Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chili ....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Chili ....
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:22 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I've used leftover chili to add to mac & cheese and I really enjoy it, but I don't call that chili. Chili can mix with a number of other food items to make a whole new dish. Chili is a great dish for that type of thing

There’s a specific dish called “chili Mac”

and chili dogs, chili burgers, chili nachos.....Now that I think about it, what are some ways you all use chili with other foods to create new dishes? I'm always looking for new ideas of what to do with excess chili besides just eating it from the bowl.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I've used leftover chili to add to mac & cheese and I really enjoy it, but I don't call that chili. Chili can mix with a number of other food items to make a whole new dish. Chili is a great dish for that type of thing

There’s a specific dish called “chili Mac”

and chili dogs, chili burgers, chili nachos.....Now that I think about it, what are some ways you all use chili with other foods to create new dishes? I'm always looking for new ideas of what to do with excess chili besides just eating it from the bowl.

A good drunk snack is chili mixed with queso or cream cheese.

You know, if it's late at night, buzzed and you'd like to consume something you'll regret in the morning. But man is it delicious when you're eating it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 am
  • God yes, with some Chili Lime chips to dip in there and scoop em up. Killer night time food that you immediately need to hit the tums for........
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 pm
  • Chili Cheese fries...is a dish they served at a place I used to go to called Bugsy's.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:33 pm
  • I make my own chili.

The whole neighborhood shows up when I do, so I usually end up making 5 gallons at a time.

I roast my own peppers... and grind my own chili powder.

I usually use a blend of green hatch, sante fe, jalapenas, passilla, and cerano peppers, but this time I used a bunch of hanging lantern habaneros instead of jalalpenas, and dear god... too hot.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:26 pm
  • Chili has no beans k! Aged beef rubbed with tobassco sauce, onuion, garlic, have to use some tomato paste. (no seeds jalpnano and habaneros) green sauce with tomoteeas,Carroll Shelby spice mix. Top with lime juice, bacon bits fresh onuion, cheese and a little sour cream to help with fire if needed. BAM! Spoon drop.
    Cheers
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm
  • http://denvergreenchili.com/recipes/sou ... ado-style/

If you have not had the pleasure, do yourself a favor..... In Colorado and New mexico, it's served stand alone but also smothering burritos and Tamales, and Rellenos etc. I love Red Chili, but Green is so good, and so spicy!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information