Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:55 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:TFA's plot/story may have been weak. But it's one of those movies where it doesn't matter because the flow of the movie, timing, humor, etc, all that stuff that goes into making each scene fun and exciting was done well.

Then TLJ came along and slapped us in the face with earthy gags and boringness. Like that scene where he's talking to the empire and then pretends to put them on hold...what the HELL was that? I have never seen something so uncomfortably out of place in a franchise before. And then the movie goes on to outdo itself about 14 more times until your ability to withstand cringiness has reached it's peak, causing you to turn it off and swear to pretend this movie never existed.

But yeah. Hopefully 9 is good. Just make it good, JJ. The story is screwed but you can still make it good.

You dont remember Han Solo doing that?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am
  • I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan. I loved the OG trilogy growing up, was kicked in the nuts with everyone else with the Lucas prequel dumpster fires.............was pleasantly surprised with TFA, and was let down with TLJ.

Being a fan of cinema and the process of making movies, all I can say is I'm disappointed in Disney and Abrams for doing what I hate the most about movies, playing it safe.

It's readily apparent that Disney was and still is just fine in making the most sterile safe Star Wars movies as to not offend anyone and appeal to the widest possible audience. Thus the Disney kid actor types with their perfect cheek bones, pearly white teeth and polished beyond their years acting styles, with everyone in the spectrum of diversity being appropriately represented.

Even the better stand alone movies like Solo and Rogue One are fun, but don't exactly take the necessary risks IMO it takes to truly put something spectacular to film like this franchise deserves.

Which is fine, I get it. But I can't get all worked up over the franchise anymore. I will go see Episode IX, and am fully expecting to be what I've been since these latest Star Wars movies were released, underwhelmed.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:TFA's plot/story may have been weak. But it's one of those movies where it doesn't matter because the flow of the movie, timing, humor, etc, all that stuff that goes into making each scene fun and exciting was done well.

Then TLJ came along and slapped us in the face with earthy gags and boringness. Like that scene where he's talking to the empire and then pretends to put them on hold...what the HELL was that? I have never seen something so uncomfortably out of place in a franchise before. And then the movie goes on to outdo itself about 14 more times until your ability to withstand cringiness has reached it's peak, causing you to turn it off and swear to pretend this movie never existed.

But yeah. Hopefully 9 is good. Just make it good, JJ. The story is screwed but you can still make it good.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. The Han Solo "boring conversation anyway" scene did not cross the line IMO. He tried to wing his way through calming down the other storm troopers.

In TLJ we have a lone fighter going up against an entire Star Destroyer and opening the communication line and then choosing to pretend like he's holding for the general after the general starts talking to him. "Yeah I'm holding for General Hux"....it's like what? That's too earthly of a prank. Too cliche. Ruins the fantasy world.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm
  • I don't even know what to expect out of IX. The end of Empire Strikes Back at least suggested a specific mission: going to save Han. The end of Attack of the Clones was insipid, but at least everyone knew where the next movie inevitably had to go - the creation of Darth Vader.

With the ending of VIII, I'm standing here going "Uhh, what's the next mission...just continue the rebellion, kinda?"

The ending of VIII should have been the end of IX.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:41 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:The end of Attack of the Clones was insipid, but at least everyone knew where the next movie inevitably had to go - the creation of Darth Vader.

We only knew that because it was a prequel and we already knew that was what was ultimately going to happen. If you watch the prequels as a stand alone trilogy you don't know that.

MontanaHawk05 wrote:IWith the ending of VIII, I'm standing here going "Uhh, what's the next mission...just continue the rebellion, kinda?"

The ending of VIII should have been the end of IX.

I agree that the end of TLJ felt like the ending of a saga, except when you remember that the First Order is still dominant and the resistance is all but defeated, with the exception of the fact that Luke said the war is just beginning and there is a new spark of hope in a young Jedi named Rey.

It felt weird to me that there wasn't a more specific setup (i.e. going to save Han) so I totally get what you're saying and agree with you, and we really have no idea what the story for IX is going to be, other than it's pretty safe to assume that the plan is to rebuild the resistance and take one last shot to defeat (or redeem) Kylo Ren and destroy the First Order.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• The trailer and title for Episode IX just dropped. It's officially Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• That panel was great. Billy Dee killed it.

