Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Still waiting for the closing zinger though, one saying she got laid in the back seat of that Studebaker by him only to have the other say but he laid me in the Hayloft.

You slept with Chook Chutney.

There was a time I didn't even get names some nights, or maybe remember them, it was the 70's and 80's.

Ok player!

No, Man who**...…..

It wasn't about romance on either side many times.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I have to admit, this thread took an interesting turn.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I have to admit, this thread took an interesting turn.

Back on topic, it's your fault you brought $ex into it :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I have to admit, this thread took an interesting turn.

Personally, I like how you as a mod steer me back on topic when you don't like something I say that is off-topic, but others do it freely as long as they're not stepping on your opinions.

But hey, I've long known hypocrisy is one of the most dominant human traits.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• chris98251 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I have to admit, this thread took an interesting turn.

Back on topic, it's your fault you brought $ex into it :)

Well, technically you did that.

Speaking of, do you guys think Star Wars would be better with a little bit of sexy time in it? I don't but I'm curious how others feel.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:You two are like a couple of 90+ year old sisters sitting in the old farts home arguing about boy from 80 years ago.

Still waiting for the closing zinger though, one saying she got laid in the back seat of that Studebaker by him only to have the other say but he laid me in the Hayloft.

You slept with Chook Chutney.

Proof Zeb was referring to sleeping partners.

As far as $ex in Star Wars, skin on skin or skin on droids, you need specifics here. Thinking it would be more like the 5th Element though.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I was quoting a movie. You were talking about old birds getting laid in a Studebaker? Either way I'll allow it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• I did not go thru the whole thread because I dont wanna. But I did watch the movie for the first time today very hungover. It was interesting and I will watch it again in the next few days. I missed some of the things that peaked my interest. I shall purchase it to go with the series. It was good.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:I did not go thru the whole thread because I dont wanna. But I did watch the movie for the first time today very hungover. It was interesting and I will watch it again in the next few days. I missed some of the things that peaked my interest. I shall purchase it to go with the series. It was good.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• The sequel trilogy is to the Star Wars saga what Teen Wolf 2 was to Teen Wolf. A poor copy and paste reprint. Not the continuation of a story line.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:The sequel trilogy is to the Star Wars saga what Teen Wolf 2 was to Teen Wolf. A poor copy and paste reprint. Not the continuation of a story line.

Yoda: "listen Luke, it doesn't matter how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose. And even that doesn't make all that much difference."
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• I personally hope we get a movie about how Rey tried to start a new Jedi order and one of her students, who turns out to be the illegitimate daughter of Ben Solo, turns against her and turns to the dark side of the Force and tries to bring back the Sith. Meanwhile, Rey's son (who she stashed on a dessert planet to hide him before she banished herself to a remote planet) discovers he has Force powers and is unwittingly thrown into an epic battle of good and evil. Aliens, droids, lightsabers, the whole nine. They could do a whole trilogy about it, really.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I personally hope we get a movie about how Rey tried to start a new Jedi order and one of her students, who turns out to be the illegitimate daughter of Ben Solo, turns against her and turns to the dark side of the Force and tries to bring back the Sith. Meanwhile, Rey's son (who she stashed on a dessert planet to hide him before she banished herself to a remote planet) discovers he has Force powers and is unwittingly thrown into an epic battle of good and evil. Aliens, droids, lightsabers, the whole nine. They could do a whole trilogy about it, really.

You are a sick :twisted: human. I do understand tho. Watched it again today. It was absolutely fantastic. I am still trying to get all the roles correct. I was hungover yesterday...not today..but still need to get all the picture and GAME together. The whole picture, not the prelude and the serial, but the whole canvas on paint. Such is fantastic on the realm in this world.

Twas a great picture. I still need to finish. I think I have the time.

To all the others ......Happy New Year.....OR NOT. KMA.

KMA not to Sir Dak.....er uh...sorry General Dak. 8)
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Happy new year! The sequels are exponentially and inarguably better than the prequels in every way and from every perspective!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Happy new year! The sequels are exponentially and inarguably better than the prequels in every way and from every perspective!!

