Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Castle Rock on Hulu *SPOILERS*

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Castle Rock on Hulu *SPOILERS*
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:38 pm
  • I just made this as a space holder for those who have watched season 1 and want to discuss specifics.

I’ll add some thoughts when I’m on my computer tomorrow and not on my phone.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Castle Rock on Hulu *SPOILERS*
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 am
  • https://www.tvguide.com/news/castle-rock-season-1-finale-review-explainer-explained/

All that being said, I didn't hate the finale. I generally like ambiguity in art.... The Castle Rock finale made me have a strong feeling and think about what I watched, which is all you can really ask for from a show.... And I'll concede that the open ending leaves room for Season 2 to further explore the mystery of whatever The Kid is, which might be the Devil himself. There's plenty for the next chapter of the anthology to pick up, whatever it may be.

I just wish it hadn't left me saying "that's it?"

This article goes into detail about the final episode, but the final paragraph really states almost verbatim how I was left feeling at the end of it.

Also if you haven't seen this yet, here's a link to a list of King Easter Eggs throughout the series. I'm sure there may be more, and when I binge it again before season two, I'll probably find more. I think I noticed about 90% of this list before reading anything.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/castle-rock-stephen-king-easter-eggs/

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Castle Rock on Hulu *SPOILERS*
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:38 pm
  • Thanks Kidhawk! A friend has actually downl0aded the whole season, and is bringing it to my place in a few weeks. I will have to be a hypocrite and watch it - I've got some morals about that sort of thing, but I am hopelessly inconsistent.

I'll check back here when I start watching.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information