Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Penny Marshall Died

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Penny Marshall Died
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 am
  • 75. Complications from Diabetes. Laverne & Shirley was a staple show in my house growing up. RIP.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Penny Marshall Died
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:58 am
  • Sad. RIP Laverne. :(
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:21 pm
  • Milk and Pepsi on the house.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Milk and Pepsi on the house.

I see what you did there. :2thumbs:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:27 pm
  • Aros wrote:75. Complications from Diabetes. Laverne & Shirley was a staple show in my house growing up. RIP.

Very sad, she was quite talented. That's a great photo of her there too, probably the best she ever looked.

It's also sad that ppl from the 70s are now dying out. It was just a few years back, ppl from the 40s and 50s were passing and now with time marching on, more and more ppl from the 60s, 70s and even 80s are gone. Everyone has their era but man, life is just so short.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    It's also sad that ppl from the 70s are now dying out. It was just a few years back, ppl from the 40s and 50s were passing and now with time marching on, more and more ppl from the 60s, 70s and even 80s are gone. Everyone has their era but man, life is just so short.

I've been feeling this malaise a lot over the past couple of years. Not so much with Marshall, but definitely my musical heroes like David Bowie, Prince and Chris Cornell.................even more so than when I was younger and guys like Layne Staley and Cobain died.

Which makes no sense, because those guys were so young. I think it's more to do with my age, knowing that I'm not very much younger than Cornell.

Mortality sucks.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:32 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:

I've been feeling this malaise a lot over the past couple of years. Not so much with Marshall, but definitely my musical heroes like David Bowie, Prince and Chris Cornell.................even more so than when I was younger and guys like Layne Staley and Cobain died.

Which makes no sense, because those guys were so young. I think it's more to do with my age, knowing that I'm not very much younger than Cornell.

Mortality sucks.

Yeah it does.

A lot of times with musicians the great one are tortured souls, who’s lyrics, sound, and energy come from deep dark places, and from less then favorable life experiences when they were younger.

I love AIC, and some of their stuff is “dark”. One of my favorite songs is Angry Chair, it’s “out there” both lyrically and musically, and the song itself has bi-polar swings which makes it a dynamic song IMHO.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:It's also sad that ppl from the 70s are now dying out. It was just a few years back, ppl from the 40s and 50s were passing and now with time marching on, more and more ppl from the 60s, 70s and even 80s are gone. Everyone has their era but man, life is just so short.

Mortality sucks.[/quote]

I know, it's like ... our generation's stars are dying at an alarming rate.

Several of my classmates have already died... the first few, car wreck... stuff like that you deal with, but when it's "heart failure" or "stroke" et.... you go, "Oh crap..."

Those are the things that kill off aging people.

Freaks me out.

How did I get old so fast?
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:10 pm
  • Penny was a creative gal, very funny and could weave a good story.

RIP
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information