Merry Trollmas to you as well, Zeb. I'm half-expecting flowers to be delivered with all the flattering attention I've been getting from you lately.

:179417:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Happy new year! The sequels are exponentially and inarguably better than the prequels in every way and from every perspective!!

That's like saying jarred spaghetti sauce is better than chef boy-r-dee.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Happy new year! The sequels are exponentially and inarguably better than the prequels in every way and from every perspective!!

That's like saying Jar-Jarred spaghetti sauce is better than chef boy-r-dee.

FIFY. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Happy new year! The sequels are exponentially and inarguably better than the prequels in every way and from every perspective!!

That's like saying Jar-Jarred spaghetti sauce is better than chef boy-r-dee.

FIFY. :twisted:

LOL..........well played, well played.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:

Many, many apt analogies.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:

Chef Boyardee is gross. There are at least decent jarred spaghetti sauces. And to hear Roland tell it, Chef Boyardee is apparently sprinkled with black truffles.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Chef Boyardee is gross. There are at least decent jarred spaghetti sauces. And to hear Roland tell it, Chef Boyardee is apparently sprinkled with black truffles.

That's my point, the sequels are decent, and the prequels are dog crap.

I mean if we're being honest, the sequels are more of a reboot then sequels. Or both. It's the same story as the originals.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Maulbert wrote:And to hear Roland tell it, Chef Boyardee is apparently sprinkled with black truffles.

To hear you tell it, the new trilogy is sprinkled with black truffles, white truffles, and authentic Kobe steak.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

That's my point, the sequels are decent, and the prequels are dog crap.

I mean if we're being honest, the sequels are more of a reboot then sequels. Or both. It's the same story as the originals.

Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:And to hear Roland tell it, Chef Boyardee is apparently sprinkled with black truffles.

To hear you tell it, the new trilogy is sprinkled with black truffles, white truffles, and authentic Kobe steak.

You are so desperate to be right, it's pathetic. Grow up.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:The sequel trilogy is to the Star Wars saga what Teen Wolf 2 was to Teen Wolf. A poor copy and paste reprint. Not the continuation of a story line.

Yoda: "listen Luke, it doesn't matter how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose. And even that doesn't make all that much difference."

Random note: I was watching a show or movie one time and recognized the coach. I was astounded at my ability to pick that out but for a lot of other things that are much more important, I can't remember $h!t.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Maulbert wrote:You are so desperate to be right, it's pathetic. Grow up.

You taunted me specifically to elicit a response, who's the one that needs to grow up? I've been staying out of this stupid debate for several days now.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:You are so desperate to be right, it's pathetic. Grow up.

You taunted me specifically to elicit a response, who's the one that needs to grow up? I've been staying out of this stupid debate for several days now.

You were attacking Zeb's and my OPINIONS with lies to prove something you couldn't just because you wanted to win an internet argument that didn't exist. You are ALWAYS desperate to be right. It's why you can't help being a grammar naz**. You are free to ignore me, but YOU fired the first shots. I didn't try to prove why your OPINION was wrong. That was you. So if you can't take it, don't dish it out.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:You are so desperate to be right, it's pathetic. Grow up.

You were attacking Zeb's and my OPINIONS with lies to prove something you couldn't just because you wanted to win an internet argument that didn't exist. You are ALWAYS desperate to be right. It's why you can't help being a grammar naz**. You are free to ignore me, but YOU fired the first shots. I didn't try to prove why your OPINION was wrong. That was you. So if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Dude, you can literally watch Zeb's opinion change after he saw it the first time through now. He convinces himself he likes it more with each viewing. Tell you what, if you go to a steakhouse and think the steak is mediocre, and then keep going over and over because you like steak, it's far from unlikely that you'll wind up making yourself acclimated to it and thinking it's better because you like steak.

