Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Star Wars: Episode IX

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:11 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Would make a lot of sense. A pretty easy "appease the fanboys" move too. I wouldn't be mad at it. It would make whatever happens with him and Ezra/Sabine more interesting, and it could be a good bridge to explaining Snoke & the First Order, for those who feel like they need that whole thing explained to them in a movie.

My initial reaction is that he's not Thrawn. But the more I think about it and how much sense it would make, both on and off screen, I'm starting to lean the other direction.

Wouldn't the lack of blue skin be a problem?

Definitely.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:58 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Wouldn't that be some shit. Not likely anytime soon, IMO.

Totally agree.....since they got Capt Jean-Luc Picard back....it aint happnin.

It would be a byproduct of Disney acquiring Paramount. Disney wouldn't just buy Star Trek.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm
  • Disney might split Episode IX into two movies. While I'm generally against such things, I am hopefully they would treat the existing Episode VIII as a dream sequence and then essentially re-do it with part one and then part two would be the real Episode IX.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star ... franchise/
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:46 pm
  • Lol:

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 am
  • They will make the Lando character closeted gay and secretly in love with Solo.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 pm
  • Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am
  • Bahaha that was fantastic, Zeb.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am
  • Star Wars is dead to me.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:01 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Star Wars is dead to me.

That TOTALLY changed my opinion. I'm going to hate Star Wars from now on just because it's dead to you.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Star Wars is dead to me.

That TOTALLY changed my opinion. I'm going to hate Star Wars from now on just because it's dead to you.

Okay.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:56 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Star Wars is dead to me.

Okay.

Well that settles that.

So anyway, what do you guys think of Rose leading the Resistance now that Leia is gone?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm
  • Sounds awful and doesn't make sense. She can lead the resbelliance, though. Whatever that is.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:13 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Sounds awful and doesn't make sense. She can lead the resbelliance, though. Whatever that is.

That's what happens when you're not sure if they're going with Resistance or Rebellion for the next movie.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Sounds awful and doesn't make sense. She can lead the resbelliance, though. Whatever that is.

That's what happens when you're not sure if they're going with Resistance or Rebellion for the next movie.

Hasn't it been the Resistance in the ST? I guess I see what you're saying, though. Either way, it doesn't make sense to me. You'd think Poe, Finn, Rey or one of the other randoms would be first in line for leadership.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:32 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Sounds awful and doesn't make sense. She can lead the resbelliance, though. Whatever that is.

Hasn't it been the Resistance in the ST? I guess I see what you're saying, though. Either way, it doesn't make sense to me. You'd think Poe, Finn, Rey or one of the other randoms would be first in line for leadership.

It was Resistance in TFA and then about halfway through TLJ they started saying Rebellion again. And yeah, obviously Poe is the de facto leader at this point, depending on what actually happens with Leia on screen.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 am
  • Rewatched TLJ last night and it's crazy how torn I am on that movie. I think they nailed some things, but totally blew it on some others.

I don't want to see anymore of Rose. Not only do I dislike her character, but I hate just about every piece of dialogue she has in the movie. So shallow. If she ends up leading the rebellion I'll be floored at how poor the decision making is in this trilogy. Every movie has it's flaws, or at the very least creative decisions that folks will disagree with, but I don't think I could handle another "I saved you, dummy" moment again. It's like she came straight from a Care Bears Star Wars crossover. "Saving what we love." Gross.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:48 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Rewatched TLJ last night and it's crazy how torn I am on that movie. I think they nailed some things, but totally blew it on some others.

I don't want to see anymore of Rose. Not only do I dislike her character, but I hate just about every piece of dialogue she has in the movie. So shallow. If she ends up leading the rebellion I'll be floored at how poor the decision making is in this trilogy. Every movie has it's flaws, or at the very least creative decisions that folks will disagree with, but I don't think I could handle another "I saved you, dummy" moment again. It's like she came straight from a Care Bears Star Wars crossover. "Saving what we love." Gross.

I suspect that with the death of most of the Resistance's leadership in TLJ, and the unfortunate passing of Carrie Fisher, the Resistance drafts General Calrissian out of retirement, especially since Billy Dee Williams is already confirmed.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Rewatched TLJ last night and it's crazy how torn I am on that movie. I think they nailed some things, but totally blew it on some others.

I suspect that with the death of most of the Resistance's leadership in TLJ, and the unfortunate passing of Carrie Fisher, the Resistance drafts General Calrissian out of retirement, especially since Billy Dee Williams is already confirmed.

I'm almost positive we'll see less of Rose in 9. I'd bet money on it. Unless JJ just wants to twist the knife haha. She was for sure the least likable part of TLJ for me. I don't full on hate her like a lot of people do, but I sure don't really care much about her. And her disney-kid persona can definitely go. If JJ makes her a little more rough around the edges and less Care Bearsy I'll be happy.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm
  • Maulbert - I could definitely get down to a Lando return. Interested to see what kind of shape his character is in all these years later lol.

Zeb - Yeah, it was the ridiculous Disney-kid persona like you said. So much seriousness in that movie and then there's Rose speaking like a child, trying to give us shallow commentary on war profiteering, etc.

Do you guys think it's at all possible that this trilogy turns into a four part series? I still feel like TLJ leaves us with pretty much nothing to look forward to and the scope is so small for a saga entry. I think it would be pretty cool if IX ends up having some really cool twist or crazy finish (like Infinity War) that seemingly requires another entry. Could just be my Star Wars fandom secretly wanting that, if nothing more than to redeem this trilogy, but I also wonder if the passing of Carrie Fisher wreaked havoc on their overall storyline of the series from TLJ onward.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information