Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bullitt Mustang comes to Tacoma...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bullitt Mustang comes to Tacoma...
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:13 pm
  • Steve McQueen’s Ford Mustang, star of famed car-chase scene in ‘Bullitt,’ pulls into Tacoma

Every movie car chase owes “Bullitt.” Two Ford Mustangs were used in the 1968 Steve McQueen film, with its frenzied chase through San Francisco. One is lost. The other Mustang is on display now at LeMay - America’s Car Museum in Tacoma.

TACOMA — Fifty years ago, a detective thriller starring Steve McQueen and a muscled-up Ford Mustang was a Christmas week release.

“The most exciting fifteen minutes ever Shown on the screen,” promised the Dec. 20, 1968, ad in The Seattle Times for “Bullitt.” The movie lived up to the hype.

Nothing says “happy holidays!” like a car chase sometimes reaching 110 mph through the San Francisco streets and then onto the Guadalupe Canyon Parkway.

Those 15 minutes — actually more like 10 or 11 minutes, depending on who did the measuring — were called by highly regarded critic Emanuel Levy “one of the most exciting car chases in film history, a sequence that revolutionized Hollywood’s standards.”

Classic movie. I still remember the first time I saw that chase sequence. Most realistic one of anything before. There would be other classic chase sequences, but Bullit was the standard for a while.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... to-tacoma/
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Re: Bullitt Mustang comes to Tacoma...
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:48 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Steve McQueen’s Ford Mustang, star of famed car-chase scene in ‘Bullitt,’ pulls into Tacoma

Every movie car chase owes “Bullitt.” Two Ford Mustangs were used in the 1968 Steve McQueen film, with its frenzied chase through San Francisco. One is lost. The other Mustang is on display now at LeMay - America’s Car Museum in Tacoma.

TACOMA — Fifty years ago, a detective thriller starring Steve McQueen and a muscled-up Ford Mustang was a Christmas week release.

“The most exciting fifteen minutes ever Shown on the screen,” promised the Dec. 20, 1968, ad in The Seattle Times for “Bullitt.” The movie lived up to the hype.

Nothing says “happy holidays!” like a car chase sometimes reaching 110 mph through the San Francisco streets and then onto the Guadalupe Canyon Parkway.

Those 15 minutes — actually more like 10 or 11 minutes, depending on who did the measuring — were called by highly regarded critic Emanuel Levy “one of the most exciting car chases in film history, a sequence that revolutionized Hollywood’s standards.”

Classic movie. I still remember the first time I saw that chase sequence. Most realistic one of anything before. There would be other classic chase sequences, but Bullit was the standard for a while.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... to-tacoma/

Cool. Looks like it’s body is in rough shape by that picture.
    Love those classic Mustangs though.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 pm
  • Someone found it in a garage and it had been sitting for years, looks better now then it did from the picture I seen when they found it.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:23 am
  • A short video with Leno, the original Bullitt, the owner, and a new Bullitt.

WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:13 pm
  • SO Cool!!

I come from a Ford family. We had all kinds of Mustangs growing up. We had a 1966 convertible Mustang. My first car was a 1967 Mustang 289 V8 AT! I was spoiled. I ended up owning three 67 Mustangs.

If only I had the sense to hold onto even one of them. :(
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information