I didn't lie. If you want to be so butt-hurt over opinions on this ridiculous trilogy, continue to be so. I couldn't care less. Some people want these films to be good so desperately, they more or less ignore tons of ridiculous flaws. Palpatine's character "arc" in Episode IX is so far beyond ridiculous and poorly written, it's less believable than a Dr. Seuss book. The plot armor of a central point of failure for thousands of Star Destroyers is absolutely absurd. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

I've admitted in horror film threads that I love the genre, and some of my favorite horror films are bad films but I love them anyways for various reasons. Some examples of those would be Alien 4, Freddy vs. Jason, and Maximum Overdrive come to mind. I don't get why admitting that something isn't good, but still loving it, is so impossible. Anybody in the world can objectively demonstrate that those three films are bad, or mediocre at BEST and I'm totally ok with that...while still enjoying them, a lot. However, anyone who says the new Star Wars films are not good and points out things in them as to why gets lambasted to hell and back.

Continue onward though, the new trilogy's awesome and all is right in the world, blah blah.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• so many lies, my goodness.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:so many lies, my goodness.

Oh, but of course.

*clears throat*

Ahem. Episode IX is a master class in filmmaking, and I'm personally offended that it won't clear the $10,000,000,000 mark at the box office in its first month.

Is that better?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Better? I dunno. Weirder? For sure.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:so many lies, my goodness.

Oh, but of course.

*clears throat*

Ahem. Episode IX is a master class in filmmaking, and I'm personally offended that it won't clear the $10,000,000,000 mark at the box office in its first month.

Is that better?

Bold. I'd NEVER say that.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:so many lies, my goodness.

Oh, but of course.

*clears throat*

Is that better?

Bold. I'd NEVER say that.

Imagine needing to prove your point so badly that you state it over and over again day after day even though literally nobody is arguing against it. :laugh:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:magine needing to prove your point so badly that you state it over and over again day after day even though literally nobody is arguing against it. :laugh:

Says someone who keeps trying to hype up all the great things in this film day after day after day. How many times have you brought up something you like in this film since it came out in this thread now?

But sure, just rag on me and remain secure in your knowledge.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• :hmmmm:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:magine needing to prove your point so badly that you state it over and over again day after day even though literally nobody is arguing against it. :laugh:

Says someone who keeps trying to hype up all the great things in this film day after day after day. How many times have you brought up something you like in this film since it came out in this thread now?

But sure, just rag on me and remain secure in your knowledge.

Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Finally saw it. Went in with lowered expectations, and I enjoyed it. The first half is overstuffed because they didn't plan ahead. Not having a blueprint hurt this more than anything else. The cast did a fine job with what they had, though. The acting was much better in all 3 sequels than basically anything in the prequel trilogy that didn't come from Ewan McGregor or Liam Neeson. And if Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansen had an ounce of the screen chemistry Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver had, Attack of the Clones might have been bearable. I'd put this between Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, closer to RotS's level. It's definitely better than either The Phantom Menace or AotC. It might be a better Star Wars movie than The Last Jedi, but definitely NOT a better movie. 6/10.

This is pretty close to how I feel about it. Like, I think the major plot points are good, I think pretty much all the performances were good, I think it was funny and there's some good action and adventure in there, somehow there's just something missing. It feels both forced and rushed at the same time. Rey's arc in a vacuum is probably the only purely satisfying part of this movie to me. Kylo's too, I suppose.

I'm not one of those jackoffs who will go out and actively campaign against it or tell people they're idiots if they love it or if it's their favorite of the saga. I just don't think I'll ever feel the connection to it that I do to TLJ or even TFA. It's better than RoTS but I don't know if I'd put it above Solo as far as pure enjoyability. And I'll always wonder what Rian Johnson's version would have looked like because IMO TLJ goes down as the obvious best of series and probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite of the saga.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Look at all that blind, unwarranted praise! Guys like you and me just lack the ability to be objective, Maul. :rofl:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Look at all that blind, unwarranted praise! Guys like you and me just lack the ability to be objective, Maul. :rofl:

Yup. We're just so biased, and can't admit flaws exist in a movie we like.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Hey as long as we just ignore the contrary opinions you've expressed to that as well throughout the past couple weeks, then I'm happy. I wouldn't want Maulbert's cherry picking of quotes to get in the way.

