Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Trauma Doc Witnesses Patient's Deceased Wife in ER

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I have researched matters of consciousness, Near Death Experiences (NDEs) and After Death Communications (ADCs) pretty much for the past 28 years after my sister was killed in a car accident (and subsequently my father who was also killed in a car accident 6 months later). Based on both my personal experiences and the research of literally tens of thousand's testimony from people of all cultures, races, religions, beliefs and age, I am convinced without any shadow of doubt that our consciousness survives the physical death of the body.

I would love to hear from anyone who is open in sharing your experiences you may have had with this topic. It can even be a friend or family member. If you don't feel comortable sharing them here publicly, I would really appreciate a PM. I am convinced these stories are embedded within the fabric of every family, somehow, someway, on some level.

If you are a hardcore skeptic and especially debunker and think it's all hooey, I respectfully ask that you do not participate in this thread. I do not wish to engage in needless debates where neither side can change the mind of the other.

I came across this article today. I know it's common for doctors, nurses (especially in hospice care) to experience these events but what isn't so common is a trauma doctor giving a lecture to students about an event where he himself witnessed the deceased in the ER.

https://komonews.com/news/local/trauma- ... -in-the-or

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros, I believe people can be wired to have a spiritual link psychics are the known ones and there are others that are of the Nostradamus variety as well, but general people that don't necessarily exercise those muscles or try to anyway I believe also do. Twins are a good example, many times I have heard that they have a link that they know when the other is having a strong emotional situation across the country and or world. Mothers that have a bond with their kids have that same intuitive feeling about things. Then there are spouses and people that we deeply care about. I fall in to the later, my first wife who I was very much in love with had a drug problem, I knew when she was in trouble almost instantly when and then after our divorce, the feeling of dread, nervousness etc, almost on queue within a day and many times hours and or minutes I would get a call or someone would call me asking me if I could help. I don't have that same connection with my current wife, even after 24 years.

I have to believe that the love and caring of a person and having that bond would carry over to we will call it the spiritual realm or dimension, you are attached and want to care and be there for those you feel are in need of you or to watch over when they can't ask for help.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Well, I'm certainly not one to dispute that consciousness survives death. Only question is what happens to it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I don't remember much from before I was seven years old, only two memories really. The first was when I was three and I remember jumping on my moms bed while she was curling her hair, me yelling out that I was turning three.

The second was when I was six. I was at the lake with my mom and some older cousins. I was swimming and doing flips under the water and my mom told me to come closer to the shore. I came closer and tried to do a flip like I had been doing in the deeper water and got stuck in the silty lake bottom. I propelled myself forward into a flip and somehow got my head stuck, and I struggled to free myself and got an arm stuck too. My legs were kicking in the air and I couldn't breath. Everything started to fade, I couldn't see anything until I started to feel warm, and feel light. That's the best I can describe it. Feeling light, kind of like putting your hand under a heat lamp but my whole body. Then my vision started to get brighter and brighter until I felt like I was squinting it was so bright. My eyes were closed at the time.

A bright figure with a halo of light that was somewhat feminine but hard to distinguish because of the brightness descended from the light slowly and started reaching towards me. I don't know how long it lasted, but after a little while I felt someone roughly grab my shoulder and pull me out of the water. I coughed up some sand and water while my cousin Uriel patted my back. He just said "You ok? Yea? Well lunch is ready" and walked back up. I never mentioned it to anyone. I always thought of it as just a flight of fancy as a kid, maybe my memories being embellished from being so young.

Looking back it's funny that my cousin Uriel may have saved my life while I thought I saw an angel. Uriel is the name of an archangel I believe.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

• My good friend died for 30 seconds. He remembers being ABOVE his body looking down at himself and seeing the doctor shock him back to life.
    Sent from my Motorola Razor Flip Phone
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• SilNWest wrote:...Everything started to fade, I couldn't see anything until I started to feel warm, and feel light. That's the best I can describe it. Feeling light, kind of like putting your hand under a heat lamp but my whole body. Then my vision started to get brighter and brighter until I felt like I was squinting it was so bright. My eyes were closed at the time.

A bright figure with a halo of light that was somewhat feminine but hard to distinguish because of the brightness descended from the light slowly and started reaching towards me. I don't know how long it lasted, but after a little while I felt someone roughly grab my shoulder and pull me out of the water. I coughed up some sand and water while my cousin Uriel patted my back. He just said "You ok? Yea? Well lunch is ready" and walked back up. I never mentioned it to anyone. I always thought of it as just a flight of fancy as a kid, maybe my memories being embellished from being so young.

Thanks for sharing! Glad you are here to do so. ;)

Very common to hear similar accounts from people who have drowned or nearly drowned. A sudden inexplicable feeling of calm and warmth replaces the terror of drowning...Some see themselves under water from a vantage point of being above their bodies by several feet...The light...And yes, sometimes even Beings of Light. I think one of the things that is most striking to me is to hear how drowning - something that can start out completely terrifying and even painful - quickly turns into one of the most peaceful experiences the person has ever had in their life.

