Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kevin Spacey's new film grosses $126 on opening day

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I have never heard of anything like this. $126 million?

Nope. $126 bucks. Dollars. Daaaaamn.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Not even playing where I live. No budget or support for the movie? Other talent unwilling to work with him?

Personally, I can separate an entertainer from their personal life. Maybe he has issues he needs to sort out (nothing has been proven AFAIK). Sure. But why do I have to suffer by not being able to see epic movies and TV shows that he could have starred in? Makes no sense to punish ourselves. Maybe there's reasons why he's not fun to work with on the sets, which is legit, but you have to think a lot of this is tied to people who are refusing to watch anything with him in it due to the rumors they heard on the internet that got popular and that that's the driving force behind all this.

It's like refusing to go to McDonald's because I found out that one guy who works at the cashier is a convicted felon. Why would I do that if I enjoy their Big Macs (with a shot of Monarch Whiskey of course)? The guy is working and providing a service to society. Don't shun him by telling the manager you refuse to eat there as long as he works there. It isn't going to fix the problem. At all. And like I said, I am only punishing myself because now I can't enjoy Big Macs (with a shot of Monarch Whiskey, of course).

But that's just the thing...even though it's pretty much the exact same thing, nobody goes out of their way to research the kind of people working at McDonald's. Yet, they suddenly care when it's a specific type of employee making a movie. Why does it matter if a star actor has a shady history? I'll be all these people boycotting him have all watched TV shows and movies where crew members such as key grip and cameramen have done shady stuff in their past...but nobody cares about them just because you can't see them? That's silly.

Anyway, I'm just ranting and throwing stuff out there because Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Personally, I could give a rip what the narrative is on someone. If I like their talent I will watch it, period. This movie is no different. We do have such a Lemming society in general. Movements start, gain momentum and then it just gets beyond stupid, really.

I still enjoy Kevin Spacey the ACTOR. What he has done or not done behind closed doors is not my business. Of course if he has committed a crime then he should pay for his actions just like anyone should. But to shun a movie or person for alleged acts that occurred decades ago? Silly.

$126 dollars. Think about that.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• This is a blacklisting, the guy is a great actor, this won't be the first or last, the social media campaign to smear people is going to continue regardless of warrant, I thought that was why we have a court system to judge and level punitive and punishment decisions.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The guy is a predatory pedophile. Convicted? No. But, where there is smoke, there is fire. There are over a dozen allegations. I hope he goes broke.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Regardless of warrant? As I recall he admitted it so I would say any criticisms would be warranted.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• WmHBonney wrote:The guy is a predatory pedophile. Convicted? No. But, where there is smoke, there is fire. There are over a dozen allegations. I hope he goes broke.

He never admitted anything other than the possibility he might have done something when he was drunk a long time ago.

And i understand why people would not like him but what do you expect to accomplish by making him go broke? It's not going to deter that kind of behavior and it prevents him from sharing his talent with the world for millions to enjoy.

Oh yeah, and the guy that accused him was 14 at the time of the alleged incident. That doesn't make him a pedophile. That's the wrong term by all literary and scientific accounts. There is a huge difference in somebody who is attracted to pre pubescent children vs teenagers.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• WmHBonney wrote:The guy is a predatory pedophile. Convicted? No. But, where there is smoke, there is fire. There are over a dozen allegations. I hope he goes broke.

Exactly
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:The guy is a predatory pedophile. Convicted? No. But, where there is smoke, there is fire. There are over a dozen allegations. I hope he goes broke.

He never admitted anything other than the possibility he might have done something when he was drunk a long time ago.

And i understand why people would not like him but what do you expect to accomplish by making him go broke? It's not going to deter that kind of behavior and it prevents him from sharing his talent with the world for millions to enjoy.

Oh yeah, and the guy that accused him was 14 at the time of the alleged incident. That doesn't make him a pedophile. That's the wrong term by all literary and scientific accounts. There is a huge difference in somebody who is attracted to pre pubescent children vs teenagers.

Obviously millions do not want to "enjoy the work" of someone who was abusive on set and in his personal life.

And it's not one incident. If you're going to play the part, atleast do a fair bit of research, or any.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• I know it wasn't one incident. Changes nothing.

