Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Blue Angels and Seafair

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Blue Angels and Seafair
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:31 pm
  • I am such a fanboy it's almost embarrassing. One of my most favorite times of the year (besides Seahawks football) is the Blue Angels arriving for Seafair. Besides the fact I love the F/A-18 Hornet, their skill is wonderful to watch. I think a ton of people take this for granted (or even hate their presence due to the noise) but not me. STUDS!

I am also pleasantly pleased to announce that KING 5 has agreed to pick up TV coverage on Seafair Sunday. When KIRO dropped their annual coverage of Seafair two years back I was crushed. Seafair is one of our major institutions. It's part of the fabric of our local heritage. Long live Seafair! Long live the Blue Angels!

https://komonews.com/news/local/blue-an ... ay-morning

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Blue Angels and Seafair
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:30 pm
  • Aros wrote:I am such a fanboy it's almost embarrassing. One of my most favorite times of the year (besides Seahawks football) is the Blue Angels arriving for Seafair. Besides the fact I love the F/A-18 Hornet, their skill is wonderful to watch. I think a ton of people take this for granted (or even hate their presence due to the noise) but not me. STUDS!

I am also pleasantly pleased to announce that KING 5 has agreed to pick up TV coverage on Seafair Sunday. When KIRO dropped their annual coverage of Seafair two years back I was crushed. Seafair is one of our major institutions. It's part of the fabric of our local heritage. Long live Seafair! Long live the Blue Angels!

https://komonews.com/news/local/blue-an ... ay-morning

Nice, I hadn’t heard that KING picked it up. Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch, as I’ll be out of town.

Edit: looks like KING will be broadcasting from 3-6pm on Sunday. Better than nothing.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:19 pm
  • It will be on KONG TV locally from 3-6pm PST for those who are interested.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 pm
  • Haha...you have one station "KING" and another one "KONG"?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:49 pm
  • Yeah that is kinda funny actually.

Me and my buddy went on Friday...It's kind of become our annual tradition in recent years. We have found a nice restaurant just north of Genessee Park that is perfect. We sat outside, right by the water, with an unobstructed view of the airshow and Blue's. Food is terrific...The scenery is splendid. Just fantastic. After the Blue's were over, we drove down to Genessee Park and found a parking spot. Tickets are $10 bucks to get in now (It was free before this year that we recall) but there's tons of food, entertainment...People watching is always part of the price of admission to stuff like this.

Weather was perfect. Watched the old Pay N Pak and Atlas Van Lines take a few laps around the course which was a major treat for that 12-year-old still in me.

Just finished the recording of KONG's coverage. I am so happy a local station is picking it up where KIRO left off. I was seriously depressed when KIRO stopped the broadcast. I know hydros and the Blue's and Seafair isn't for everyone, especially non-locals but for me it's one of the greatest institutions of Seattle and where I grew up.

Go Hawks! Go Seafair!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 pm

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:58 pm
  • very cool !!! being ex Air Force I obviously prefer the Thunderbirds :D and of course they fly a superior aircraft , but hey its still cool :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm
  • Back in 77 or 78, I attended the Flightfest at Paine Field. Had the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Snowbirds and Frecce Tricolori. Extremely awesome. :2thumbs:

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm
  • The photos of the Blues next to the Space Needle is STUNNING!!!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:very cool !!! being ex Air Force I obviously prefer the Thunderbirds :D and of course they fly a superior aircraft , but hey its still cool :D

LOL! Hey man, I get it...The loyalty and allegiance to your branch is real! Nothing will ever change that. I look at it like being an NFL fan second, and a Seahawks fan first. LOYALTY! LOL!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:43 pm
  • Can't forget Fat Albert making her comeback after a year off for safety grounding.

Credit to this user.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:50 pm
  • “These planes are kind of like a pickup truck,” said Montgomery, who pilots Fat Albert as it travels from air show to air show. “They do everything, and they’re very reliable.”

That’s not to say they’re always trouble-free: Unfortunately, Fat Albert was grounded along with most of the rest of the Navy and Marine C-130 fleets last year in the wake of a fatal KC-130T crash over Mississippi. Inspectors identified a propeller problem that took nearly a year to repair throughout the fleets. The fixed-up Fat Albert finally returned to the skies in July.

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/brace-lou ... -air-show/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 am
  • I just love those shots.

Some more great shots:

https://komonews.com/weather/komoloz/ph ... or-seafair

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 pm
  • Check this out...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:very cool !!! being ex Air Force I obviously prefer the Thunderbirds :D and of course they fly a superior aircraft , but hey its still cool :D

You should see the Australian Army Abrams battle tanks display team - they put wings on them and do aerobatic routines at the Oodnadatta airshow, which is held every 100 years. I also nearly got attacked by a drop-bear last time I went. :)

Seriously, I'd LOVE to be in Seattle for Seafair! Love airplanes, and love racing speedboats. Haven't seen The Roulettes (The RAAF display team) for 10 years, at a boat racing meet in Mildura, Victoria.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information