made a point to Stark earlier that he would not sacrifice the Time Stone to save him leads me to believe Tony has to have a major part in taking down Thanos.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3927
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 6:54 pm
  • Not to spoil, but I believe in the comics Iron Man is the one who does it, so . . .
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm
  • I wish they'd stop portraying Hulk as such a pussy. He's the only superhero that actually has unlimited power - the more angry he gets, the stronger he gets. In theory, truly limitless.

    On a side note, I've never liked Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, either.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 4:54 am
  • Did you like either of the previous Hulks better or still searching for a good one? I'm good with Ruffalo but that might be mostly because I didn't like either of the others.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am
  • Yeah Brock Lesner would be a good Hulk, but a lousy Bruce Banner, there is a balance there, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferragno was a split actor attempt and we know how well that worked. Hard to find a guy that comes off as intelligent in normal form and looks angry enough in Hulk form.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24193
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Yeah Brock Lesner would be a good Hulk, but a lousy Bruce Banner, there is a balance there, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferragno was a split actor attempt and we know how well that worked. Hard to find a guy that comes off as intelligent in normal form and looks angry enough in Hulk form.


    The problem with that is that someone the size of Andre the Giant would still be too small to play the Hulk properly. Using Lou Ferrigno in the TV series was a low-budget solution and would look like complete $#!+ on the big screen today.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3927
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm
  • While The Incredible Hulk film was meh of its own accord, I actually thought Edward Norton made a much better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:While The Incredible Hulk film was meh of its own accord, I actually thought Edward Norton made a much better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.


    The rumor was, on top of the fact that Edward Norton doesn't do sequels (to his own films, amusingly, he has been in several movies that were sequels to films he wasn't in), he is notoriously difficult to work with, and only agreed to do The Incredible Hulk with final script approval. He ended up doing a full page 1 rewrite, which didn't sit well with Marvel.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3927
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 pm
  • Doesn't really matter to my point. He's a better actor than Ruffalo overall by a long shot, hard to work with or not. It's unfortunate they couldn't find a way to keep him as Hulk. Oh, well.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu May 03, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Yeah I keep hoping for Ruffalo's Banner to grow on me but it never seems to. Norton was the best in the role in the modern era IMO.

    Love this movie. Fun and entertaining and edge of your seat action from start to finish. All that sitting around and waiting for Thanos to finally actually do something really paid off. Very well executed. Seeing the Guardians and Avengers team up was everything I hoped it would be and then some. Stark & Strange interactions were well done and we got some good Spider-Man stuff too. Very well balanced considering all the characters they had to give screen time to.

    I just wish they'd stop making characters like Sam, Natalia, Roadie & Bruce crack jokes. They're just not funny to me and they almost never land.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 20205
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu May 03, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Now I can't stop re-imagining various scenes with Hulk from the past decade of MCU films where Edward Norton was Bruce Banner instead of Mark Ruffalo, and I'm really disappointed.

    Damnit.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Fri May 04, 2018 11:10 am
  • Hmm, I may have to go back and watch the Norton hulk. I like Norton, but I don't recall being particularly impressed with his Banner/Hulk role. If anything, I think the villain stole the show in that.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105264
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am
  • To me the only difference is between Banners. Hulk is Hulk, I don't give a shit who's playing him. I personally like Norton and Bana better than Ruffalo as Banner, but it's not a huge deal.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 20205
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Hmm, I may have to go back and watch the Norton hulk. I like Norton, but I don't recall being particularly impressed with his Banner/Hulk role. If anything, I think the villain stole the show in that.

    I feel like Norton put the "tortured soul" feeling into Bruce Banner in a way nobody else who has ever played him has done. Watch it again and let us know what you think, IMO.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:My favorite part is that Thanos is a Malthusian. I won't go into much more detail since I don't want to turn this into a discussion that would violate board rules, but Malthusians are always villains, in my point of view.


    Thanos is an Eternal with the deviant gene, don't be silly.

