Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Hoarders

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Hoarders
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:48 pm
  • I have been watching this show on Hulu. What the hell is wrong with these people? Ew!
    It made me go around my house with a goal to toss stuff we don’t need out once a week. Our place is not perfectly clean but OMG. We throw away trash, dust, vacuum, wash dishes, counters, etc. How can someone not pick up messes or get rid of clutter? Some of the episodes almost made me throw up.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Re: Hoarders
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm
  • My inlaws own a few rentals and I have seen this first hand.

The last time they had a hoarder in one of their houses, the lady had flushed feminine products down the toilet, clogging it to no end. She was so embarrassed on how the house looked, she thought it would just be a good idea to sprinkle baby power over her #1's and #2's then continue to reuse the toilet.

When she left, the mound of crap was almost 1' above the toilet seat and was spilling on to the floor. This along with the three fridges that were unplugged and bungeed shut with rotten food spilling out was a smell I will never get over.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm
  • It's a form of mental illness. Sad.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:52 pm
  • So, What do you need to know? :mrgreen:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:17 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:My inlaws own a few rentals and I have seen this first hand.

The last time they had a hoarder in one of their houses, the lady had flushed feminine products down the toilet, clogging it to no end. She was so embarrassed on how the house looked, she thought it would just be a good idea to sprinkle baby power over her #1's and #2's then continue to reuse the toilet.

When she left, the mound of crap was almost 1' above the toilet seat and was spilling on to the floor. This along with the three fridges that were unplugged and bungeed shut with rotten food spilling out was a smell I will never get over.

Oh my lord..that is so disgusting. I know these people have a mental illness but I still cannot fathom it. I read your response just before dinner. I couldn’t eat. :pukeface:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:21 am
  • Aros wrote:It's a form of mental illness. Sad.

I know and I should be sad for them but it’s hard. Is it because they are lazy? I should be more caring and understanding but it just disgusts me. If anything, it has made me clean up and organize more.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am
  • I can't watch Hoarders, or any of the freakshows like that, makes my OCD anxiety flare up somethin' fierce. I just wanna jump through the TV and start cleaning.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm

That's not too far-fetched when it comes to renters. The only time we ever owned a rental house, it became disgustingly damaged by the first people who rented it. Sewer lines backed up with tampons as well. Let the lawn and trees die. And it was a 4 bedroom being rented out by 4 different people, and they all decided to make each of their bedrooms their own place by putting a lock on their doors and having a little fridge and table in them as well. The rest of the house was turned into a community area where everyone just threw their trash.

It makes you wonder what steps these rental companies are even taking to ensure they aren't renting a place out to a bunch of dumbass disgusting slobs, or if they're even allowed to take any meaningful steps to screen applicants. I'm sorry, but if you rent a house and turn it into that, your name should go into a database so that landlords can choose not to rent to you. If you live like that, I'm sorry, but you don't even deserve to have shelter. Just die already so you don't reproduce and pass on your disgusting lifestyle and habits.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:57 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:My inlaws own a few rentals and I have seen this first hand.

That's not too far-fetched when it comes to renters. The only time we ever owned a rental house, it became disgustingly damaged by the first people who rented it. Sewer lines backed up with tampons as well. Let the lawn and trees die. And it was a 4 bedroom being rented out by 4 different people, and they all decided to make each of their bedrooms their own place by putting a lock on their doors and having a little fridge and table in them as well. The rest of the house was turned into a community area where everyone just threw their trash.

It makes you wonder what steps these rental companies are even taking to ensure they aren't renting a place out to a bunch of dumbass disgusting slobs, or if they're even allowed to take any meaningful steps to screen applicants. I'm sorry, but if you rent a house and turn it into that, your name should go into a database so that landlords can choose not to rent to you. If you live like that, I'm sorry, but you don't even deserve to have shelter. Just die already so you don't reproduce and pass on your disgusting lifestyle and habits.

Omg...The tampons. When I lived in my first house, I had some tree roots clogging up my sewer lines. It wasn’t because of tampons though. It just reminded me of a story the roto rooter guy told me after rotoed the roots at my house. He said that he had to clear out pipes at this one house and told the lady there not to flush her tampons. Turns out that lady had a hysterectomy and didn’t need tampons. Her husband and her worked opposite shifts. He was BUSTED! :laugh:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:09 pm
  • There are a lot of people who flush tampons and never have a problem. But they can cause problems depending on the situation. Just another item on thr long list of problems vaginas already cause in this world.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:14 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:13 pm
  • Aros wrote:It's a form of mental illness. Sad.

Really ? And obesity is a " disease" I suppose right ?
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:25 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    Aros wrote:It's a form of mental illness. Sad.

Really ? And obesity is a " disease" I suppose right ?

Well, it can be! The science of studying satiety, appetite, etc is in its relative infancy, but the peptide hormone, ghrelin, is just one factor that can be involved in a disease state which causes or at least amplifies obesity tendencies.

"Similarly", hoarding can be a result of OCD, in which serotonin/dopamine neurological issues play a part. Again, a disease or illness.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 am
  • You know, it's amazing what a little perspective can do for someone regarding personal belongings. On the morning of November 8, my dad and I piled a few clothes and personal belongings into our cars and drove away on what would be a month of watching the Camp Fire rage through our community, and waiting and wondering if we had anything left afterward.

I threw all my digital belongings as well as a few Navy items into the car when I left. The only thing I really hoped was that my Navy uniforms made it. I was especially concerned about my dress white uniform, as they've changed the style and I can no longer go to a uniform shop and replace it. As I just got married in my whites, I really hoped it'd be okay, because my wife and I want to take some more studio wedding photos together, and that would have destroyed that hope. Other than that, my Navy awards and original paperwork, and a few pretty cool souvenirs from around the world, the place could have burned and the insurance would have been suffice to replace the rest without much regret.

Everything was fine when we finally got back home a couple of weeks ago, but I thought a lot about personal belongings and what I really wanted to keep. Turns out that it's very little, at least as far as I'm concerned, when it comes right down to it.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 am
  • I always feel a bit of pushback from my emotional side whenever I consider throwing something out. But once I do, I forget I even had it within days.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information