Palpatine back. Roland is gonna be stoked.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:45 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:TFA's plot/story may have been weak. But it's one of those movies where it doesn't matter because the flow of the movie, timing, humor, etc, all that stuff that goes into making each scene fun and exciting was done well.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. The Han Solo "boring conversation anyway" scene did not cross the line IMO. He tried to wing his way through calming down the other storm troopers.

In TLJ we have a lone fighter going up against an entire Star Destroyer and opening the communication line and then choosing to pretend like he's holding for the general after the general starts talking to him. "Yeah I'm holding for General Hux"....it's like what? That's too earthly of a prank. Too cliche. Ruins the fantasy world.

Neither crossed the line in my opinion. But one was certainly a call back to the other in tone and connection of the two characters.

So yes... i was being serious as much as can be talking about two moments in a 9 movie franchise that connect 40 years with a single bit of humor
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Maulbert wrote:The trailer and title for Episode IX just dropped. It's officially Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

Fantastic
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• That teaser was amazing. I know I said I didn't really have anything to look forward to in regards to IX, but holy hell that is hype inducing.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• For those who didn't get to see the panel, after they played the trailer the camera went back onto the stage which was empty of all the cast that was there before and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) was standing there alone. The crowd erupted and in his best Palps voice said "roll it again" and they showed the trailer again.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• I'll say this for JJ - he knows how to make a trailer.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:For those who didn't get to see the panel, after they played the trailer the camera went back onto the stage which was empty of all the cast that was there before and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) was standing there alone. The crowd erupted and in his best Palps voice said "roll it again" and they showed the trailer again.

The livestream was posted on YouTube as a regular video after it ended. You can see this moment at 1:25:00 in the following video:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:For those who didn't get to see the panel, after they played the trailer the camera went back onto the stage which was empty of all the cast that was there before and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) was standing there alone. The crowd erupted and in his best Palps voice said "roll it again" and they showed the trailer again.

That sounds awesome.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:For those who didn't get to see the panel, after they played the trailer the camera went back onto the stage which was empty of all the cast that was there before and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) was standing there alone. The crowd erupted and in his best Palps voice said "roll it again" and they showed the trailer again.

That sounds awesome.

You can see it in my post right above yours.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Ok I'm gonna nerd out a little bit.

We obviously don't really know anything yet. Lots to dissect in that trailer but gonna be a while before we get any real confirmations.

So it would seem that Palpatine is back in at least some capacity and I'm willing to bet that if that is the case that he was never really gone. Either he put Snoke in power to rule in his stead or Snoke "saved" him and kept him alive, Darth Plagueis or not, who knows. Either way, I'm pretty certain we'll finally know in some capacity the where, why & how Snoke came to lead the First Order.

Obviously this is even more ammo for those who believe that this entire sequel trilogy "shits" on the original trilogy (I've heard that exact phrase many times) and that it basically undoes everything that Han, Luke & Leia accomplished when they defeated the Empire in the OT.

BUT, if you think about it, in ESB Yoda told Luke that if he went to help his friends he would be destroying "all for which they have fought, and suffered." So at the end of RoTJ we are left with either accepting that Yoda was wrong OR we just haven't learned yet exactly what that all meant. Now, do I think that's what was originally meant by Yoda's words? I dunno, probably not. But it works.

To the title, The Rise of Skywalker, that could obviously mean any number of things. We know JJ likes to pose questions without ever really intending to answer them, but I don't think he can get away with that here. Many theorize a Kylo redemption, I kind of lean toward this right now. Others think it could be a reference to Luke sort of ascending to some sort of super saiyan Force ghost or something like that. Another theory is that Rey is going to start some sort of new Jedi Order but instead of using the term Jedi it'll be Skywalker. Like the Knights of Skywalker or something like that. Not my favorite theory but it could be interesting.

Some still cling to the idea that Rey is in fact a Skywalker, whether the daughter of Luke or Leia, or that she was somehow created by the Force (would be interesting to see how they'd make that work). I still think this is the most likely scenario, although I know they've been big on subverting expectations in these films, and rightfully so. Everybody thinks they know exactly what they want to see, but I don't know if you've ever seen a movie where you were accurately able to predict everything that happens, but it isn't really much fun for most people.

So is Palpatine really back? Did he survive the fall down the shaft and subsequent crash to whatever planet that is? Or are we going to get some sort of clone? Maybe he's been able to survive in the spirit realm and he's been able to inject his consciousness into other bodies to survive or something like that. Pretty popular theory based on stuff we know in both the canon and non-canon EU.