    /Sarcasm for those who are challenged.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sun May 13, 2018 7:18 am
  • I saw this opening night. I think it might be my 2nd favorite movie of all time behind Braveheart. Thanos is far and away the best MCU villain and only rivaled by Ledgers Joker for best comic book movie villain to me (No Im not forgetting Killmonger, I thought he sucked.)

    I read up to Thanos Quest in the comics before I watched the movie and now Im working on Infinity Gauntlet. Its cool seeing some of the little things they took from these comics but changed a little. Like in Thanos quest he is also trying to kill off half the population, but he's doing so to gain the love of Lady Death. Or Hulk crashing through Dr Strange's roof, its Silver Surfer in the comics. Of Thanos turning Drax into ribbons (its Thanos brother Eros in the comics.)

    I really want to go see it again, I just dont have the time.
    User avatar
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1984
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sun May 13, 2018 6:07 pm
  • "2nd favorite movie of all time" ?!?!?!?!

    Man, I liked it, but...lol.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31696
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:"2nd favorite movie of all time" ?!?!?!?!

    Man, I liked it, but...lol.



    My 2nd favorite doesn't mean I think it was the 2nd best film of all time. I just cant remember any other movie other than Braveheart that I enjoyed that much.
    User avatar
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1984
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 pm
  • Just saw it last night and it was much better than I expected.

    Prediction: I’m thinking Iron man wields the gauntlet to kill Thanos and in the process sacrifices himself. However, it will not be the end of Iron Man, just Tony Stark. We will have a new Iron Man take his place and it’s not who you think it would be...
    User avatar
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1012
    Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 am


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 pm
  • Thanos literally bodied the Hulk in 10 seconds with kung fu, then forgot his kung fu or whatever for the rest of the movie and struggled against Iron man and Capt America??? Lame.

    Vision was wasted. Him and Scarlett witch (arguably 2 of the most powerful Avengers) were getting wrecked by the 2 members of the Black Order, but got saved by 3 mortals?? Lame.

    And wasn't the whole point of Thor Ragnarok that Thor didn't need a weapon (Mjolnir) because Asgard is within him? Now all of a sudden they contradict the movie and now he needs a weapon? A weapon he knew about all this time (that he could have used against Hela)?? A weapon that cut through a 6 stone Infinity Gauntlet blast like it was nothing??? The Infinity Gauntlet??!! A weapon they've been hyping for 18 movies!????

    L A M E
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1455
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Thanos literally bodied the Hulk in 10 seconds with kung fu, then forgot his kung fu or whatever for the rest of the movie and struggled against Iron man and Capt America??? Lame.

    Vision was wasted. Him and Scarlett witch (arguably 2 of the most powerful Avengers) were getting wrecked by the 2 members of the Black Order, but got saved by 3 mortals?? Lame.

    And wasn't the whole point of Thor Ragnarok that Thor didn't need a weapon (Mjolnir) because Asgard is within him? Now all of a sudden they contradict the movie and now he needs a weapon? A weapon he knew about all this time (that he could have used against Hela)?? A weapon that cut through a 6 stone Infinity Gauntlet blast like it was nothing??? The Infinity Gauntlet??!! A weapon they've been hyping for 18 movies!????

    L A M E


    You do realize that stuff like this literally happens in the comics themselves... right?
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 9:49 am
  • I don't read the comics. I just would like movies that have have so much build up and anticipation to make sense and not contradict the ones that came before them.