Whatever it takes to please you, baby. Now that you're posting like three times more than you ever have before since you became a mod, I certainly don't want to earn your ire.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• :thcoffee:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Hey as long as we just ignore the contrary opinions you've expressed to that as well throughout the past couple weeks, then I'm happy. I wouldn't want Maulbert's cherry picking of quotes to get in the way.

Whatever it takes to please you, baby. Now that you're posting like three times more than you ever have before since you became a mod, I certainly don't want to earn your ire.

Jesus Christ. You're denser than Osmium. You claim neither have us have criticized the movie, but when presented evidence, you toss it aside as unreliable without any reasoning, and claim evidence otherwise exists without proof.

You're spinning harder than Marv did in 2015.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Jesus Christ. You're denser than Osmium. You claim neither have us have criticized the movie, but when presented evidence, you toss it aside as unreliable without any reasoning, and claim evidence otherwise exists without proof.

The proof's in this very thread, ya clown. Go read the first few replies of Zeb starting on opening night. As I just said earlier, you can watch his opinion change and vary about the film over the past couple weeks in here.

You can believe what you want to believe, I don't care. It's human nature.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Jesus Christ. You're denser than Osmium. You claim neither have us have criticized the movie, but when presented evidence, you toss it aside as unreliable without any reasoning, and claim evidence otherwise exists without proof.

The proof's in this very thread, ya clown. Go read the first few replies of Zeb starting on opening night. As I just said earlier, you can watch his opinion change and vary about the film over the past couple weeks in here.

You can believe what you want to believe, I don't care. It's human nature.

:shock:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Looks like I've got a stalker! Hahahaha.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:My opinion will change over the next couple times I watch it, just like it did with TFA & TLJ.

BuT wAtCh HiS oPiNiOn ChAnGe!

Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:My opinion will change over the next couple times I watch it, just like it did with TFA & TLJ.

BuT wAtCh HiS oPiNiOn ChAnGe!

It is UTTERLY ASTOUNDING to me that he tried to accuse us of only seeing what we want OUT OF OUR OWN POSTS POSITING OUR OWN OPINIONS when he steadfastly refuses to take us at our words and only INFERS what he wants out of them, claiming WE refuse to accept reality. He really, truly believes he knows us better than we know ourselves.

I'm stunned at the bloviating arrogance on display.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• You and I watched the movie mostly objectively, with a touch of bias for the love of the franchise, and both have mixed feelings about it (not saying we agree 100% either, but we're not total douche bags so we let each other live). The fact that we don't feel how he expected us to is driving him crazy so he's just pretending we're not being honest. But it's his M.O. so it shouldn't be surprising.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/releasethejjcut-hashtag-trends-amid-rumors-about-different-version-new-star-n1109616

This is fun. What if there's like a 3 hour extended edition?? Haha I doubt it but it would be interesting.

Could be interesting, but I doubt it's anything major or likely to help. I don't think there's a whole lot left out that JJ wanted in, outside of if he'd actually been able to make the movie with Carrie Fisher.

Honestly, if anyone thinks the Harrison Ford scene wasn't a band-aid on the film because she had passed, they're a fool.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/releasethejjcut-hashtag-trends-amid-rumors-about-different-version-new-star-n1109616

This is fun. What if there's like a 3 hour extended edition?? Haha I doubt it but it would be interesting.

Could be interesting, but I doubt it's anything major or likely to help. I don't think there's a whole lot left out that JJ wanted in, outside of if he'd actually been able to make the movie with Carrie Fisher.

Honestly, if anyone thinks the Harrison Ford scene wasn't a band-aid on the film because she had passed, they're a fool.

Totally.

I do think this movie could benefit from a little bit of a slow down though, so maybe the extended version could help some.

Worst case scenario: more Rose!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information