Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

23-foot-long python swallows Indonesian woman

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — A 7-meter-long (23-foot-long) python has swallowed a woman in central Indonesia, a village official said Saturday.

The victim, 54-year-old Wa Tiba, went missing while checking her vegetable garden near her village on Muna island in Southeast Sulawesi province on Thursday evening, according to the village chief, Faris.

On Friday, her family went to look for her at the garden but found only her belongings, including sandals and a flashlight, said Faris, who uses a single name.

The family and villagers launched a search for the woman, and found the snake with a bloated belly about 50 meters (yards) from where her belongings were found.

The villagers killed the snake and carried it to the village.

"When they cut open the snake's belly they found Tiba's body still intact with all her clothes," Faris said. "She was swallowed first from her head."

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/2 ... sian-woman
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Good Lord what a way to go. Ugh. Poor family.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Must have been a small woman? Doesnt say. At least they squeeze you to death before swallowing.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I guess when your number is up, it's just up....
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• How do you even allow that to happen? It's not like they are the fastest animals on the planet.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Flashlight in a vegetable garden. It might have been feeding there and the light probably didn't help. The garden could have been quite high too with lots of foliage. If she was small and preoccupied, I can see bad things happening with a snake that big. :shock:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Yeah. Either way, not a fun way to go. Poor lady.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I don't remember all the details, but when I was a kid, the proprietor of the local Reptile Park, Joe Bredl, was almost killed by his similar-sized scrub python. This is Australia's largest snake. He'd heard a commotion when doing his rounds one evening after closing time, and his perentie monitor (Australia's largest lizard) had managed to escape from its enclosure and got into the scrub python's enclosure, where a massive fight ensued.

He entered the enclosure to try to break it up, but the python turned on him. It was only the arrival of two other family members alerted by his shouts for help which saved him, he said. Apparently as fast as he pulled the snake off him, coupled with the extreme effort of holding its head, it kept putting coils around him, and he was fast tiring when help arrived.

BTW, the perentie died, which he was devastated by, as I think it was the largest of its species in captivity in the world.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Faris said the victim's garden, about 1 kilometer (half a mile) from her house, is located in a rocky area with caves and cliffs believed to contain many snakes.

Reticulated pythons, which are widespread in Indonesia and other parts of Southeast Asia, grab onto their prey with dozens of sharp curved teeth and then squeeze it to death before swallowing it whole.

Reports of humans being killed by pythons are extremely rare. In the wild they are known to eat monkeys, pigs and other mammals.

It was the second python attack on a human in Indonesia since March last year, when a 25-year-old man was swallowed whole by a python in West Sulawesi province.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Horrible.

I'm struggling to think of a worse way to go in honesty.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information