I am sure there are some biological and neurological processes that in part explain some of the experiences, but I suspect there's much more to it than that.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• ZorntoLargent wrote:My good friend died for 30 seconds. He remembers being ABOVE his body looking down at himself and seeing the doctor shock him back to life.

Very common. Probably the most common experience I have heard from people who were scientifically "dead" for more than a few seconds. Many times patients will tell their doctors what they were saying, what they were doing, even something as minute as a nurse dropping a pen or some small random event, all while they had no heart beat, no brain wave activity for several minutes. Many times from a vantage point above the scene, near the ceiling. Glad your good friend is still around!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The idea that dead people are floating around and seeing what us alive people are doing is kind of disturbing. Are they watching me do naughty things?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:The idea that dead people are floating around and seeing what us alive people are doing is kind of disturbing. Are they watching me do naughty things?

Fair question, and a popular one. My understanding is that your crossed over loved ones respect your privacy and are not in the least bit interested in your fetishes. :P

Now, earth-bound spirits? That could be another matter all together. Take for instance the case of Jennifer Love Hewitt. She had a respected medium come to her house because she felt quite strongly there was a spirit or entity in her house watching her. According to the medium she was right. The medium went on to say that the spirit who was attached to her was a real "creep". He turned out to be a former High School classmate of hers who would watch her shower and change clothes (among other things one would imagine).

This is a common theme. Those who don't cross into the light chose to remain earthbound for any number of reasons (traumatic unresolved death, family matters, material attachments, etc) including what appears to be satisfying the desires of peeping toms, addicts, etc.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• fenderbender123 wrote:The idea that dead people are floating around and seeing what us alive people are doing is kind of disturbing. Are they watching me do naughty things?

Yes they are and they are giggling.

My story, my grandfather passed away from lung cancer at 81, in 1996.
    I always had a special bond with him. Well the day of the funeral afterwards we went to my grandparents house where he lived, for a meal with the family. My grandfather before health reasons forced him to quit always smoked a pipe with only a certain type of Tobacco. It had a real strong but good cherry smell.

He hadn’t smoked 10 years previous his death, he gave the pipe to my mom and said “get rid of it” which she did.

Well I was walking past his room, and I smelled that very aroma, strongly.
    I opened his door thinking one of my cousins was playing a prank on me. Nothing Was in his room.

I was happy to smell that Cherry tabacoo aroma, it was telling me that Grandpa’s spirit was there, and he was OK. I didn’t tell anyone that day because I didn’t want to freak my mother or grandmother out. Told my family about it years later, no one else experienced it.

I’m not a religious person, but I believe our “spirits” last longer than our bodies do and live on in another realm.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That's great! The sudden and strong scent of something you identify with a passed loved one is probably the most frequent reported. Perfume, flowers, cigar/smoke and even a particular body smell are the most often encountered. These don't appear to be figments of imagination either. Multiple people often smell the same smell in the same area. It's often very strong and unidentifiable to anything in the area (example, a strong smell of a particular flower that only blooms in the Spring or Summer even though it's in the dead of Winter).

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I thought I would share my personal experiences to add to the thread. This is what I submitted to ADCRF (After Death Communication Research Foundation, yeah it's a thing).

I submitted my ADC account about my sister D'Lea last month but I wanted to share these various other accounts myself and others in my life have had over the years.

MOM'S ADC - Shortly after my sister D'Lea was killed in a car accident (12/4/90) my mom was in a grocery store doing some shopping. She told me it was the first time perhaps since the accident that she wasn't thinking of her. She needed the distraction of a mundane activity to temporarily ease her grief. She said when she was walking down an aisle when suddenly she heard D'Lea's voice, as plain as any speaking voice, as if she was right next to her ear, say: "Mom, I'm okay."

That was it. Nothing more was said. Now if you knew my mom you would know she is not one to ever make anything like that up. She's always generally been skeptical of the unknown, paranormal, etc. So for her to admit this was quite something.

MY ADC WITH MY DAD - Six months after my sister was killed, my dad was also killed in a car accident sometime around Memorial Day Weekend in 1991. To this day I have always believed he died of a broken heart. D'Lea was his "Dolly" and the thought of her being gone I believe literally killed him.

I was staying with my Mom temporarily around that time and I remember we were struggling to find if he had any life insurance policies. My mom was convinced he did take out a policy years before but we both assumed the payments were likely not kept up and that was that. My mom finally came across this paperwork related to a policy but it was dated in the early 1980's and after reviewing we both assumed it was likely void. She stuffed it in her purse and we both more or less forgot all about it.