I find it very barabaric how we want to shun people from society just because they struggle with one of their demons and just because they are famous.

So tell me, do you want McDonalds workers who have a history of sexual aggression to be fired and shunned from society as well? Will you stop eating there? My guess is that you dont care enough to actually research the crew...that you only suddenly care when the media convenienty feeds you that info to your Facebook or Twitter feed or Yahoo news or whatever people use these days.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• In fact I can guarantee that everyone has eaten and enjoyed food that was prepared by convicted rapists and child molestors. So why enjoy that but not enjoy Kevin Spaceys movies? Double standard.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:In fact I can guarantee that everyone has eaten and enjoyed food that was prepared by convicted rapists and child molestors. So why enjoy that but not enjoy Kevin Spaceys movies? Double standard.

I do enjoy the effort, but you're struggling with this one.

Now, if you said.. "Your food is going to be prepared by a child molestor" and then I still went ahead and ate it, then that would be a double standard, as that was my choice. Just like all the millions that watched Kevin Spacey movies before they knew he was a creep, and now choose not to because they know he's a creep. Is that shunning? Can Kevin Spacey not do something different with his life now that everyone "knows his demons" that doesn't require me to literally hand him money?

What happens to Kevin Spacey at this point is on him, not me, for not wanting to watch his films. Equating that to putting sexual criminals who work at McDonalds on the street is just a dumb line to draw.

But hey, you do you fender.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• So why do you care so much about Kevin Spacey but don't care enough about restaurant employees to do the research and find out? Is it that you only care when the info is conveniently fed to you? Because if so, then that is very telling as to how much you actually care deep down inside. It makes it look like you let others control your thinking instead of deciding what your morals are for yourself.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:So why do you care so much about Kevin Spacey but don't care enough about restaurant employees to do the research and find out? Is it that you only care when the info is conveniently fed to you? Because if so, then that is very telling as to how much you actually care deep down inside. It makes it look like you let others control your thinking instead of deciding what your morals are for yourself.

I am acutely aware of the sexual predators who live and work in my town. Not difficult to find out. Might even be considered "convenient."

And yeah, I make decisions based on that information, including where I spend money, take my kids, etc.

You making assumptions make you look stupid. it's also a deficient over-generalization made to try and sound like you're picking holes and common hypocrisy. Its funny that you think you are revealing some dark secret of hidden ignorance. You're not, as much as you want to be. In the end, you're just defending, whether you intend to or not, sexual predators.

Good for you fender..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote: You're not, as much as you want to be. In the end, you're just defending, whether you intend to or not, sexual predators. .

That is completely over the line. Complete bullshit. Seriously, it always comes down to this stupid ass simplification of language to dictate the issue. People just can't resist this sort of childishness when discussing this issue. I expect better from you.

I am not defending sexual predators. You know that. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

All I am doing is pointing out that we should be REWARDING people when they do GOOD things (such as working and producing things for society) and then we should PUNISH people for when they do BAD things. But that punishment should not interfere with their ability to do good.

Say you have a dog, and that dog chews on the couch. So you punish him. Then later on the dog fetches your paper...so you punish him again because you're still mad at him for chewing the couch.

That's essentially what society does to people like Kevin Spacey. It is GOOD when Kevin Spacey works his ass off and uses his talents to make movies, much like it's good when our dog fetches us the paper. We should never punish him for when he's doing those goods things. But if he does something bad, then yes we should punish him, but not when he goes out and makes another movie. Because that's like hitting your dog again when he goes out and gets the paper.

What do you want Kevin Spacey to do? He is a living, breathing person. He is a human resource. He can work for us. He is an asset. Wanting to take all that and everything else away from him is barbaric. It's an example of how bloodthirsty humans still are. People lust for revenge so aggressively that they literally don't mind sacrificing themselves just to see somebody they hate get punished even further.
    Last edited by fenderbender123 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Oh, and my views on this are completely consistent with almost all the other views I've stated on criminality in years past. Not just sexual predators. Murderers. Thieves. Etc.

Yes, I am lenient on criminals (and in this case, alleged/potential criminals). Look at history...the less barbaric and cruel we are toward people who do bad things, the better of a society we have. It makes no sense to not progress and re-think what is normal in modern society.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote: You're not, as much as you want to be. In the end, you're just defending, whether you intend to or not, sexual predators. .