Either way, we're probably going to get some explanation on Snoke and how and why he came to lead the First Order, and we'll probably get some resolution as to who and/or why Rey is who she is and can do what she can do. I'm sure there will still be some unanswered questions, that's just the way this shit goes (especially with JJ at the helm). But the fact of the matter is that we're most likely going to get some or most of the info that people have be clamoring for, and a lot of the people who were all up in arms because we didn't get all of our questions answered in the second movie of a trilogy should probably feel pretty silly for getting all emotional about that.

Oh, and as to "Rey's parents":

Maybe?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• How could The Emporer have survived the explosion of the death star?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:How could The Emporer have survived the explosion of the death star?

He's Bernie, and indestructible. They keep dragging him to different warps..
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• fenderbender123 wrote:How could The Emporer have survived the explosion of the death star?

Dunno. Not sure that he did. Maul survived being cut in half and falling down a damn ventilation shaft by using the Force to keep himself alive. Considering Palpatine is quite a bit stronger in the Force than Maul it's possible they'll go that route.

Unless you're looking for an answer that fits our reality, in which case you're probably in the wrong thread.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:How could The Emporer have survived the explosion of the death star?

Dunno. Not sure that he did. Maul survived being cut in half and falling down a damn ventilation shaft by using the Force to keep himself alive. Considering Palpatine is quite a bit stronger in the Force than Maul it's possible they'll go that route.

Unless you're looking for an answer that fits our reality, in which case you're probably in the wrong thread.

I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer on Friday and immediately thought of how Maul survived according to Clone Wars. Considering how much more powerful Palps is than Maul, it made me wonder if he somehow sustained his body via the Force and lived or if he was able to have his soul/spirit live on through the Force similar to Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Has Palpatine also figured out a way to become "Immortal" with the Force? It would be interesting to see how this is possible and/or how it works. Do Jedis only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the light side of the Force? Would a Sith only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the dark side?

PS - I like that bit of investigating on the photos, Zeb. Definitely looks like it could be the same ship.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer on Friday and immediately thought of how Maul survived according to Clone Wars. Considering how much more powerful Palps is than Maul, it made me wonder if he somehow sustained his body via the Force and lived or if he was able to have his soul/spirit live on through the Force similar to Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Has Palpatine also figured out a way to become "Immortal" with the Force? It would be interesting to see how this is possible and/or how it works. Do Jedis only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the light side of the Force? Would a Sith only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the dark side?

PS - I like that bit of investigating on the photos, Zeb. Definitely looks like it could be the same ship.

I can't take credit for the photos, but it was definitely a good spot by somebody.

The farther away we get from last Friday, the less of a role I think Palpatine is going to play in the movie. Listening to other people's thoughts and theories has me thinking that this may be more marketing ploy than anything else. I don't think they can completely okie doke us, but it's possible that all we get from Palp is a voice in Kylo's head or something like that.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer on Friday and immediately thought of how Maul survived according to Clone Wars. Considering how much more powerful Palps is than Maul, it made me wonder if he somehow sustained his body via the Force and lived or if he was able to have his soul/spirit live on through the Force similar to Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Has Palpatine also figured out a way to become "Immortal" with the Force? It would be interesting to see how this is possible and/or how it works. Do Jedis only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the light side of the Force? Would a Sith only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the dark side?

I can't take credit for the photos, but it was definitely a good spot by somebody.

The farther away we get from last Friday, the less of a role I think Palpatine is going to play in the movie. Listening to other people's thoughts and theories has me thinking that this may be more marketing ploy than anything else. I don't think they can completely okie doke us, but it's possible that all we get from Palp is a voice in Kylo's head or something like that.

I could see that but I'd be surprised if it's a small part of the story or just a voice in Kylo's head. It makes me wonder if the ol' Rule of Two might be in play. Who knows.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer on Friday and immediately thought of how Maul survived according to Clone Wars. Considering how much more powerful Palps is than Maul, it made me wonder if he somehow sustained his body via the Force and lived or if he was able to have his soul/spirit live on through the Force similar to Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Has Palpatine also figured out a way to become "Immortal" with the Force? It would be interesting to see how this is possible and/or how it works. Do Jedis only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the light side of the Force? Would a Sith only have the ability to connect/talk to those with a connection with the dark side?