    Sure the movie was great eye candy and had lots of action. Thanos is the Mad Titan though. He's supposed to be crushing people. He threw parts of the moon at someone for goodness sakes. THE MOON!! You mean to tell me that same guy that did that AND took out the Hulk had a stalemate in strength with Capt?? That's inconsistent man, and you're okay with that? I'm not. They've been hyping this movie for years. The Russo brothers could have given us a better (Thanos) movie is all I'm saying.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1455
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am
  • A stalemate with Cap? No. I think he likely assumed Cap was some random human with human strength. He was surprised Cap was much stronger. Then, he swatted him like a fly. I see it like when we expect something to weigh less than it does. We can be surprised by the weight and still carry that thing very easily.
    Thanos isn't a blood-thirsty killer. He is calculated and seems to only kill when he sees it as necessary. I also think he respects the opposition he is facing. He respects people who stand up to him rather than getting pissed that people would dare defy his vision of how things should be.
    It's cool if you don't like it, but I think you're looking at it too simplistically. This isn't Snidely Whiplash just being evil for evil's sake. He genuinely thinks he is doing what is best and knows that the people he faces think they are doing what is best. He doesn't have animosity toward anyone except maybe Loki.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:I don't read the comics. I just would like movies that have have so much build up and anticipation to make sense and not contradict the ones that came before them.

    Sure the movie was great eye candy and had lots of action. Thanos is the Mad Titan though. He's supposed to be crushing people. He threw parts of the moon at someone for goodness sakes. THE MOON!! You mean to tell me that same guy that did that AND took out the Hulk had a stalemate in strength with Capt?? That's inconsistent man, and you're okay with that? I'm not. They've been hyping this movie for years. The Russo brothers could have given us a better (Thanos) movie is all I'm saying.


    I was merely stating that this is the way things are in a comic universe, that's all. You don't have to agree with that, but it's merely fact. Also, you not liking the movie doesn't affect me at all, I was merely pointing something out. :irishdrinkers:

    LargentFan wrote:Thanos isn't a blood-thirsty killer.


    Untrue, Thanos is definitely a blood thirsty killer.

    Thanos wrote:Am I not Thanos?! Did I not butcher the woman who gave me birth, who forced me into this hell called life? Is not the wake of my passing crimson with the blood of my enemies and allies alike?! Death is with me every second of the day!
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 4:44 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    I was merely stating that this is the way things are in a comic universe, that's all. You don't have to agree with that, but it's merely fact. Also, you not liking the movie doesn't affect me at all, I was merely pointing something out. :irishdrinkers:


    Where in my reply did I disagree with your point that things happen similarly in the comics? I just said I don't read them. Also, my post wasn't aimed to "affect" you in any way at all. You replied to my comment, not the I to you. Anywho, I get what you're saying. Not trying to attack you, just saying I think Thanos could have been more... "Blood thirsty". :irishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1455
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 5:52 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:
    I was merely stating that this is the way things are in a comic universe, that's all. You don't have to agree with that, but it's merely fact. Also, you not liking the movie doesn't affect me at all, I was merely pointing something out. :irishdrinkers:


    Where in my reply did I disagree with your point that things happen similarly in the comics? I just said I don't read them. Also, my post wasn't aimed to "affect" you in any way at all. You replied to my comment, not the I to you. Anywho, I get what you're saying. Not trying to attack you, just saying I think Thanos could have been more... "Blood thirsty". :irishdrinkers:


    If Thanos was more Bloodthirsty he would have been dealt with more urgently as well, Thanos is a lot like the rise of the Nazi regiem in my opinion, it was years in the making but then catapulted almost over night to a serious threat. Had Hitler tried to assert dominance right away rather then gain popular opinion and support he would have been ousted and failed right away. He built momentum and then capaltalized on his power.

    Thanos did the same thing with all the pre Infinity war movies in different arenas, each attempt to do something was a stepping stone to a bigger picture.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24193
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 6:29 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:[

    Where in my reply did I disagree with your point that things happen similarly in the comics? I just said I don't read them.


    If you don't read them, then how would you know about my point...?

    :twisted:
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Okie...you're referencing Thanos-616. This is the MCU. He's different in a ton of ways. Next you'll tell me the movie character is courting the goddess of death??
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:Okie...you're referencing Thanos-616. This is the MCU. He's different in a ton of ways. Next you'll tell me the movie character is courting the goddess of death??


