Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Back to San Diego! Again...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Back to San Diego! Again...
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:34 am
  • Well boys and girls, GeekHawk is once again going to spend (most of) football season in San Diego. Working for the Navy, and TDY for 3 months. This time, I'll be staying in an apartment on Coronado Island, directly across the street from Coronado Brewing Company. Goodbye per diem! :irishdrinkers: No I won't be going to Thrusters, which is a bad place to watch Seahawks Football - too crowded, and they barely stop the 'thump-thump DJ' crap between football plays during the game. I'm open to meeting up with dot net people while I'm there, you could even be one of our esteemed fans of other teams! I'm leaving here on Monday 9/10 and returning just before Christmas. Go Seahawks! Also, go Huskies! The UW kind, not the UConn kind. I'll be catching UW games at that Huskies bar in Mission Beach, which IS a good place to watch football.

And Flying Greg, if you're reading this - I still owe you a beer that I said I'd buy you when you were CMC on the Nimitz and doing an avail at PSNS. I got sent on an extended TDY and got back after your ship left...
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Re: Back to San Diego! Again...
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:14 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:Well boys and girls, GeekHawk is once again going to spend (most of) football season in San Diego. Working for the Navy, and TDY for 3 months. This time, I'll be staying in an apartment on Coronado Island, directly across the street from Coronado Brewing Company. Goodbye per diem! :irishdrinkers: No I won't be going to Thrusters, which is a bad place to watch Seahawks Football - too crowded, and they barely stop the 'thump-thump DJ' crap between football plays during the game. I'm open to meeting up with dot net people while I'm there, you could even be one of our esteemed fans of other teams! I'm leaving here on Monday 9/10 and returning just before Christmas. Go Seahawks! Also, go Huskies! The UW kind, not the UConn kind. I'll be catching UW games at that Huskies bar in Mission Beach, which IS a good place to watch football.

And Flying Greg, if you're reading this - I still owe you a beer that I said I'd buy you when you were CMC on the Nimitz and doing an avail at PSNS. I got sent on an extended TDY and got back after your ship left...

What bar in Mission beach? I found one next door to the rathole I stayed in for a friends retirement and never made it to where we discussed. Too many things going on.

And ya...Thrusters is like Scooters in vegas at gametime....full and probably no room anyway. Went there off season and lots of room. There is another bar outside Rainbow Blvd that seemed ok. Bus went right by a Cleveland Browns bar....yes even they have a bar in Vegas. LMAO.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:03 am
  • Guava Beach Bar & Grill.
    https://guava-beach.com/sports/uw-huskies-2/
    Year-before-last I was TDY there and ended up in Kearny Mesa, right off the Escondido Freeway. I was a block from the only sports bar around, which was a Browns bar. I'd go there on Sundays to watch the Seahawks since they never played at the same time, and would be both amazed at the die-hard nature of the fans and also feel kinda bad for them. Their team came so close several times that year, only to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory. Sort of like the Seahawks in the Behring/Flores era.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:Guava Beach Bar & Grill.
    https://guava-beach.com/sports/uw-huskies-2/
    Year-before-last I was TDY there and ended up in Kearny Mesa, right off the Escondido Freeway. I was a block from the only sports bar around, which was a Browns bar. I'd go there on Sundays to watch the Seahawks since they never played at the same time, and would be both amazed at the die-hard nature of the fans and also feel kinda bad for them. Their team came so close several times that year, only to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory. Sort of like the Seahawks in the Behring/Flores era.

Looks like a decent place. When I went to the San Diego hotfest game several years back, I stayed at that Heritage Inn shown on the map if you zoom out. I stayed near the inandoutburger last time for my friends graduation. We dont retire, we graduate and go to work on our next job.

And, I unfortunately remember THAT era.....And an F 16 crew chief I know is a dogpound fan too. He goes thru the ups and downs all the time. Now he lives in Florida where he can not have his tears freeze like up here. LOL
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information