I could see that but I'd be surprised if it's a small part of the story or just a voice in Kylo's head. It makes me wonder if the ol' Rule of Two might be in play. Who knows.

There has been a lot of speculation that there'd be some reference(s) to the prequel trilogy, so this idea is definitely not too far fetched.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:That panel was great. Billy Dee killed it.

I'm trying to keep my hopes in check due to massive letdown from Episodes VII and VIII.

That tease about Palpatine, though...maybe, just maybe.....
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:That panel was great. Billy Dee killed it.

I'm trying to keep my hopes in check due to massive letdown from Episodes VII and VIII.

That tease about Palpatine, though...maybe, just maybe.....

Def keep the hopes in check. The likelihood of Palpatine actually being in the movie in any meaningful way, outside of a flashback or a Force dream, are pretty much slim to none. Good tease, though.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• I'm torn on Palpatine. While I think the laugh at the end and his appearance at the Star Wars Celebration (or whatever it was) was awesome, I'm not sure there's a story angle that works that doesn't totally ruin the originals.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Well, we've now got Yoda interfering in the development of the Jedi Order in enormous ways thanks to VIII (destroying things with lightning), so Palpatine being a Force ghost might not necessarily be "not meaningful".
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Well, we've now got Yoda interfering in the development of the Jedi Order in enormous ways thanks to VIII (destroying things with lightning), so Palpatine being a Force ghost might not necessarily be "not meaningful".

I just have my doubts.

I don't think burning down a tree is necessarily "enormous" but I know what you mean.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• The_Z_Man wrote:You don't want to know in what capacity Palp is in this film...

Because it's just LAME. I read the script... maybe there's an overhaul since, but omg....

If that script stays intact, then this movie may actually contend with Last Jedi and Attack of the Clones as the worst SW movie ever made.

Whatever you say, Traumahawk.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:You don't want to know in what capacity Palp is in this film...

Because it's just LAME. I read the script... maybe there's an overhaul since, but omg....

If that script stays intact, then this movie may actually contend with Last Jedi and Attack of the Clones as the worst SW movie ever made.

Whatever you say, Traumahawk.

"We already have a main villain, and his name is SNOKE!"

He read the script. :lol: :lol:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Last month, we finally got the first trailer and title for what we now know to be Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. We, the collective internet, have picked that footage apart limb from limb, and there has been a great deal of speculation as to what the title of the movie may actually mean. That's to be expected. However, thanks to a new, Polish version of the title that was recently revealed, we may have some new clues as to some possible plot details.

Warning: possible spoilers ahead for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Granted, much of this is going to be speculative. That said, the title is very real and if it just so happens to contain some spoilery stuff when we look back on this come December, I would hate to be responsible for having accidentally spoiled something for someone. That out of the way, a Twitter user, who happens to be Polish, recently posted this, which is pretty intriguing.

"So they finally revealed the title of episode IX in my language (polish). In direct translation it means 'Star Wars: Skywalker Resurrection.' I wonder if it has any hidden meaning behind."

https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-skywal ... ars-title/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• In an early draft of the script for Return of the Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi recorporealized to help Luke fight Vader. So there's that.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I swear, the second worst thing about Youtube is the materialization of thousands of millennials posting their stupid misleading talking-head speculation/breakdown videos, all done with the exact same voice cadence and pitch as the next, that don't contain an ounce of either new material or sensible theories on anything. It's not even just the old fat guys anymore. It's anyone under 40.

The very worst thing is that they get paid for it. Like, enough to make a living.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Spoiler: Mike Stoklas comes up with a theory that XI is going to be a (horrible) time traveling film. Given that JJ Abrams is a hack writer, I'm convinced Mike's right.

Edit: New D23 look shows a cut of the previous 8 films and there's a view of what might be the battle at the end of Episode II. As well as Rey in what's probably the cave in Dagobah. Yep, they're going back in time.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Rey with a double sided red lightsaber? I'm game.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• The trailer is 80%+ shots from previous movies. What the heck?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:The trailer is 80%+ shots from previous movies. What the heck?

It's not really a trailer. We'll get a real trailer in October.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:

Spoiler: Mike Stoklas comes up with a theory that XI is going to be a (horrible) time traveling film. Given that JJ Abrams is a hack writer, I'm convinced Mike's right.