That is completely over the line. Complete bullshit. Seriously, it always comes down to this stupid ass simplification of language to dictate the issue. People just can't resist this sort of childishness when discussing this issue. I expect better from you.

I am not defending sexual predators. You know that. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

All I am doing is pointing out that we should be REWARDING people when they do GOOD things (such as working and producing things for society) and then we should PUNISH people for when they do BAD things. But that punishment should not interfere with their ability to do good.

Say you have a dog, and that dog chews on the couch. So you punish him. Then later on the dog fetches your paper...so you punish him again because you're still mad at him for chewing the couch.

That's essentially what society does to people like Kevin Spacey. It is GOOD when Kevin Spacey works his ass off and uses his talents to make movies, much like it's good when our dog fetches us the paper. We should never punish him for when he's doing those goods things. But if he does something bad, then yes we should punish him, but not when he goes out and makes another movie. Because that's like hitting your dog again when he goes out and gets the paper.

What do you want Kevin Spacey to do? He is a living, breathing person. He is a human resource. He can work for us. He is an asset. Wanting to take all that and everything else away from him is barbaric. It's an example of how bloodthirsty humans still are. People lust for revenge so aggressively that they literally don't mind sacrificing themselves just to see somebody they hate get punished even further.

Dry your eyes, fender.

The bullshit is condescendingly assuming the general public are incapable of making decisions of their own free will and believing them to be hypocrites because they may not apply the same principles as dutifully across the entire spectrum of their lives.

That is the bullshit. Its an absurd generalization that ignores so much it's almost annoying to have to read and take you seriously (but that's my problem). And you pick and choose moments like this to make that exact same point. not only is it bull shit, its equally as hypocritical of you to play the victim after wards. It's the same sort of logic I could then use to say..."well you're just defending sexual predators."

you then compare sexual predators to training dogs. get over yourself.

fender, thats bull shit. the "im going to show everyone how smart I am by showing them cracks in their moral codes" way of approaching every issue on here is also boring, petty and condescending.

Noone is "barbarically" doing anything to Kevin Spacey. And suggesting that people NOT giving him money as barbarism despite the shit he's done is also bullshit, hypocritical and also dumb.

Noone is responsible for Kevin Spacey but himself. There is no "revenge" here. This is free will, and people are making a choice on how to spend their entertainment dollar. If you want to draw thin lines of conclusion, It's not much different than not wanting to see the next James Cameron movie because his movies suck.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• "I hope he goes broke"

and you agreed with him. Maybe barbaric isn't the right term. But man that is just such a nasty thing to wish upon somebody.

The dog analogy makes perfect sense. I'm sorry you can't see that. Should I use children as an example instead? Reward good, punish bad. Why do you disagree with that? Why do you punish bad and then further punish bad by punishing good?

And yes I know it's 'free will', and I get why people do it. But there's a better way. And I want people to change the way they think. The reality is this...you and I are NOT sexual predators, so we have no idea why or what drives somebody to be that way. We watch so many damn movies and TV shows and read so many books and stuff that our brains are constantly thinking about 'good vs evil', as if such a thing is even real when it is not. The universe works by dominos falling. People become the way they are for a reason. We should learn to understand them better by working with them rather than forcing their lives to entirely fall apart.

And no, I don't believe you that you research the backgrounds of everybody. In the case of Kevin Spacey, he isn't even a registered sex offender. So if he was working at your favorite restaurant rather than making movies, then he wouldn't be so famous, so all allegations about his behavior would only circulate in small social circles. And you could easily obtain that information if you wanted to dig. But would you? You call this out and say pointing out cracks in the moral code is petty and condescending, but it's important to consider. Once I started applying this logic to myself, and admitting that my thought processes were wrong, I started to realize what my true values in life were, and it has absolutely paid dividends, I'm just trying to help people see a better perspective in life.

I know I'm all over the place with my thoughts on this. But oh well. There's a lot to discuss.

