Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ford newest mistake

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Ford newest mistake
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am
  • Yah, I really have my doubts about ford being smart enough to incorporate the 302 into its options of motors.

I did however read the other day that jeeps are selling four door models three to one over stand two door models. This is something I'm sure ford is aware of, and this is why there offering the bronco in a four door version.
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:02 am
  • Actually ford will be offering 5 new models of suvs by 2020 which includes a new range raptor.

Trucks are where I'm at right now, I love my 2015 f 250 to ever get rid of it. 6.2 L 379 cid with the 3"true duel exhaust its pushing 400 horse of OH MAMA!!!

Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Ford newest mistake
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:You boys have fun with your cute jeeps and gas engines... Ill stick with my F 350 and the 7.3 diesel .

I know rite.

All boils down to what you want to do.

My Jeep won’t pull what your P/U will but I’ll bet you a months pay that your P/U would lose if we played follow the leader.

All a matter of perspective Bro Tatter.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 am
  • The antithesis of V8 and more cu:
    On 24 February 2017, as part of the unveiling of the seventh generation (Mk8 - UK) derived Fiesta ST, Ford announced an all-new aluminum inline 3-cylinder 1.5 L EcoBoost engine with cylinder deactivation technology.[21] The version of this engine announced for the Fiesta ST produces 200 PS (150 kW; 200 hp) at 6,000 rpm and delivers 290 N⋅m (210 lbf⋅ft) of torque from 1,600 to 4,000 rpm.

The engine is based on an expansion of the 1.0 EcoBoost, taking the capacity per cylinder up to 500cc which Ford consider is likely to be the maximum for optimum thermal efficiency. The engine is an all-aluminum design with integrated exhaust manifold, low inertia mixed flow turbocharger and combines both port fuel injection and direct fuel injection.

The engine will be available with cylinder deactivation technology, implemented by stopping fuel delivery and valve operation for one of the engine's cylinders in conditions where full capacity is not needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoB ... 5_L_Dragon

Dragon's predecessor, ecoBoost 1.0litre Fox used an iron block, but still only weight 215 lbs with ancillaries, Dragon being all alloy could weight the same or less with footbprint of a letter sized paper.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 am
  • I run a bladder which holds 55 gallons of water as a traction mat, in the winter and to help level out its stance. It the best 69 dallors I've spent so far on my truck. You'd be surprise how well my truck get around in 2 wheel drive. They make them for jeeps lite truck and even cars.
    Plus I 've got a fuel&tool box that holds a spare 30 gallons of fuel neatly tuck away under the tonneau cover. Whth a set of bf goodrich KO2 and a set ot cleated chains. It get around rather well.
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm
  • I'm always surprised at what gets people riled up on this board.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:46 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Aren't modern SUVs with 6-cylinder engines capable of being basically as powerful as 80s V8 SUVs?

Or is this a Harley Davidson thing, wherein you need to hear that "V8 sound" for it to properly be a Bronco? Lol.

The Ford Ecoboost twin turbo V6s that they are using in these medium duty vehicles are in the neighborhood of 350-365 horsepower, which is roughly double what a 400 cubic inch V8 produced until improvements in induction, fuel atomization, ignition, and catalytic conversion came along.

The only time you "need" a V8 for anything now is when 500+ horsepower is the goal.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm
  • Stage 3, I can order a whiple supercharger for my f 250 that would be pushing 700 h.p. Only 7500 dollars. I'm happy the way it is tho.

350 h.p. would be a good starting point for the bronco as long as it had the torque to match. I just hope it doesn't have to steep of curve to it.
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:46 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:You boys have fun with your cute jeeps and gas engines... Ill stick with my F 350 and the 7.3 diesel .

I know rite.

My Jeep won’t pull what your P/U will but I’ll bet you a months pay that your P/U would lose if we played follow the leader.

Evrntually yes based on length and wheel base... But it would be pretty close. I have a 3 link custom lift on mine which was over 13 k... 7 k in the motor... New 6 sp tranny and other goodies... I can pull your jeep out and the tree next to it at the same time .
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:You boys have fun with your cute jeeps and gas engines... Ill stick with my F 350 and the 7.3 diesel .

I know rite.

Evrntually yes based on length and wheel base... But it would be pretty close. I have a 3 link custom lift on mine which was over 13 k... 7 k in the motor... New 6 sp tranny and other goodies... I can pull your jeep out and the tree next to it at the same time .

Please, don’t think that I’m putting your P/U down in any way. I’m not.

But A Jeep vs Full size P/U is not apples to apples comparison.

I’m simply pointing out that in a contest of what both vehicles are good at/for, your truck would win one, my Jeep would win the other.
    They are completely different vehicles and were designed for different purposes.

There’s no doubt that you could hook a chain to my Jeep and drag it around like a tin can behind a wedding limousine.

