Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

LOCAL Epic battle between eagle, fox and rabbit

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Nature was on grand display on San Juan Island this month — and photographer Kevin Ebi was there to document it.

He describes the scene as a 'dramatic act of thievery' when a bald eagle tried stealing a rabbit from a young red fox at San Juan Island National Historical Park. This battle went airborne - more than 20 feet at times - and the tussle was photographed from start to finish.

Ebi says the red fox isn't native to San Juan Island, but introduced by settlers in the 1900s. He also notes that rabbits aren't the main prey of the fox, which typically prefer berries, insects and voles. But on this day, a young fox and rabbit found themselves on the sharp talon-end of a hunting eagle.

The scene began when the fox snatched a rabbit in a meadow and that's when Ebi noticed an eagle closing in on the rabbit. He writes, "To my surprise, the scene was even more dramatic than I expected. I thought the fox would drop the rabbit, giving the eagle an easy dinner."

But the eagle had both animals in its clutches and the three animals took flight in a continuous struggle. Ebi says the kit put up a noble fight and the eagle let go with one talon, sending the fox falling back to Earth.

Ebi says, "The whole battle was over in less than 8 seconds."

The young fox scampered off and Ebi says his photos didn't show a single scratch.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 884102?C=N
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• That fox is lucky the eagle was looking for a meal and not a fight.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

• Lucky he let go so low, lots of times a Eagle will soar up and then drop the prey and let gravity do the dirty work and then feast.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information