Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ghost Stories

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ghost Stories
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:59 pm
  • In the spirit of Halloween I thought I would see if anyone would like to share any creepy experience they have had. Doesn't necessarily have to be paranormal but anything you have experienced that you can not explain to this day.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Ghost Stories
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm
  • Too long to write about it in this thread, but I've told this tale before. Probably shared it with a few of you here. Still a little spooky.

http://jonathandalar.blogspot.com/2011/10/most-terrifying-night-of-my-life.html
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm
  • About 15 years ago while into the first few months of dating my wife (then my 22 year old GF), her parents were planning an RV trip to Montana and her Dad has asked if I would mind staying with her while they were gone. Being that her Dad asked me to stay with her caught me off guard, but I was game. :D

She lived in the basement, which was setup as a mother in law apartment so that where I was going to stay for the next 10 days or so. The very first night, we were eating dinner there and she told me her house was haunted and that her Dad asked me to stay because he knew of weird stuff happening there. She then began to tell me what had happened there over the years and honestly at first I was just laughing it off, but about 4 serious instances into it I asked her why they were still there. She really didn't know why her parents had never moved, but oh well.

Fast forward to later that night, I'm down in her apartment going through my suitcase and changed into what I was going to sleep in. I left my suitcase open on the couch, changed, and just as I hit the light switch I heard a "SLAM" which sounded like my suitcase closing. I stopped for a second, turned around, flipped on the light and saw my suitcase shut, and every single piece of clothing spread all over the room.

I thought she was down there just messing with me so I checked everywhere, nobody was there. I walked upstairs and she asked what was wrong, and then I told her. She smiled and said "told ya". About an hour later we heard a loud ass thud and glass breaking coming from her parents master bedroom upstairs. I had brought my pistol with me over there so I grabbed it and ran upstairs thinking someone was there. Got up there, all the doors were closed, windows were in tact, and then I noticed that her parents had very large vase in the corner of their room that they threw all their loose change into. It was smashed into about 8 pieces with change spread all over the entire room.

Needless to say we left that night, and stayed at my place the entire time her parents were gone. They sold that house about 10 years ago and to this day stories are still told of that place. Up until' that evening I did not believe in any kind of ghost or spirits, but having two things happen to me in such a short amount of time made me a believer.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:About 15 years ago while into the first few months of dating my wife (then my 22 year old GF), her parents were planning an RV trip to Montana and her Dad has asked if I would mind staying with her while they were gone. Being that her Dad asked me to stay with her caught me off guard, but I was game. :D

She lived in the basement, which was setup as a mother in law apartment so that where I was going to stay for the next 10 days or so. The very first night, we were eating dinner there and she told me her house was haunted and that her Dad asked me to stay because he knew of weird stuff happening there. She then began to tell me what had happened there over the years and honestly at first I was just laughing it off, but about 4 serious instances into it I asked her why they were still there. She really didn't know why her parents had never moved, but oh well.

Fast forward to later that night, I'm down in her apartment going through my suitcase and changed into what I was going to sleep in. I left my suitcase open on the couch, changed, and just as I hit the light switch I heard a "SLAM" which sounded like my suitcase closing. I stopped for a second, turned around, flipped on the light and saw my suitcase shut, and every single piece of clothing spread all over the room.

I thought she was down there just messing with me so I checked everywhere, nobody was there. I walked upstairs and she asked what was wrong, and then I told her. She smiled and said "told ya". About an hour later we heard a loud ass thud and glass breaking coming from her parents master bedroom upstairs. I had brought my pistol with me over there so I grabbed it and ran upstairs thinking someone was there. Got up there, all the doors were closed, windows were in tact, and then I noticed that her parents had very large vase in the corner of their room that they threw all their loose change into. It was smashed into about 8 pieces with change spread all over the entire room.

Needless to say we left that night, and stayed at my place the entire time her parents were gone. They sold that house about 10 years ago and to this day stories are still told of that place. Up until' that evening I did not believe in any kind of ghost or spirits, but having two things happen to me in such a short amount of time made me a believer.

Wow! Awesome story, perfect for the thread, thanks for sharing!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Too long to write about it in this thread, but I've told this tale before. Probably shared it with a few of you here. Still a little spooky.

http://jonathandalar.blogspot.com/2011/10/most-terrifying-night-of-my-life.html

Definitely will be reading that....

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:00 pm
  • Ok... my mother, sister and cousin and I saw a ghost ship. I was about 12. Saw it off the coast of Nome Ak in July of 86. The fog has a tendency to hang right on the coast with the contrast of cold and warm air meeting. We were coming off a dirt road looking down on the coast about 1/2 mile away. The fog bank was heavy but there was a clearing for sure. There was a white ship with sails in the clearing(I later looked it up and it looked like an early 1900 clipper ship used in the area during that time).My mom stopped the truck almost instantly. We sat there and looked at it for a good minute. My mother was telling us that it was not right, that there are no ships like that anymore(Basically it was out of time). Then all of a sudden it disappeared! Just gone. The clearing in the fog was still in the same spot but no ship. Of coarse I started to cry like crazy! We drove back to town with my mother telling us never forget what we saw. I never have. That’s my story.
    BubbaGump
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 am
  • About 4-5 years ago, me and a buddy were driving out to a campground, we were just getting out of town, but not out in the sticks yet. It was dark and I was driving with the high beams on, I had to turn them off for an oncoming car, when it passed I turned the brights back on and there were 2 people on the side of the road standing in some grass on the other side of the guard rail. They were maybe 10 feet from the road, we didn't see them at all with only the headlights on, but with the high beams they were clear as day. It was an older man and a child, and they were both staring directly at us and either not moving at all or barely moving. Instantly sent chills through my entire body, my buddy said the same.

We drove for a minute and talked ourselves into it not being something out of the ordinary, we looped around and drove back to see if there was anyone in need of help since it was late and there wasn't really anything around for someone to be walking to or from. Nobody around, no vehicle pulled over, nothing.
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 am
  • One night my daughter (around 9 or 10 at the time) and her friend were having a sleep over and they wanted to do something "spooky" so I gave them a camera to go around the house and out in the front yard and back yard and take random photos and to report back if they thought they saw or captured something. None of us expected anything out of the ordinary. After about 15 or 20 minutes of silence, they came bursting into the front door out of breath excited saying they captured something very strange. They said when they took the photo there was nothing they could see with their eyes that stood out as odd. While they did capture several stand alone orbs (some were impressive and clearly not a dust particle) this is the photo that got all of our attention. It looks like a bright white orb in movement to my eyes...
    Attachments
    trippy.jpg
    trippy.jpg (112.79 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information