Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:They've done two things to set up time travel in Star Wars: they introduced "new" Force powers in TLJ, showing that pretty much anything is possible with the Force, not just telepathy and telekinesis.

Secondly, they introduced a "Force realm" in Rebels which allowed Ezra to revisit other points in time. (He even had some kind of Force contact with Palpatine, so that potentially opens the door for something like that.)

So even though it would kind of feel cheap and as though it kinda came out of nowhere if they do use time travel in RoS, they'll be able to point to precedent in the Star Wars canon.

And like you guys said, it's JJ, so it's not just possible, it's probable. Or as Thanos would say, inevitable.

Man, I loved that part of Rebels and love that they've introduced new Force abilities since Disney took over.

Just waiting for the day we get to see Ezra again.

I wonder where we'll see him again. I suppose the Obi Wan series, especially if Maul shows up, is the most plausible of all the confirmed projects. But I feel like we'll probably get a Ezra/Sabine/Thrawn animated series before too long.

I would be rock hard if The Mandalorian ended up being about Ezra/Sabine post ROTJ. The main character himself being Ezra, Sabine being the leader of Mandalore.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiighly doubtful this will be the case though.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• You probably shouldn't admit to getting rock hard over cartoon characters. Just sayin'.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:You probably shouldn't admit to getting rock hard over cartoon characters. Just sayin'.

I'd have the erection if they're brought to live-action, not cartoons.

How dare you kink shame anyway.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:You probably shouldn't admit to getting rock hard over cartoon characters. Just sayin'.

Hey, if you say you get off to Japanimation, I won't judge. I've only seen some of Rebels, but I don't recall it being of the same quality of animation.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Sabine is hot as balls.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• HawkGA wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:You probably shouldn't admit to getting rock hard over cartoon characters. Just sayin'.

Hey, if you say you get off to Japanimation, I won't judge. I've only seen some of Rebels, but I don't recall it being of the same quality of animation.

lol no I have no interest in such things. Rule #34, I'm sure that 'quality' of animation is out there.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• So it seems to be all but confirmed that the final trailer will be released next Monday, the 21st, during MNF, with tickets going on sale to coincide.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Final trailer dropped.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Can't say it gets my excitement up, to be honest. I still bought my 5pm 12/19/19 ticket to see it, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• SCHWING
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Serendipitously being at Galaxy's Edge the same weekend this trailer dropped got me extra hype. Thanks for the waterworks, 3PO.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Can't say it gets my excitement up, to be honest. I still bought my 5pm 12/19/19 ticket to see it, though.

Yep, I'll definitely be seeing it (probably not as early as you) but my excitement level to do so is pretty low.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• This movie is probably going to feel a lot more like TFA than TLJ. I think it's going to be a superior movie to TFA though as far as the stakes and the story go. Not that I really trust JJ as a story teller, but I think in this situation he knows how important it is to get this one "right". Now whether that ends up happening, or is even possible, is obviously up the you.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:This movie is probably going to feel a lot more like TFA than TLJ. I think it's going to be a superior movie to TFA though as far as the stakes and the story go. Not that I really trust JJ as a story teller, but I think in this situation he knows how important it is to get this one "right". Now whether that ends up happening, or is even possible, is obviously up the you.

I'm just glad they dropped Colin Trevorrow before he could do to Star Wars what he did to Jurassic Park.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This movie is probably going to feel a lot more like TFA than TLJ. I think it's going to be a superior movie to TFA though as far as the stakes and the story go. Not that I really trust JJ as a story teller, but I think in this situation he knows how important it is to get this one "right". Now whether that ends up happening, or is even possible, is obviously up the you.

I'm just glad they dropped Colin Trevorrow before he could do to Star Wars what he did to Jurassic Park.

Haha yeah after a couple of years of being curious of what he would do, I'm pretty glad we'll never get to find out.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This movie is probably going to feel a lot more like TFA than TLJ. I think it's going to be a superior movie to TFA though as far as the stakes and the story go. Not that I really trust JJ as a story teller, but I think in this situation he knows how important it is to get this one "right". Now whether that ends up happening, or is even possible, is obviously up the you.

Haha yeah after a couple of years of being curious of what he would do, I'm pretty glad we'll never get to find out.

You ever hear about The Book of Henry? It's literally what got him fired.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:I know it's not technically related to Episode IX, but Benioff and Weiss are no longer making a new Star Wars trilogy:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-game-of-thrones-creator-trilogy-killed-1203386590/

I wonder what Kathleen Kennedy is going to replace them with.

So, Disney definitely kicked them to the curb right? Because there's no way they'd choose a Netflix partnership over A STAR WARS TRILOGY WITH DISNEY MONEY. They make it sound like they just don't have enough time to do both....?

Sad thing is they rushed to finish GOT because of wanting to work on Star Wars, even though HBO said they'd be completely fine paying more money for a full final season or more.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:
    Sad thing is they rushed to finish GOT because of wanting to work on Star Wars, even though HBO said they'd be completely fine paying more money for a full final season or more.

Do you have a link on that? I'd never heard that particular take on it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:

It is known, since they went off source material there was no excuse to not tie up story lines and questions, also the whole rushed aspect and making things happen like shooti8ng a flying dragon from an extreme distance to even the playing field out of no where.

They were really eyeballing the Star Wars thing like someone taking to much food on their plate or eyes bigger then their stomach approach.

They had the money, the support, the story, the viewers interest. I really think it came down to a bit of burn out and the chance to date a ten in the Movie arena versus the 10 they had already even though it was on HBO.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:

It is known, since they went off source material there was no excuse to not tie up story lines and questions, also the whole rushed aspect and making things happen like shooti8ng a flying dragon from an extreme distance to even the playing field out of no where.

They were really eyeballing the Star Wars thing like someone taking to much food on their plate or eyes bigger then their stomach approach.

They had the money, the support, the story, the viewers interest. I really think it came down to a bit of burn out and the chance to date a ten in the Movie arena versus the 10 they had already even though it was on HBO.

I guess I just feel like whatever happened here was probably much less about B&W "hurrying" to finish Thrones so they could move on to do Star Wars than it was about them exploring their options when they figured out that Thrones was going to be ending prematurely because they'd run short on source material (likely as far back as season 3 or 4 when they realized that Martin wasn't going to have another book out in time). Why would HBO let them "tank" the biggest show they ever had if they weren't ready for it to end? What's to stop them from bringing in somebody else as showrunner? As was mentioned they had the money and apparently the desire, they have George Martin... How, at this point, were B&W vital to the show? They could have hired just about anybody they wanted to come in and give things a proper finish. I just don't really get it and wish there was more info out there to help fill in the blanks and make this make more sense than it does.

I could be totally wrong and you guys could be totally right, I just would like to see more information than I have. I read the Variety article from 2016 that I think most people got their info on the situation from. I just want to know if there's more out there that is more specific to the claims people make. I'm not saying there isn't, I'm saying I would like to see it if there is.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Previous

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information