Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle Restaurants???

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 pm
  • We can use this as an ongoing thread, people are always looking for good recommendations around here.

    I have a specific restaurant in mind though.

    Little Water Cantina.

    I just saw a piece on this place.
    Food looks amazing.

    Anybody been there?
    Review?

    I plan to check it out on my next trip.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17802
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:48 pm
  • Feel free to post your favorites.
    Please mention your favorite dish/meal @the location.

    Feel free to mention places to stay clear of, talk about specific reasons though.

    Let’s be fair.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17802
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
  • I've eaten there before, I had the Carnitas Tacos and they were pretty damn good.

    Bistro Baffi in Burien (about 15mins south of the Stadium) is one of our favorite spots. Small personable place, the chef comes out and chats with you, and the seafood menu often changes with what's fresh at the Pike Place market that day.


    http://bistrobaffi.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=56
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm
  • When I'm in the Seattle area I always try to make it up to Fremont for brunch at The Dish.

    Only other memorable place I've been to in the Seattle area was The Grill from Ipanema which is a Brazilian Steakhouse. There's a cold food table that offers veggies, cheeses, salads, etc. to go with the variety of cuts and different meats. At your table you have basically a coaster that is red on one side and green on the other. Red meaning "no more meat," green meaning "more meat please." There are servers that walk around with freshly cooked meat and they cut it for you right there at your table and onto your plate. I haven't been there in years, though, so I'm not sure what the quality is like these days. I just remember being impressed by the whole experience.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2025
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:40 pm
  • Love this place. Pregame brunch. Steak dinner. (No jeans and collared shirt required for dinner, jerseys and game day apparel for brunch)

    Make reservations.

    https://www.themetropolitangrill.com/
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3086
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:48 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Love this place. Pregame brunch. Steak dinner. (No jeans and collared shirt required for dinner, jerseys and game day apparel for brunch)

    Make reservations.

    https://www.themetropolitangrill.com/


    Sat a couple tables away from John S. in there 3-4 years ago.

    Good food, a bit pricey.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17802
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Love this place. Pregame brunch. Steak dinner. (No jeans and collared shirt required for dinner, jerseys and game day apparel for brunch)

    Make reservations.

    https://www.themetropolitangrill.com/


    Sat a couple tables away from John S. in there 3-4 years ago.

    Good food, a bit pricey.


    Agreed, the Brunch is affordable and a great gameday option though.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3086
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:11 am
  • A lot of great restaurants here, but my favorite is Mojito in Lake City. Amazing food and best Mojito's on the planet.
    https://www.mojitoseattle.com/
    It's easy to get lost, but well worth the effort.

    Also, Med Mix on 1st Ave. in Pioneer Square is incredible and open real late.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12053
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 am
  • I'm not a huge foodie but there are places I go a lot. I'm not big into fine dining, much rather eat quickly or casual.

    For Burger, 8oz Burger on Broadway.

    For fried chicken, Ma'ono Fried Chicken. They have a small window where you can order food inside the Gingber Beer place in University Village. Also can't go wrong with Ezells.

    For Chinese food, Jade Garden or Sichuanese Cuisine. Both are in Chinatown.

    Late night food, Beths Cafe.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4117
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 am
  • Oh ya, favorite Chinese food place is Tai Tung in China Town.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:49 am
  • +1, Thai Tung is outstanding
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12053
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:12 pm
  • John Howie Steak in Bellevue. Best steak in the northwest, if you get that Japanese Wagyu grade A5 filet.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm
  • Biscuit Bitch is always good for breakfast
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3086
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 am
  • Great info, I’ve heard most of those mentioned before.

    Haven’t any of y’all been to “little water” cantina?

    The food show I saw it on, made it look amazing.

    Only one comment?

    Y’all should go check it out, report back.

    :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17802
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:47 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Haven’t any of y’all been to “little water” cantina?

    The food show I saw it on, made it look amazing.

    Only one comment?
    :{)



    Getting in and out of downtown during the week is an absolute nightmare these days, and will only get worse when they close the viaduct. Personally unless I am going to a game, or need to be in the area for an appointment, I try to avoid downtown all together. I have a family member who works about a block from there and we went. I would definitely go again if I was in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

    What is your favorite type of food?

    Ever been to the Salish Lodge @ Snoqualmie?


    https://www.salishlodge.com/

    It's about 45mins or so east of the Clink, it's a bit pricey, but worth it.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 am

Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 am
  • Is The Fisherman still open down the way from the crab pot place? By far the worst dining experience I've ever had considering it was right on the water. I stay downtown or by the space needle and always seem to have a tough time finding a good place to eat.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:34 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Haven’t any of y’all been to “little water” cantina?