Edit: New D23 look shows a cut of the previous 8 films and there's a view of what might be the battle at the end of Episode II. As well as Rey in what's probably the cave in Dagobah. Yep, they're going back in time.

Which shot is the Episode II one? I don't see it. Also, Rey appears to be inside a ship or building of some sort, not a cave. Although in all likelihood that's some sort of vision so she could really be anywhere, cave included.

I am starting to buy-in to the time travel theory though. At first I didn't think it was even plausible, but I'm starting to connect the dots in my head and it kind of makes sense. That first shot of the squad overlooking that valley or whatever looks a lot like one of the celebrations at the end of RoTJ special edition after the Death Star is destroyed. And considering we know we're seeing the fallen Death Star that could really tie into a time travel or vision of the past scenario. I could totally be misreading that clip though.

My personal feelings on a time travel story, it's not what I want. But I think the best way to go into this movie is without expectation or requirements, those are a recipe for disappointment. So I'm open to pretty much anything at this point, and just as long as it's executed properly, I'll be happy. I hope.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

Spoiler: Mike Stoklas comes up with a theory that XI is going to be a (horrible) time traveling film. Given that JJ Abrams is a hack writer, I'm convinced Mike's right.

Which shot is the Episode II one? I don't see it. Also, Rey appears to be inside a ship or building of some sort, not a cave. Although in all likelihood that's some sort of vision so she could really be anywhere, cave included.

I am starting to buy-in to the time travel theory though. At first I didn't think it was even plausible, but I'm starting to connect the dots in my head and it kind of makes sense. That first shot of the squad overlooking that valley or whatever looks a lot like one of the celebrations at the end of RoTJ special edition after the Death Star is destroyed. And considering we know we're seeing the fallen Death Star that could really tie into a time travel or vision of the past scenario. I could totally be misreading that clip though.

My personal feelings on a time travel story, it's not what I want. But I think the best way to go into this movie is without expectation or requirements, those are a recipe for disappointment. So I'm open to pretty much anything at this point, and just as long as it's executed properly, I'll be happy. I hope.

Was looking at the 1:16 mark. Zooming in, looks less a battle, but still, time travel. It's how JJ rebooted Star Trek; it's how he'll try to draw any drama out of the sequels.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Endgame just did time travel. It's not difficult to imagine that the great remaker, JJ Abrams, would follow suit.

Though there are actually ways to do time travel in Star Wars that would thrill the ever-loving betoodles out of the fans, and in fact society at large. Like going back and killing Jar-Jar. No annoying cartoon rabbit, and while you're at it, no Empire.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• They've done two things to set up time travel in Star Wars: they introduced "new" Force powers in TLJ, showing that pretty much anything is possible with the Force, not just telepathy and telekinesis.

Secondly, they introduced a "Force realm" in Rebels which allowed Ezra to revisit other points in time. (He even had some kind of Force contact with Palpatine, so that potentially opens the door for something like that.)

So even though it would kind of feel cheap and as though it kinda came out of nowhere if they do use time travel in RoS, they'll be able to point to precedent in the Star Wars canon.

And like you guys said, it's JJ, so it's not just possible, it's probable. Or as Thanos would say, inevitable.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:They've done two things to set up time travel in Star Wars: they introduced "new" Force powers in TLJ, showing that pretty much anything is possible with the Force, not just telepathy and telekinesis.

Secondly, they introduced a "Force realm" in Rebels which allowed Ezra to revisit other points in time. (He even had some kind of Force contact with Palpatine, so that potentially opens the door for something like that.)

So even though it would kind of feel cheap and as though it kinda came out of nowhere if they do use time travel in RoS, they'll be able to point to precedent in the Star Wars canon.

And like you guys said, it's JJ, so it's not just possible, it's probable. Or as Thanos would say, inevitable.

Man, I loved that part of Rebels and love that they've introduced new Force abilities since Disney took over.

Just waiting for the day we get to see Ezra again.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:They've done two things to set up time travel in Star Wars: they introduced "new" Force powers in TLJ, showing that pretty much anything is possible with the Force, not just telepathy and telekinesis.

Man, I loved that part of Rebels and love that they've introduced new Force abilities since Disney took over.

Just waiting for the day we get to see Ezra again.

I wonder where we'll see him again. I suppose the Obi Wan series, especially if Maul shows up, is the most plausible of all the confirmed projects. But I feel like we'll probably get a Ezra/Sabine/Thrawn animated series before too long.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information