Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Venom

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Venom
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:57 am
  • I saw this on Thursday but couldn't post because .Net was down. I thought it was a good movie, but not great. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy super hero movies or Venom. Tom Hardy did fantastic as Eddie Brock, and since he did the voice of Venom as well he was literally talking to himself which added to the movie IMO. The Venom special effects were great, and the "suit" itself was bad-ass.

I'd give it a 7/10 and would watch it again.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Venom
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm
  • Coming from a GWAR fan, I am apprehensive of your review.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:Coming from a GWAR fan, I am apprehensive of your review.

Take it or leave it, it doesn't matter to me. Merely relaying my utterly subjective views on a subjective topic.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm
  • Is GWAR still touring? I remember them from Headbangers Ball. Didn't their lead singer die last year?
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:01 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:Is GWAR still touring? I remember them from Headbangers Ball. Didn't their lead singer die last year?

Yes, they are still touring. I'm going to see them again the 24th of this month.

Dave Brockie died in '14 and then Bishop (the original Beefcake the Mighty) took over vocals as Blothar.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 am
  • Saw it last night. It was entertaining and Hardy did great but still not on par with most other Marvel movies. They did set up another movie which could be cool. There is potential here but really hope at some point it crosses over with Spider Man.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am
  • drcool wrote:Saw it last night. It was entertaining and Hardy did great but still not on par with most other Marvel movies. They did set up another movie which could be cool. There is potential here but really hope at some point it crosses over with Spider Man.

It won't cross over. IIRC they are setting up a separate universe for stuff like Venom. Sony wants to keep Spider-Man in the MCU, which is smart.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:11 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    drcool wrote:Saw it last night. It was entertaining and Hardy did great but still not on par with most other Marvel movies. They did set up another movie which could be cool. There is potential here but really hope at some point it crosses over with Spider Man.

It won't cross over. IIRC they are setting up a separate universe for stuff like Venom. Sony wants to keep Spider-Man in the MCU, which is smart.

Yeah, I understand that. Just wish it wasn't that way.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm
  • drcool wrote:
    Yeah, I understand that. Just wish it wasn't that way.

Me too. A Spider-Man movie with a great Venom would be fantastic.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:01 pm
  • Yeah, I gotta be honest. This movie is a mess, it's dumb, and it should not work. 3/10 at best and I'd be done with it.

Except for Tom Hardy. At some point, he had to realize the shitpile he walked into, said, "Screw it" and just went nucking futs. He turned this turd (not an intended reference) into a surprisingly entertaining ride. His performance alone makes this film worth seeing, and is easily worth 3 points on it's own. 6/10, and a hearty bravo to Tom Hardy. Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham would be proud.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Yeah, I gotta be honest. This movie is a mess, it's dumb, and it should not work. 3/10 at best and I'd be done with it.

Except for Tom Hardy. At some point, he had to realize the shitpile he walked into, said, "Screw it" and just went nucking futs. He turned this turd (not an intended reference) into a surprisingly entertaining ride. His performance alone makes this film worth seeing, and is easily worth 3 points on it's own. 6/10, and a hearty bravo to Tom Hardy. Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham would be proud.

Tom Hardy is a gem (in anything, havent seen Venom)

Your Rickman reference is also magnificent "because its dull, you twit, it'll hurt more"
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:18 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Yeah, I gotta be honest. This movie is a mess, it's dumb, and it should not work. 3/10 at best and I'd be done with it.

Tom Hardy is a gem (in anything, havent seen Venom)

Your Rickman reference is also magnificent "because its dull, you twit, it'll hurt more"

Yeah, I hate Prince of Thieves, but Alan Rickman is having a ball in that film. He actually makes it worth watching. He doesn't chew the scenery, he swallows it whole.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:57 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Yeah, I gotta be honest. This movie is a mess, it's dumb, and it should not work. 3/10 at best and I'd be done with it.

SPOILERS!!!!

The only thing I didn't really like is that the villain was another symbiote. They could have used any number of "B" list villains from the marvel universe that hasn't been in film yet. Or even better, make up one from scratch.

Well, two things, it should have been rated R and had more gore. Venom is bloody nasty, even when he went "hero". The fight scenes were pretty good, and it alluded to him biting heads off, but it should have shown it. Just my thoughts.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 pm
  • I was looking up earlier today to see if it was in fact R as I had assumed. Was surprised to see it wasn't.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information