Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Cobra Kai

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Cobra Kai
Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am
  • Anyone else see this? It's on YouTube Red. It's actually pretty good. Definitely worth a watch.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Cobra Kai
Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 am
  • I just found out a friend of mine is in a couple episodes. Might have to check it out.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am
  • Looking forward to it being on something other than Youtube Red so I can watch it.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri May 04, 2018 11:32 am
  • Just finished episode 7. It's funny because I'm really enjoying it, but if it wasn't for the tie in to the original Karate Kid I probably wouldn't have made it through our past the first episode. Take away the nostalgia element and it's a terrible show. But with the nostalgia element this whole show is a tangled web of the past and the future intertwining into a massive ass kicking ball of Coors Banquet beer and karate fury!

If you love Karate Kid, and can get past the Hallmark channel level production, it's a lot of fun with a few really cool moments for nostalgia.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri May 04, 2018 4:55 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Just finished episode 7. It's funny because I'm really enjoying it, but if it wasn't for the tie in to the original Karate Kid I probably wouldn't have made it through our past the first episode. Take away the nostalgia element and it's a terrible show. But with the nostalgia element this whole show is a tangled web of the past and the future intertwining into a massive ass kicking ball of Coors Banquet beer and karate fury!

If you love Karate Kid, and can get past the Hallmark channel level production, it's a lot of fun with a few really cool moments for nostalgia.

I just finished episode 7 as well and you're right. If you're not a fan of the original 3 movies then I don't know how you'll feel about this show, but since I am a fan I love this show. It's a lot better than I thought it would be when it was first announced.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri May 04, 2018 5:52 pm
  • I watched the first 2 on YouTube today. It's not going to win any awards but it's not bad. It's pretty funny at times.

It seems to be all up on normal YouTube because I don't have red.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Fri May 04, 2018 5:59 pm
  • Johnny's actually pretty funny a few times. Got a couple of laughs out of me.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri May 04, 2018 9:11 pm
  • Nevermind it being on normal YouTube, it was a couple of shows and a bunch of previews.

I guess I won't be watching anymore.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 3:12 pm
  • I finished the season this afternoon. Episode 9 was probably my favorite. The way it ended means season 2, if there is one, should be very interesting.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat May 05, 2018 3:28 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I finished the season this afternoon. Episode 9 was probably my favorite. The way it ended means season 2, if there is one, should be very interesting.

I'm definitely interested to see more.

I could do without Daniel's fatass spoiled son, though. I was really hoping he'd get his **** kicked in by season's end.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 5:26 pm
  • Yeah as really Johnny is not a bad guy. Just misunderstood. He bet he wished he had a Pat Morita in his life like Daniel San!
    Happy Veteran's Day!!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Mon May 07, 2018 12:31 pm
  • This show really hit its stride from episodes 5-9. 8 and 9 were so tight. 10 was a little bit of a let down because I just think they could have built up the final fight a little better, but Johnny Lawrence in the second half of this season is the real mvp. And of course the very ending was just about everything we could have wanted and more. Can't wait for season 2.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 07, 2018 5:26 pm
  • Just watched the first two episodes on regular youtube. Will probably do the 30 day sign up for youtube red this weekend and binge the rest.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon May 07, 2018 5:34 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Just watched the first two episodes on regular youtube. Will probably do the 30 day sign up for youtube red this weekend and binge the rest.

This is the first original YouTube Red programming I've watched but I've had the service for as long as it's been around. No ads and screen-off mode plus Google Music was already worth the $10/mo as it is IMO. Having something actually worth watching on Red is just gravy.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm
  • Signed up early. Figured 8 episodes isn't too much to binge during the week. 2 more to go, should finish tonight.

I'll have to check out Google music. I presume it's something where I can pick specific songs to play? If I could set that up with my Google Home, that would be nice.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 08, 2018 3:49 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Signed up early. Figured 8 episodes isn't too much to binge during the week. 2 more to go, should finish tonight.

I'll have to check out Google music. I presume it's something where I can pick specific songs to play? If I could set that up with my Google Home, that would be nice.

Yeah, it's basically Google's iTunes, and I imagine it would set up nicely with the Google Home.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information