One morning I had this incredibly lucid dream. I "woke up" to see my dad standing next to my bed with a big smile. He didn't say anything but motioned me to follow him downstairs, which I did. He proceeded to walk over to my mom's purse, picked it up, and took out that paper work we had forgotten about and handed it to me, again with a smile. I immediately woke up, ran down stairs and excitedly told my mom who was in the kitchen making breakfast that dad came to me and showed me that paperwork to validate that indeed that policy was still valid.

The purse was in the exact same spot it was in my dream when my dad picked it up and handed me the policy. My mom eventually called and in fact the policy turned out to be valid and we received over $5,000. Not a substantial amount I know, but it was something, and my dad wasn't a man of much means before he passed so I have no doubt he wanted to make sure I got whatever I possibly could.

MY 2ND ADC WITH MY SISTER - In addition to the ADC I reported on this website in June 2018, I had another experience I feel was absolutely my sister. I had been staying with my mom temporarily and was sleeping on her couch at the time of the incident. My mom had a bunch of greeting cards with various designs as decorative art she had taped to some of her cupboard panels. One night I was laying there, it was dead quiet. I was thinking about my sister when suddenly one of the cards fell from being taped to the cupboard. It was loud and jolted me (due to how quiet and late it was).

I got up to investigate, and lying right there in the middle of the kitchen floor was one card, lying face up. The design on the card was a photo of a statue of an Angel. In that moment I wept. I knew without any doubt whatsoever that it was my sister reaching out to me, letting me know she was still watching over me.

ADCS WITH JOE - Joe was a good friend of mine who died unexpectedly of liver failure in 2008 at the age of 40. It was a huge shock to all of us in his circle of friends. Joe was one of those guys who was a Man's Man. He had incredible charisma and was always the one people gravitated towards. The last person you would expect to die so young.

He had a wonderful dry wit and sense of humor. He could get any of us in stitches with his inside jokes, wit and comments. Unfortunately tragedy struck his family who he was very close to (His mother was deteriorating with MS and his father was diagnosed with Leukemia). This sent him into an uncontrollable spiral of drinking and depression until his liver gave up.

We used to go on house boat trips with friends. Joe liked to sleep on the top of the house boat at night. One morning he excitedly told us that he woke up with a Hummingbird staring right at him just a couple feet away. Each morning he would talk about this Hummingbird showing up and hovering, looking at him. Teasingly, we said, "Suuuuure, Joe, whatever you say." It became one of the inside jokes the rest of the trip.

Not long after he died, myself and his best friend Jim (and others) would see Hummingbirds, like all of the time. Jim said one day he was looking out his kitchen window when suddenly a Hummingbird flew right up to the window, hovered for a minute just staring at Jim. Being a skeptic, Jim didn't think too much of it. But one time he was out on Puget Sound fishing with his Father-In-Law. There was no land around for miles. Nothing but water. He said suddenly a Hummingbird flew right up to their boat and hovered, again just staring at him for several moments before flying off. Finally Jim had to admit, "That's Joe."

Joe came to me several times after he died in what I call "Contact Dreams". These are different from regular dreams. I can always tell the difference. They are lucid and stick with you unlike regular dreams do. In one, Joe was trying to show me his frustration of trying to get his wife and our attention. He showed himself in a chair that rocked, rocking away...Then suddenly he was gone, but the chair was still rocking. I asked him, "Do you have any Guides with you?" I was trying to ask if he needed help crossing over. I knew he would want to be close to his wife. He said, in such typical Joe fashion;

"Yeah, they're trying to get me to go be with the spirits and shit."

In these contact dreams Joe would always be wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey. As a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan we got a lot of mileage teasing each other about our NFL team affiliations. I another contact dream I felt like he had finally crossed over and was showing me around. I don't recall too much but I do remember hearing beautiful music that was just everywhere. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, almost like coming from all around, 360 degrees. There were people milling about. It was pleasant, but felt like kind of a temporary place before moving on to main destinations.

MISC. ADCS - After our beloved cat Stanley died, I got up one night to go to the bathroom. Suddenly I heard Stanley as plain as day make the little meowing sound he would make when he was being affectionate. It was unmistakable. I wasn't half asleep, I was wide awake, the house was perfectly silent. Stanley came to say goodbye.

After our beloved Boxer Bella passed away we were so heartbroken but decided to get another Boxer puppy months later to help ease our grief and bring life back into our home. Baylee is almost 3 now but in the past couple years there have been numerous times Baylee will be playing with a ball or something, and suddenly yelp, or turn around quickly looking toward her rear-end. As if she just got nipped in the butt. This has happened too many times to be a coincidence. Baylee is sweet but she can be a little turkey at times, where Bella was literally the perfect dog.

We know that's Bella giving her little nips here and there, as if to say "Hey, stay in line! You have big paws to fill." :)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information