There’s also no doubt that you wouldn’t make it 30 yards down the first trail I took you on.

Both scenarios are as they should be, all is good.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 am
  • Ford is rumored to be comming out with a full sized diesel bronco in 2021. That is if you like shoving coal. Thats when I believe ford will offer a V8 version of the bronco.

Ford is comming after jeep and there share of jeeps consumers, which leaves jeep owners going a little crazy. When a company that is as successful as Ford is, you know when ford set there sites on a share of a market they usually get it.

I'm really looking forward to see all of Ford's new offerings.
    Cheers .
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:59 am
  • I prefer my wife's grocery getter...

Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

I know rite.

Please, don’t think that I’m putting your P/U down in any way. I’m not.

But A Jeep vs Full size P/U is not apples to apples comparison.

I’m simply pointing out that in a contest of what both vehicles are good at/for, your truck would win one, my Jeep would win the other.
    They are completely different vehicles and were designed for different purposes.

There’s no doubt that you could hook a chain to my Jeep and drag it around like a tin can behind a wedding limousine.

There’s also no doubt that you wouldn’t make it 30 yards down the first trail I took you on.

Both scenarios are as they should be, all is good.

H

I will agree it won't go as many places, but it can flex and crawl very well,for a 14 in lifted truck on 40s. Look up one up off road on YouTube .... Pretty crazy stuff .
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 pm
  • I bet, Its getting the V6 Eco Boost, and rightfully so.... they are such great motors. The New F150's with the Eco-Boost will out-tow the older F250's!...... at least the Gas ones. I have an 09 F250 Super Duty (diesel) 6.4 L Best truck I've ever had. I was forever a Chevy/Toyota guy.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 pm
  • I've out pulled a 2018 f150 with a eco V6 in it, as soon as his wheels started to spin is when I drove away. It must have been a weight thing I've got about 750 lbs of gear in the back on my f250. Those diesel have great amount of torque which is made for pulling, but thats what makes them suck for off roading. Same for for the half ton with eco V6.

It takes the "right" conditions but I've seen f250 pushing snow up to the top of the hood.

It takes a bottom layer of 12 to 18 inches of snow that has froozen real hard, then it snow 3 feet of dry powder on top, with stock size bfg ko2 chained up on all four tires, it will out snow wheel any rig on the road.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 pm
  • Ok, I did some digging around the internet and.... Ford "might" its kind of a whisper at this point, bring back a 7.0 427 sohc motor. Trucks and mustangs and GT 40. Gear driven values making in the neighborhood of 650 hp to 750 hp. But we all know how ford is they can pull the plug on its projects anytime at they discretion.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 am
  • The main problem with the new Bronco will be the same as the main problem with new Jeeps - it's just not 1967 any more. They can't be simple, or utilitarian, with just enough things you need (heater, wipers, seatbelts) and nothing you don't need (satellite sound system with backup camera, leather seats, carpets).

Us biker-types have a saying - Saddle bags won't hold everything you want. But they WILL hold everything you need. It's pretty much like that.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:10 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:The main problem with the new Bronco will be the same as the main problem with new Jeeps - it's just not 1967 any more. They can't be simple, or utilitarian, with just enough things you need (heater, wipers, seatbelts) and nothing you don't need (satellite sound system with backup camera, leather seats, carpets).

Us biker-types have a saying - Saddle bags won't hold everything you want. But they WILL hold everything you need. It's pretty much like that.

Yes. My Jeep SUCKS.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:41 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:The main problem with the new Bronco will be the same as the main problem with new Jeeps - it's just not 1967 any more. They can't be simple, or utilitarian, with just enough things you need (heater, wipers, seatbelts) and nothing you don't need (satellite sound system with backup camera, leather seats, carpets).

Yes. My Jeep SUCKS.

Well, if you insist! :2thumbs:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 pm
  • Chawker wrote:If you go back to the success of the original bronco, it was a simple machine that was tuff and rugged, at a low cost.

Nothing fancy here ford, Dana 60 up front, Stirling E locker in back, 302 duel exhaust, a over sized coolant system, and a 4 or 5 speed tranny or simple auto transmission. Rear tire carrier, a winch and roll bar.

Ford needs to listen to its consumers for once, and give them what they need and not what they can sell them after the fact, otherwise this is will not end well for them. If they want the bronco to be a success the right bronco has to be delivered to the consumer.
    Cheers

I'm not a mechanic guy at all, but the auto industry fascinates me and it seems like from everything I've read, Ford seemingly wants to make money doing a lot of other stuff besides cars, which is kind of a bad sign for a company defined by selling cars. They've cut back models, they've seemingly bet on a narrow range of market entries and they're acquiring companies that are barely even tangentially related to the core business of making cars.

I don't presume to tell car companies how to do their business but...Ford seems to be painting themselves into an intractable corner.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information