John Lennon once beat the crap out of somebody for calling him gay. Should EMI have fired him from the Beatles and society shunned him? That would have resulted in billions of people not being able to enjoy his music. And as he got older, his violent side subsided. We didn't need that to happen to correct the problem. So it would have been a complete waste. Society didn't like that he did that, but they also didn't like the idea of not having his music. They could separate the issues. I guess times have changed for the worse.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Are you going to conveniently forget the rest of the post I "agreed with?" That type of cherry picking is typical.

How often are you going to draw thin or even false parallels with limited to no knowledge except what you bring into it. And as in many other threads, drawing some parallels from the past suggests that people are not evolving. Did I say I say researched everything or that i was "acutely aware of the sexual predators in my town?"

Your entire premise is based on calling out people for assumptive hypocrisies, yet your defense of that stance is based on the same. These types of statements only reflect your own inability to make a point without using the same thought process you are trying to demonize.

You are not trying to help anyone. you have admitted that much of what you are doing is based solely on calling into question the very complex nature of human emotion and take pride in finding its frailties with simplistic generalizations. Those takes are full of shit, as is this one with Kevin Spacey. Dogs to children.. how is their behavior equatable to a sexual criminal? how the hell is John Lennon getting into a fight for someone degrading him verbally the same as forcing yourselves on dozens, if not more, people that are employed to assist your needs? You can't make these types of thin connections and expect anyone to take you seriously.

And let's just take that on for a second... maybe people don't want to spend money watching someone on the screen they know is a creep because that knowledge devalues their entertainment experience. It's not revenge. And you certainly aren't shining some light on that choice as something more than what it is.

Sure, some guy saying "i hope he goes broke" is harsh. He has the right. But until he starts campaigning in front of movie theaters preventing people from buying tickets I'd say his take is far less equal to what Kevin Spacey has done to the people around him. So the high ground you are trying to take here is the bull shit, and again, by that same logic, if you haven't reached out to support the victims of Kevin Spacey's crimes while defending his right to make movies (which noone is arguing) then you're premise is full of shit as well.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Okay, I get it. Some people's brains aren't developed enough to separate the actor from the person.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:Okay, I get it. Some people's brains aren't developed enough to separate the actor from the person.

It's funny that you think that is some sort of pointed response.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• I just go with the flow of the discussion. I am adaptive to my environment. Like a ninja.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I know it wasn't one incident. Changes nothing.

I find it very barabaric how we want to shun people from society just because they struggle with one of their demons and just because they are famous.

Believe it or not, some people feel that the sexual predators are the barbaric ones. Literally ruining peoples lives to satisfy a sexual desire. Whether or not you think people should be able to get over it and get on with their lives, many victims of sexual abuse are not able to that and it haunts them for the rest of their lives.

Pretty mind blowing that Kevin Spacey is the victim here in your eyes.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Just because something bad happened doesn't mean we have to continue to make more bad happen.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, Chapow. Other than your assumption that I think Kevin Spacey is "the" victim, as in singular, implying that I don't think anybody he may have sexually assaulted is not a victim. Why can't I think some people are victims of one thing, and another is a victim of another?

My hope is that people learn how to sort these things out in their minds. The more we love each other, the better off society is. Love is all anybody ever needs. No matter who it is.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Don’t think most people “truly” care.

I think most people simply like to be on the popular band wagon.

I just heard today the Eagles greatest hits over took MJs thriller as the #1 selling album.

They also said that MJ sold more records after he passed than he did while living.
    I don’t know the facts but that’s what was said on the show I was listening too.

For me it’s hard to not think about the back story of these people while watching a movie, or listening to music.

I don’t like MJs style of music all that much but I respect the talent behind it.

KS is a good actor, I wouldn’t necessarily boycott a movie he was in but it would be hard to enjoy because I’d be thing just as much about the back story as I was the movie, so what’s the point.

Not really sure what point I’m trying to make other than I really don’t think people care that much as long as they are getting something they want, and in many cases being on the side that’s most popular is exactly what they want, regardless of the issue.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• fenderbender123 wrote:Just because something bad happened doesn't mean we have to continue to make more bad happen.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, Chapow. Other than your assumption that I think Kevin Spacey is "the" victim, as in singular, implying that I don't think anybody he may have sexually assaulted is not a victim. Why can't I think some people are victims of one thing, and another is a victim of another?

