Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Trailers for Mary Poppins Returns and Captain Marvel drop.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Disney's been busy the last couple days.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Captain Marvel Trailer made me want to see it.

Mary Poppins, well I seen the Original as a kid and it is cool that Dick Van Dyke is in it since he was the Chimney Sweep in the Original, but it would be difficult to watch something that you have memories of done with the Walt Disney Style and I think Technicolor filming of the 60's. Julie Andrews painted Mary Poppins for me and I don't think Emily Blunt could match her charisma in this movie.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Captain Marvel Trailer made me want to see it.

Mary Poppins, well I seen the Original as a kid and it is cool that Dick Van Dyke is in it since he was the Chimney Sweep in the Original, but it would be difficult to watch something that you have memories of done with the Walt Disney Style and I think Technicolor filming of the 60's. Julie Andrews painted Mary Poppins for me and I don't think Emily Blunt could match her charisma in this movie.

Dick Van Dyke also played Mr. Dawes, Sr. in the original. He's playing Mr. Dawes, Jr. in the new one, the son of his original character (who was also in the first film but played by Arthur Malet).
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Favorite part of Captain Marvel trailer is her punching that old lady in the face. For those of you who aren't in the know I'm fairly certain said old lady is a Skrull.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:Favorite part of Captain Marvel trailer is her punching that old lady in the face. For those of you who aren't in the know I'm fairly certain said old lady is a Skrull.

Or her Mother in Law :)

Now what if it would have been a guy punching the Old Lady in the face Skrull or not ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:

Now what if it would have been a guy punching the Old Lady in the face Skrull or not ?

It still would have been awesome. It's a movie based on comics so I suspend my usual outrage on things like domestic violence.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Captain Marvel Trailer made me want to see it.

I thought it was cool to see that Dick Van Dyke will be in it, but definitely feels like something that simply won't be able to recapture the magic of the original.

That said, if they can have a good follow-up to Fidelity, Fiduciary Bank, I might just like it.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• I like Emily Blunt as much as the next guy, but I don't see her in that role. In fact, all of the cast seems off to me. Maybe that's just me.
    Musselman
    NET Bench Warmer

• Musselman wrote:I like Emily Blunt as much as the next guy, but I don't see her in that role. In fact, all of the cast seems off to me. Maybe that's just me.

To me she looks similar enough to Carol Danvers that it's a good fit. I'm simply curious how they are going to portray one of Marvel's strongest heroes successfully.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:
    Musselman wrote:I like Emily Blunt as much as the next guy, but I don't see her in that role. In fact, all of the cast seems off to me. Maybe that's just me.

To me she looks similar enough to Carol Danvers that it's a good fit. I'm simply curious how they are going to portray one of Marvel's strongest heroes successfully.

I think you're confused. Emily Blunt is playing Mary Poppins. Brie Larson is playing Captain Marvel.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:
    Musselman wrote:I like Emily Blunt as much as the next guy, but I don't see her in that role. In fact, all of the cast seems off to me. Maybe that's just me.

I think you're confused. Emily Blunt is playing Mary Poppins. Brie Larson is playing Captain Marvel.

Misquoted is all.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information