Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Westworld - Season 2 - SPOILERS

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Westworld - Season 2 - SPOILERS
Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am
  • I'm surprised no one has started a thread for Westworld S2 yet. I didn't start watching the show until earlier this year and definitely enjoyed the first season. I feel like it's one of those shows that if you really want to have a grasp on what's going on, you have to be seriously tuned-in to the details -- which I love.

Anyway, four episodes into S2 and I'm REALLY digging this season. Seriously, this season and series could go just about anywhere from here. Bernarnold's memories and the related timelines have been interesting. I've got my own theories as to what his memories, and recently him taking a control unit before having the drone hosts kill everyone/themselves, mean going forward. I like William's story so far. His time in the park is awesome, he's finally getting to play a game that means something to him, but the scenes of him with James Delos were, IMO, some of the best scenes of the whole series so far. The last two attempts that we see of William and James having the "baseline chat" were very emotional and so well done. Those scenes and the scene with Dolores and Peter Abernathy were outstanding in that I didn't think I would have so much empathy/sympathy towards characters that we know are robots, and they're malfunctioning robots at that. I just thought the scenes were beautifully done.

Ever since seeing Evan Rachel Wood in Across the Universe I've thought she was a hottie, but GOOD LAWD do I love her performance as Dolores/Wyatt. If you pay attention, you'll notice her accent changes depending on what mood/character she is at the time. Sweet southern accent = Dolores, almost no accent at all = Wyatt. Nice little detail IMO. Seeing her go full T-1000 mode in E3 while she's going after Peter/Charlotte was awesome.

Huge shoutout to the actors playing Peter Abernathy (Louis Herthum) and James Delos (Peter Mullan). Everything about their performances as malfunctioning hosts has been outstanding. Seriously chilling moments when Peter changes roles. The two times it really stuck out to me was when he starts singing "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah" at the Confederados and when he is switching roles and switches to "The Professor" when speaking with Bernard in E3. Delos struggling to get even simple words and phrases out after William breaks him makes me feel frustrated and heart broken for the guy, even if William points out that he was really just an unethical asshole. It was like I was weirdly rooting for Delos to pull-through and 'live forever,' while knowing that's an awful idea and he's not a character that really deserves it.

There are just so many details and easter eggs in Westworld that have catapulted this show to the top of my list. It amazes me sometimes what folks on reddit and other platforms can pick out from each episode.

PS - Ed Harris is also fantastic.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Re: Westworld - Season 2 - SPOILERS
Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm
  • So here is the question.

Who are Hosts?

Who are humans?

Who are those that have had their consciousness transferred to a robotic body ?

Who are those that have had their consciousness transferred to a robotic body but have had a routine installed that prevents them to know who they are ?

Oh and one last thing, which is the real timeline? or is this a Robotic dream ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Westworld - Season 2 - SPOILERS
Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 pm
  • I love it, chris.

JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]