My hope is that people learn how to sort these things out in their minds. The more we love each other, the better off society is. Love is all anybody ever needs. No matter who it is.

Out of curiosity, what do you think we as a society should do with sexual predators?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Just because something bad happened doesn't mean we have to continue to make more bad happen.

Out of curiosity, what do you think we as a society should do with sexual predators?

Study them. Work with them. Talk to them. Show them we love them in spite of the things they do that we don't like. Same thing with all criminals. If we never understand why or where they come from, then the problem will never go away.

Also, we should teach people how to stand up to them from a young age. How to defend themselves with words. How to say no to somebody who's older than them. Teach them that just because somebody is famous and older that it doesn't mean they have power over you. And teach them to physically defend themselves if a sexual predator tries to commit some sort of assault.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Fender is conveniently forgetting one thing, that we as consumers have the right in a capitalist society to voice our opinion with our money. That is what is happening, and that isn't a bad thing. Paint it any other way you want but this is the crux of it.

Also, the movie was released in eight theatres, so evidently the studio realized it would not do good and minimized the impact. This is no different than Louis C.K. and his movie, which of course fender will now defend as well.

Bottom line, if you are in favor of capitalism, don't bitch when it works as intended for once.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Except I'm not forgetting about that all. In fact, me bitching about the way people respond *is also* capitalism (free market) doing it's thing. You all have the right to voice your opinion with your money, and I have the right to point out that you're just making life worse for yourselves.

I'm not defending this movie. It probably sucks ass. People probably don't want to work with him. I'm saying they should. If it's public knowledge now that he can get a bit aggressive, then people can be prepared for it and fight it off when he gets in one of his moods.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• And here's a little insight on why I have such radical views.

I have always been a bit of a scoundrel in my life. I'm not a bad person. I have never done anything like Kevin Spacey has allegedly done or anything like Louis CK has done. I'm actually pretty respectful and normal when it comes to sex.

But I spent a lot of my school years getting in trouble. And I get in trouble at work, too. And the reality is this...the more I get punished, the more I want to be a shithead. The more I hate people. The more of a rift it creates between me and them. It does NOT correct my behavior. It is only when people reach out and show that they respect and love me that I begin to flourish and feel bad for the things I've done.

Seriously, why should anyone feel bad about what they've done to people when people are retaliating and attacking back? It just widens the rift. That's not to say jail time and such isn't out of the question...sometimes you just have to remove somebody from society a bit to keep people safe when they are way out of line. But hopefully you guys get what i'm saying.

The bottom line is this...get over your emotions and feelings. They are natural, but you can fight them. Everyone is capable. Do so, and better things happen. Love others, and better things will happen. This process will lead to a better life. Factually.
    Last edited by fenderbender123 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Just because something bad happened doesn't mean we have to continue to make more bad happen.

If you rape a child, you should get the death penalty. That child will forever be ruined and will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

A cousin who was like a brother growing up of mine raped his step daughter, and let's just say between myself and a few other family members he went to prison to begin his 25 year sentence missing a few teeth.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:And here's a little insight on why I have such radical views.

I have always been a bit of a scoundrel in my life. I'm not a bad person. I have never done anything like Kevin Spacey has allegedly done or anything like Louis CK has done. I'm actually pretty respectful and normal when it comes to sex.

But I spent a lot of my school years getting in trouble. And I get in trouble at work, too. And the reality is this...the more I get punished, the more I want to be a shithead. The more I hate people. The more of a rift it creates between me and them. It does NOT correct my behavior. It is only when people reach out and show that they respect and love me that I begin to flourish and feel bad for the things I've done.

Seriously, why should anyone feel bad about what they've done to people when people are retaliating and attacking back? It just widens the rift. That's not to say jail time and such isn't out of the question...sometimes you just have to remove somebody from society a bit to keep people safe when they are way out of line. But hopefully you guys get what i'm saying.

You're still not correct in this. If people have a trend of deviant behavior, then they are less likely to change, especially at a later age. While it can still happen, often times it won't as they are "set" in their ways. Hell, you are rather young and don't appear to want to change your ways as evident by this very post I'm replying to.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• I just told you exactly how I have and do change my ways. Love me and respect me. Don't punish me.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I just told you exactly how I have and do change my ways. Love me and respect me. Don't punish me.

