Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Spoiler Free)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ant-Man and the Wasp (Spoiler Free)
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 am
  • Saw this last night. First, I'm going to say, you'll enjoy this film more if you go in expecting a comedy rather than a superhero film. Right off the bat, this movie is clearly Marvel counter-programming themselves, this is FAR lighter fare than their previous two film, which dealt with both heavier themes (Black Panther) and darker material (Avengers: Infinity War), and while I loved Infinity War, this was a nice light-hearted romp that I thoroughly enjoyed. The film is very low-stakes, and I appreciate that. In addition to Evangeline Lilly getting her turn in the spotlight, I thought it was nice that both Michael Douglas and Michael Peña get in on the action this time around.

So I will make this abundantly clear before I give my rating: this film is fluff. It's fun, and I don't doubt people won't like it simply because it is so light. I went in expecting this, which made me enjoy this film more. If you go in expecting Infinity War or Black Panther, you'll be disappointed, but this film sets the bar low, and succeeds massively on hitting it's target, and for that reason, I give it 8/10.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp (Spoiler Free)
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 am
  • I really enjoyed it, some pretty funny moments. Definitely got a nice boost in CGI compared to the first film too. A needed break in the Marvel world from planet destroying aliens.

Also a cool moment in the first midcredits scene, be interesting to see how he gets involved with Infinity War 2.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:58 pm
  • I loved this movie. It was really funny, and showed you can make a really good Marvel movie without the fate of the entire world hanging in the balance. I thought they would do the typical sequel thing and over do Michael Pena's part in this one, but they didn't - he was great. Probably go see it again, this time in 3D. Was much better than Deadpool 2 or Infinity War - although I really liked the tie-in in this with IW. 9/10 for me.
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 pm
  • The first Ant Man was also in this style, so I doubt anyone's going in thinking it's the next Black Panther.

Paul Rudd is about the most likable actor going today, so I have no doubt Ant Man and the Wasp is the same as the first........fun, and that's just fine.

I actually like that Marvel is mixing in lighter more fun series like Ant Man, Spiderman and Thor in their stable of movies. GREATLY helps any superhero fatigue.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 am
  • I saw it and really liked it. Like every superhero movie there are some problems with timelines, logic, following the source material, etc. but I thought it was as good or maybe even better than the first one. I was really hoping they wouldn't go overboard with stuff like "hey, look... a giant Thomas the Tank" and thankfully they kept those gags to a minimum.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The first Ant Man was also in this style, so I doubt anyone's going in thinking it's the next Black Panther.

Paul Rudd is about the most likable actor going today, so I have no doubt Ant Man and the Wasp is the same as the first........fun, and that's just fine.

I actually like that Marvel is mixing in lighter more fun series like Ant Man, Spiderman and Thor in their stable of movies. GREATLY helps any superhero fatigue.

GotG was hilarious as well, the Jackson Pollock line had me crying in the first one.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Paul Rudd is about the most likable actor going today....

I see your Paul Rudd and raise you one Jason Bateman. :)

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm
  • Enjoyable flick! Great entertainment. The Movie didn’t take it self too seriously.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:33 pm
  • It follows Deadpools humor line but less harsh, not as forced as the Spiderman type humor either. In the Comics Spidey was sarcastic and made fun of his advisory's a lot, but some of the delivery isn't there at times.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm
  • I liked it, but not as much as the first one. It was a good movie to take my sons to see. For the most part a good sequel. I enjoy Michael Pena’s character and I was pleased to see he played a larger role. The first end credits scene was a little surprising and I wonder how Ant Man’s character will change as a result, if at all.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm
  • Missed the first one, might pick up the second at the cheap theaters.

Way behind on movies.

Still haven't even seen Black Panther all the way through, or managed to grab a ticket for Ready Player One.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:46 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Missed the first one, might pick up the second at the cheap theaters.

Way behind on movies.

Still haven't even seen Black Panther all the way through, or managed to grab a ticket for Ready Player One.

Black Panther is already on video, Ready Player One is out on digital while the blu-ray will be out next Tuesday.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:46 pm
  • I enjoyed it. Good humor, funny action. I would have a hard time saying if the first or second is better. I would be tempted to say the second but that might just be the newness talking.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information