Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Owning Fox gives Disney all of these entertainment assets:

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • :3-1:

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• And a lot more than that. IMO Disney needed this to make their streaming service work. To compete with Netflix, Amazon & Hulu, and possibly surpass them.

I don't know if this is ultimately good or bad for entertainment, but I'm definitely excited to watch it happen haha.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Anyone with that much control will screw things up, they already have Star Wars and now Avengers and X men are on the radar.

They were and are great at what they were good at, if they try to remake the image of these other franchises in their own it will most likely turn out bad.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Zebulon Dak wrote:And a lot more than that. IMO Disney needed this to make their streaming service work. To compete with Netflix, Amazon & Hulu, and possibly surpass them.

I don't know if this is ultimately good or bad for entertainment, but I'm definitely excited to watch it happen haha.

They'll now own 60% of Hulu, too. It may well not last much longer.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Anyone with that much control will screw things up, they already have Star Wars and now Avengers and X men are on the radar.

They were and are great at what they were good at, if they try to remake the image of these other franchises in their own it will most likely turn out bad.

:sarcasm_on: Because, yeah, they've TOTALLY messed up The Avengers. :sarcasm_off:
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:And a lot more than that. IMO Disney needed this to make their streaming service work. To compete with Netflix, Amazon & Hulu, and possibly surpass them.

They'll now own 60% of Hulu, too. It may well not last much longer.

Yes. That's right. I always forget that. Do you think they'll keep Hulu around as a secondary product somehow? Or do you think they'll absorb it and just rebrand it as the new streaming service? Or just shut Hulu down altogether and go with the new shit?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• I hope they roll Hulu and DisneyFlix or whatever it's going to be called into one service.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• My guess is they will keep them separate. Hulu may be the Tombstone to the Dizzyflix of Dizzy. Remember that Tombstone productions was Disney's side of the harsher programming movies. It was a way for them to capitolize on harsher not family friendly programming while maintaining their innocence Disney forum. They could put Hulu as their R rated or worse. Just random thoughts. Dizzyflix could be for the kids too.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Anyone with that much control will screw things up, they already have Star Wars and now Avengers and X men are on the radar.

:sarcasm_on: Because, yeah, they've TOTALLY messed up The Avengers. :sarcasm_off:

Disney has done a great job with Marvel but based on Star Wars, I suspect that has more to do with Marvel than Disney in general. I'm excited for Disney to get X-Men but I don't really care about the rest.

But I do suspect we are nearing peak Disney and it will largely be downhill from here.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:My guess is they will keep them separate. Hulu may be the Tombstone to the Dizzyflix of Dizzy. Remember that Tombstone productions was Disney's side of the harsher programming movies. It was a way for them to capitolize on harsher not family friendly programming while maintaining their innocence Disney forum. They could put Hulu as their R rated or worse. Just random thoughts. Dizzyflix could be for the kids too.

I actually think that makes a lot of sense. If not, they'll definitely have to have a pretty secure parental feature within the app. Might just be easier to keep 'em separated.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:My guess is they will keep them separate. Hulu may be the Tombstone to the Dizzyflix of Dizzy. Remember that Tombstone productions was Disney's side of the harsher programming movies. It was a way for them to capitolize on harsher not family friendly programming while maintaining their innocence Disney forum. They could put Hulu as their R rated or worse. Just random thoughts. Dizzyflix could be for the kids too.

I actually think that makes a lot of sense. If not, they'll definitely have to have a pretty secure parental feature within the app. Might just be easier to keep 'em separated.

It makes sense for a lot of reasons, but IMO the main one will be that they'll be able to double-dip in the streaming market. Have some content still accessible via Hulu, have some content accessible via Dizzyflix (I like this temp. name btw lol), the people who can pay for both will and the folks who can't will hopefully choose one or the other. It's always great for a company to "compete with themselves" in markets and this would allow them to do it.

It's similar to what Whirlpool Corporation does with appliances. They own a bevy of appliance brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana. So you don't like Whirlpool? Check out this Maytag. Want something a little nicer than the Maytag? Check out this KitchenAid - and on and on. Offering 1/5th of the market/industry's options is a lot better than 1/10th, etc.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:My guess is they will keep them separate. Hulu may be the Tombstone to the Dizzyflix of Dizzy. Remember that Tombstone productions was Disney's side of the harsher programming movies. It was a way for them to capitolize on harsher not family friendly programming while maintaining their innocence Disney forum. They could put Hulu as their R rated or worse. Just random thoughts. Dizzyflix could be for the kids too.

It makes sense for a lot of reasons, but IMO the main one will be that they'll be able to double-dip in the streaming market. Have some content still accessible via Hulu, have some content accessible via Dizzyflix (I like this temp. name btw lol), the people who can pay for both will and the folks who can't will hopefully choose one or the other. It's always great for a company to "compete with themselves" in markets and this would allow them to do it.

It's similar to what Whirlpool Corporation does with appliances. They own a bevy of appliance brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana. So you don't like Whirlpool? Check out this Maytag. Want something a little nicer than the Maytag? Check out this KitchenAid - and on and on. Offering 1/5th of the market/industry's options is a lot better than 1/10th, etc.

Great point. And I think that fact that Hulu is already so established and successful will only increase the chances of the 2 streaming services remaining separate from each other.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information