    They have never stated it wasn't 616. Also, it was never the goddess of death, but Death herself.

    EDIT: I was wrong, and boy does this make more sense. They officially designated the MCU as Earth 199999, and I was unaware of this. I had merely written off the inconsistencies as creative differences and moved on. This new information makes me happy.

    Thanks LargentFan for taking me on this journey of discovery. :irishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 pm
  • Happy to help.
    Growing up, I was a huge fan of Iron Man. Back in the day, nobody gave two shits about him. He wasn’t considered a major hero by most people, but he was always the best in my opinion. What I liked about him was that he was just a dude. Super smart, but no super powers, yet he was a leader of the premier super hero team. I remember reading Wizard magazine and wishing he’d end up on the cover, only to see the editor say it would never happen because he was not “big enough.”
    Anyway, my Iron Man/Avengers fandom lead me to mostly hate mutants and the X-Men. It was a rivalry for coolness and I couldn’t like both, so I loved one and hated the other. Still do. F the X-Men and F Wolverine most of all.(Logan is one of my favorite comic book movies ever, despite my hate for the comic character. It was just too good.)
    Anyway, one day, I was at the local comic shop and I stumbled across Infinity Gauntlet #4. The cover intrigued me. I had never seen Thanos before, but the all-out battle inside that book instantly made him my new favorite villain and I have loved his character ever since. I bought all of the available Infinity Gauntlet issues(I had to wait for #6) and it has been my favorite comic story since then.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is basically my young self’s dream scenario. Great movies centered around my favorite character and favorite team, building toward a face-off against my favorite villain. I couldn’t be happier.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu May 31, 2018 9:58 am
  • LargentFan wrote:Happy to help.
    Growing up, I was a huge fan of Iron Man. Back in the day, nobody gave two shits about him. He wasn’t considered a major hero by most people, but he was always the best in my opinion. What I liked about him was that he was just a dude. Super smart, but no super powers, yet he was a leader of the premier super hero team. I remember reading Wizard magazine and wishing he’d end up on the cover, only to see the editor say it would never happen because he was not “big enough.”
    Anyway, my Iron Man/Avengers fandom lead me to mostly hate mutants and the X-Men. It was a rivalry for coolness and I couldn’t like both, so I loved one and hated the other. Still do. F the X-Men and F Wolverine most of all.(Logan is one of my favorite comic book movies ever, despite my hate for the comic character. It was just too good.)
    Anyway, one day, I was at the local comic shop and I stumbled across Infinity Gauntlet #4. The cover intrigued me. I had never seen Thanos before, but the all-out battle inside that book instantly made him my new favorite villain and I have loved his character ever since. I bought all of the available Infinity Gauntlet issues(I had to wait for #6) and it has been my favorite comic story since then.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is basically my young self’s dream scenario. Great movies centered around my favorite character and favorite team, building toward a face-off against my favorite villain. I couldn’t be happier.


    That's funny, as Wolverine was always one of my favorites in the comics growing up. I think that was because I always enjoyed the mutant comics more than the other ones.

    I really never read any Iron Man Comics until I got much older. To me he was Batman with a cooler suit, so I never really thought much about him.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu May 31, 2018 3:15 pm
  • One of them I saw...Wolverine snuck up on Thanos and cut his damn arm off, gauntlet and all.

    Wolverine solves problems rather bluntly.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4295
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu May 31, 2018 3:20 pm
  • Oh, and y'all still haven't seen Rune King Thor yet. He has a level of omnipotence where he thinks things and it just is.

    Multiple ways out of this storyline. Capt Marvel could play a part, but Binary would somehow have to come into play.

    Worldbreaker could play a part, but not in bringing people back.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4295
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Oh, and y'all still haven't seen Rune King Thor yet. He has a level of omnipotence where he thinks things and it just is.

    Multiple ways out of this storyline. Capt Marvel could play a part, but Binary would somehow have to come into play.

    Worldbreaker could play a part, but not in bringing people back.