That's others changing, not you. See, you simply can't do it.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I just told you exactly how I have and do change my ways. Love me and respect me. Don't punish me.

But being "a shithead" is vastly different than being a sexual predator (I know I'm assuming here, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption).

Sorry, but you are not allowed to hurt other people in our society. If you do and you are caught, there are consequences. If people don't want to deal with those consequences, they are free to make the choice to not hurt other people. I also don't think it's worth the risk to society to just love and respect sexual predators and just hope that they change their behavior. They made their choice to hurt other people and the consequence for that is they are removed from society for a time (i.e. prison) to keep the rest of us safe.

It would be great to live in a world were love and respect could stop people from hurting other people, but unfortunately, I don't believe we live in that world.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• I know the thought process. I get it.

All I'm saying is that our current way of doing things is not very effective in fixing people or preventing future incidents. And that we all wind up making too many sacrifices when trying to uphold it.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I know the thought process. I get it.

All I'm saying is that our current way of doing things is not very effective in fixing people or preventing future incidents. And that we all wind up making too many sacrifices when trying to uphold it.

I personally think people who commit certain crimes are given too many chances.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

If you rape a child, you should get the death penalty. That child will forever be ruined and will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

A cousin who was like a brother growing up of mine raped his step daughter, and let's just say between myself and a few other family members he went to prison to begin his 25 year sentence missing a few teeth.

Agreed, of course after spending 30 minutes in a closed room with the family members of the victim and victim if they wish for their healing process.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Opening in only eight theaters might be considered blacklisting, but then, many movies have a limited release like that, so even that's hard to argue.

But the $126 total? Naw, that's just the general public showing disinterest. Society as a whole can't blacklist like that. Hell, we can't agree on anything at all nowadays. To put it another way, that's like two dudes in the theater watching the movie on average. Not hard to believe there were probably several shows without a single viewer--just Kevin Spacey's movie playing out in the dark to an imaginary audience.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I would bet that in less than 5 years more than 50% of the cinemas will be closed, because more and more people are deciding to stream movies from their homes.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:If you rape a child, you should get the death penalty. That child will forever be ruined and will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

And does killing the person who did this make that go away?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:I would bet that in less than 5 years more than 50% of the cinemas will be closed, because more and more people are deciding to stream movies from their homes.

Eh....then how is Hollywood gonna make their money? How are they going to extract $15 per person watching it?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:If you rape a child, you should get the death penalty. That child will forever be ruined and will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

If you find out and limit the damage the person does when released again to commit more crimes against others it eventually will kill off the cycle. I am sure many have inclinations but have the strength to not do it, those that act on those inclinations, well we can do without more innocent people losing innocence.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Look I am terrible at organizing my thoughts and looking at all the specifics. But i really think my solution is the long term solution.

Let's say somebody killed my wife right in front of me. What if the best thing I could do in that situation is hug the killer and tell him that I love him and that I forgive him? What if the one thing that makes people murder is tied to the way we react to it?

Uncle Si is right about one thing. Ive had time to think and unwind a bit from work. The "cracks in the moral code" is a shitty premise for my thoughts. I dont know why I do that. Its a habit.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:I would bet that in less than 5 years more than 50% of the cinemas will be closed, because more and more people are deciding to stream movies from their homes.

Eh....then how is Hollywood gonna make their money? How are they going to extract $15 per person watching it?

Do you not have Cable or Netflix? There is very LARGE money in both of those revenue streams. You can outright purchase a movie that is in theatres already, just wait a few years.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:If you rape a child, you should get the death penalty. That child will forever be ruined and will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Is that a real question or are you attempting to be a troll? :roll:

There is no rehabilitation for someone that molests a child. They are the lowest of the low, and do not deserve the right to walk this planet. Regardless of what type of counseling, meds, or therapy they get they will ALWAYS be a threat.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

There is no rehabilitation for someone that molests a child. They are the lowest of the low, and do not deserve the right to walk this planet. Regardless of what type of counseling, meds, or therapy they get they will ALWAYS be a threat.

You aren't even understanding what I am saying.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

You aren't even understanding what I am saying.

I fully understand what your saying, what I don't understand is your logic.

Carry on.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Fair enough.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information