    The food show I saw it on, made it look amazing.

    Only one comment?
    :{)



    Getting in and out of downtown during the week is an absolute nightmare these days, and will only get worse when they close the viaduct. Personally unless I am going to a game, or need to be in the area for an appointment, I try to avoid downtown all together. I have a family member who works about a block from there and we went. I would definitely go again if I was in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

    What is your favorite type of food?

    Ever been to the Salish Lodge @ Snoqualmie?


    https://www.salishlodge.com/

    It's about 45mins or so east of the Clink, it's a bit pricey, but worth it.


    Only had breakfast/brunch there, which is great! Would really recommend.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6729
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 am
  • Good call on Biscuit Bitch. There's on a block from my office. Good stuff. I love how when you walk in they say "morning bitches"
    And when they are hiring, the sign outside says "bitches be hiring"
    I'm childish like that, and proud of it :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12053
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:43 am
  • It was 1996, so this is purely historical! Had the best steak in my life at the Space Needle. A bit expensive (obviously!) but utterly gorgeous, and generous. Often places like this serve Viewfood (poor and/or microscopic) - plus you got the price of visiting the tower deducted if you had a main meal there.

    Also went to a place called Cedar's (Indian/Mediterranean food) which was lovely. I can't remember where it was. I just googled it and was amazed it has been going for 40+ years, and at least now there are two restaurants by this name.

    Met with five locals for the day (well, two were from Bellingham) I'd only known on email. Very special time for me, like all of my three weeks in the Seattle area. So much hoping I'll be back in two years or so!

    OH, and Ivar's Acres of Clams on the waterfront... I fell in love with clam chowder, and halibut (unknown in Australia).
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 759
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I've eaten there before, I had the Carnitas Tacos and they were pretty damn good.

    Bistro Baffi in Burien (about 15mins south of the Stadium) is one of our favorite spots. Small personable place, the chef comes out and chats with you, and the seafood menu often changes with what's fresh at the Pike Place market that day.


    http://bistrobaffi.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=56


    I concur, that place is outstanding! My family has eaten there for many, many years.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2293
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:My family has eaten there for many, many years.


    Slow service or queues, huge serves, or both? :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 759
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:57 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:It was 1996, so this is purely historical! Had the best steak in my life at the Space Needle. A bit expensive (obviously!) but utterly gorgeous, and generous. Often places like this serve Viewfood (poor and/or microscopic) - plus you got the price of visiting the tower deducted if you had a main meal there.

    Also went to a place called Cedar's (Indian/Mediterranean food) which was lovely. I can't remember where it was. I just googled it and was amazed it has been going for 40+ years, and at least now there are two restaurants by this name.

    Met with five locals for the day (well, two were from Bellingham) I'd only known on email. Very special time for me, like all of my three weeks in the Seattle area. So much hoping I'll be back in two years or so!

    OH, and Ivar's Acres of Clams on the waterfront... I fell in love with clam chowder, and halibut (unknown in Australia).


    Both Cedars are in the U District. The one you are referring to, I believe, is the one located at 43rd and University Way. The other is a pure Indian spot, located at 50th and Brooklyn. Both are amazing.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5672
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm
  • Pink Door - Great Italian food for a fair price

    Daniels Broiler - Excellent filet mignon. I have had John Howie, El Guacho and they were not even close to Daniels

    Din Thai Fung (Bellevue) - If you are a fan of dim sum. This is a great joint. Lines can get long during dinner.

    Umi - A nice spot if you're into fusion sushi (pretty much all mainstream sushi)

    Mashiko - A spot in West Seattle that is a bit more authentic when it comes to Sushi / Japanese cuisine.

    One of the most underrated food scenes is our hot dog scene. Late night Seattle Dogs are a must!

    The Greek House in Burien - MUST HAVE!
    ApnaHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 317
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 pm


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Daniels Broiler - Excellent filet mignon. I have had John Howie, El Guacho and they were not even close to Daniels

    Daniel's Broiler is my favorite reasonably priced steakhouse, but they don't have any cuts even close to the Japanese Wagyu grade A5 that John Howie has. Go back and try the Japanese Wagyu A5 filet, then you'll have had your come to Jesus moment. :)

    It's like $40 per ounce, though...so bring that credit card, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:07 pm
  • Okay Roland. I’ll hold you to it! :D
    ApnaHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 317
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 pm


Re: Seattle Restaurants???
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:16 pm
  • I ain't sweatin'. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ




It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online