    Captain Marvel will definitely play a part, I believe that's already been stated somewhere...yep, here. This is another movie I'm definitely excited for as Captain Marvel is pretty bad ass.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:They officially designated the MCU as Earth 199999

    For clarity
    Earth 616 - Marvel Comics version of Earth.
    Earth 199999 - Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Earth.

    Additional fun fact:
    Earth 1218 - Actual real life version of Earth.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Oh, and y'all still haven't seen Rune King Thor yet. He has a level of omnipotence where he thinks things and it just is.

    Multiple ways out of this storyline. Capt Marvel could play a part, but Binary would somehow have to come into play.

    Worldbreaker could play a part, but not in bringing people back.


    Captain Marvel will definitely play a part, I believe that's already been stated somewhere...yep, here. This is another movie I'm definitely excited for as Captain Marvel is pretty bad ass.

    Marvel by herself is awesome, but is as powerful than an inexperienced Thor. If she is going to play a part then it's got to be approaching Binary, IMO, and not just a basic Marvel level.

    And even then, we're talking about a fully realized 6 stone IG Thanos. If it were just Thanos without stones then meh, but the story will need something uber powerful to overcome 6 stone IG Thanos. The only thing there is in the storyline, IMO, is Thor sacrificing his other eye, hanging himself with the runes, etc. and becoming more omnipotent than the full 6 stone IG.

    My guess is that, being the MCU, it will be some new team deal where no one is really what they are in the comics, because they never are, really. It's watered down to the point where, as never seen before, Hulk is now...a coward. That just doesn't happen in any story and now it has.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4295
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:04 pm
  • This suggests she's going Binary somehow:

    Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige commented, "With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had."


    Even then, Binary can only play a part. Binary is her strongest form and it's no where near full IG Thanos or RKT, which would also suggest that we don't see RKT, but does that also not mean that IG Thanos isn't at the same level of the comics? Or is it just yet to be seen? Not sure, but it's interesting.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4295
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:16 am
  • LargentFan wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:They officially designated the MCU as Earth 199999

    For clarity
    Earth 616 - Marvel Comics version of Earth.
    Earth 199999 - Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Earth.

    Additional fun fact:
    Earth 1218 - Actual real life version of Earth.


    I knew what 616 was, I just didn't know they had officially designated the MCU as a seperate dimension. Like I said earlier, that cleared up a lot for me and was smart on their part.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:36 am
  • Wasn't aimed at you. There are more people in this thread that may not have known that. Plus, I thought it would be fun to know that they gave a universe number to real life.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:23 pm
  • *POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR ANT-MAN AND THE WASP*








































    first promotional art for Avengers 4 revealed Ant-Man survived the fingersnap.

    Image
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3927
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:24 pm
  • Can OP or a mod please edit this thread title? It's been driving me nuts since day 1. It's Infinity War...not wars. Pretty please?
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:Can OP or a mod please edit this thread title? It's been driving me nuts since day 1. It's Infinity War...not wars. Pretty please?


    No because you wish it so

    Is what they will say :P
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24193
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Infinity Wars: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:03 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:Can OP or a mod please edit this thread title? It's been driving me nuts since day 1. It's Infinity War...not wars. Pretty please?


    No because you wish it so

    Is what they will say :P


    It's what I would have said. :twisted:
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9427
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Infinity Warz: SPOILER EDITION!!
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 pm
  • I gotta think that Adam Warlock will be included somehow to help stop Thanos. They hinted at the character at the end of GotG 2 and haven’t seen or heard anything since.
    User avatar
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1012
    Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 am


Re: Infinity Warz: SPOILER EDITION!!
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:I gotta think that Adam Warlock will be included somehow to help stop Thanos. They hinted at the character at the end of GotG 2 and haven’t seen or heard anything since.


    Kevin Feige, James Gunn, and the Russo Brothers have all stated Adam Warlock will not be in Avengers 4.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3927
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Next


It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online