Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manifest on NBC

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Manifest on NBC
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:24 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:There are currently 18 episodes projected for season 1. It’s not unheard of for first season shows to get a few extra episodes added later but I haven’t heard anything recently other than it was definitely going to get the full season (many shows don’t). Our 9rh episode served s a mid season finale and aired on November 26 th. New episodes begin over here on January 7th.

Wikipedia must be behind - it is there that I read there are supposedly 16 episodes. Now, I'll be very interested to see if we get the "express" availability of episode 10 (etc) from Jan 7, or if we have to wait ages until it airs on the actual free to air TV. We have a summer break for all the big shows on TV here - I guess you do too? I don't normally watch much TV, so I am not usually interested in when series resume, but I am hooked on Manifest! However, I hope they don't flog it to death. Some series go on and on, way too long, IMO.

Well, actually I rejoice when the shows are all coming back on, even if I don't watch them, because it means the damned summer is ending! We're all supposed to down at the freaking beach the entire time (UGH). Thank Christ the cricket is on - the only good thing about summer!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am
  • Is anyone watching Season Two of Manifest, if it has actually started yet? I haven't watched anything past Episode 9 of Season One, but it was showing worrying signs of becoming kinda bogged down.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:04 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Is anyone watching Season Two of Manifest, if it has actually started yet? I haven't watched anything past Episode 9 of Season One, but it was showing worrying signs of becoming kinda bogged down.

From what I’ve read it will be spring 2020.
    They want the episodes to run with out interruption.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm
  • Bump

Season 2 started recently, anyone watching?

I lost track and need to go back and catch a few episodes.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:45 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Bump

Season 2 started recently, anyone watching?

I lost track and need to go back and catch a few episodes.

Yeah, was hoping Vance wasn’t dead, he wasn’t. They need to start picking up the pace and start explaining “the callings” and who are what is controlling them. Also need to explain who “the general” is’ and is she working for the government or some rogue group.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:26 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Is network TV defined as only public broadcast, or does that include channels like FX?

FX is cable. Network TV is like ABC, NBC, Fox and the CW.

I just think network TV is still stuck in the dark ages of making shows. It's just watered down garbage.

Can't disagree, lots of formula stuff.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pm
  • Watched almost all of the first season, and was hooked when it first came out but couldn't finish out the last few.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:28 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Watched almost all of the first season, and was hooked when it first came out but couldn't finish out the last few.

Watched and loved "Manifest" up to (I think) approaching episode 9 of the first season, when it was halted for a while, as explained above by other posters. But, it was starting to fizzle (for me) and I don't know how much more time I'll pay it.

Don't know if I'm going to stream any more; might try one more episode. But it is sadly IMO becoming a soap opera, for me.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:30 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:They need to start picking up the pace and start explaining “the callings” and who are what is controlling them. Also need to explain who “the general” is’ and is she working for the government or some rogue group.

Yeah, I agree...It has that Lost feel to it where the mysteries keep piling up with no clear end in sight. I don't mind the premise or the acting, but I begin to lose patience with these shows that just drone on and on and on...Move it along!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:52 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:They need to start picking up the pace and start explaining “the callings” and who are what is controlling them. Also need to explain who “the general” is’ and is she working for the government or some rogue group.

Yeah, I agree...It has that Lost feel to it where the mysteries keep piling up with no clear end in sight. I don't mind the premise or the acting, but I begin to lose patience with these shows that just drone on and on and on...Move it along!

Hey Todd, off topic but do you watch the BlueBook on History Channel?

I’ve seen a couple episodes and I’m contemplating catching up. 2nd season bout to kick off.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:17 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Hey Todd, off topic but do you watch the BlueBook on History Channel? I’ve seen a couple episodes and I’m contemplating catching up. 2nd season bout to kick off.

Yeah I have been watching...Love the tip of the cap to actual cases but it has this irresistible cheese factor to it. I can't tell if it's on purpose or not. If so, that's great. If not, eesh. Definitely no X Files but I still enjoy it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:24 pm
  • Manifest is one of those shows that would do so much better as a limited series. Schedule it for 2-3 seasons from the get go so they don’t have to try to draw it out like they are. Too many shows get ruined by trying to lengthen their run
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Manifest is one of those shows that would do so much better as a limited series. Schedule it for 2-3 seasons from the get go so they don’t have to try to draw it out like they are. Too many shows get ruined by trying to lengthen their run

Reminds me of Lost. First few seasons were great, the network got greedy and added to much "fill" into the story line to extend it. It finished with a fizzle.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:47 pm
  • I agree with the statement that this show feels too much like a soap opera. Too many shows create a great concept, then don't really expand on. It just plays as a backdrop for human drama to play out. Jim and Joan have marital problems. Their daughter Kate is a rebellious teen who gets in trouble at school after falling in love with a bad boy. Blah blah blah. Same themes that have been rehashed over and over when they should be focusing on advancing the shows original premise.

That being said, I still plan to go back and give the show another chance.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 pm
  • Not liking the daughter Olive right now, or Jared.

Like how they’ve figured out “who” the Major is, and got the feeling they are going to set her up for a major fall.
    Also like the fact that Vance is back.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Previous

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information