Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

New Trailer For "Us"

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
New Trailer For "Us"
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:34 pm
  • Looks amazing.

Brought to you by Jordan Peele, same guy who made Get Out.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: New Trailer For "Us"
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:29 am
  • Somehow able to make "i got 5 on it" a creepy horror song. Looks great!
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:40 am
  • I'm not into horror movies, but doesn't Peele come from a comic background? Interesting to see him thriving in a different genre. Not too often you can see people do that.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Should easily be the best horror movie of the year. Get Out it's one of my favorite movies ever. Peele is so creative.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Should easily be the best horror movie of the year. Get Out it's one of my favorite movies ever. Peele is so creative.

Oh, come on. Get Out is not worthy of such praise. It was good, but there are reasons I can't type here unless the PWR comes back that explain why it got the love it did.

This trailer looks good, and I'll see it for sure, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 am
  • The social aspects of Get Out generated a lot of attention. It was definitely one of the better movies I've seen in the past couple years, but it wasn't what I would call amazing or one of the best movies ever. They really screwed up the latter end of the rising complications and climax, and then next thing you know the movie is over and you're like "what? Well, okay...".

With that said, I'd certainly watch any other horror movies made by the same people.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:26 am
  • I really enjoyed the originality of Get Out. It probably isn't a classic movie, but definitely one of the better movies that have come out recently, particularly in the horror category. Most movies made nowadays are remakes, based on true stories, or are taken from concepts used before (like every superhero movie). It's nice to see a movie that is completely original in its own way.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:26 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I really enjoyed the originality of Get Out. It probably isn't a classic movie, but definitely one of the better movies that have come out recently, particularly in the horror category. Most movies made nowadays are remakes, based on true stories, or are taken from concepts used before (like every superhero movie). It's nice to see a movie that is completely original in its own way.

Original?

Go watch The Stepford Wives (original; the first one) and The People Under the Stairs. The first one is very similar to Get Out except it's sexism, not racism; and The People Under the Stairs...well, there wouldn't have been a Get Out without that, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:49 pm
  • Yeah, but if you go down that route you'll find out that every story has already been told numerous times and therefore there is no such thing as an original story anymore. At least, that's what they taught us in my film class.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:55 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Yeah, but if you go down that route you'll find out that every story has already been told numerous times and therefore there is no such thing as an original story anymore. At least, that's what they taught us in my film class.

I largely agree with it. Look at how many people think Get Out is original, while decrying Avatar as a ripoff, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:59 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Yeah, but if you go down that route you'll find out that every story has already been told numerous times and therefore there is no such thing as an original story anymore. At least, that's what they taught us in my film class.

I largely agree with it. Look at how many people think Get Out is original, while decrying Avatar as a ripoff, lol.

Don't know you, but you sound really bitter towards Get Out. We get it, you didn't like the movie all that much.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:22 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Yeah, but if you go down that route you'll find out that every story has already been told numerous times and therefore there is no such thing as an original story anymore. At least, that's what they taught us in my film class.

Don't know you, but you sound really bitter towards Get Out. We get it, you didn't like the movie all that much.

It's common for people to exaggerate and use hyperbole to express their dislike for something that to them has received more attention and praise than it deserves. We all have a tendency to try and balance things.

If you think Roland's reaction to Get Out is a bit much, you should have seen my posts about The Last Jedi. My God what an absolute abomination of a movie that was. It made the prequel movies look good. The director just did a total shit job. I don't even get what they were thinking. You can criticize TFA for having a similar plot as A New Hope, but at least Abrams knew what he was doing in terms of TELLING the story in the Star Wars style....the timing, dialogue, humor, etc...it was all there. Then they handed the keys to some no-name dumbshit to absolutely ruin. There was no direction, no nothing...it felt nothing like a Star Wars movie at all. The humor was all cringelike, and just everything...I literally wouldn't be surprised if the director's favorite all time Star Wars character is Jar-Jar Binx. It's like he said "you know...how can we make every scene as cringeworthy as Jar Jar Binx?"...like seriously, he seriously and literally had to have had that mentality going in. And Disney didn't care. They didn't care that they were ruining millions of people's lives, careers, and houses. Yes, my house got ruined watching that movie because I was so mad that I had to take my giant hammer and start knocking down walls just to get the frustration out of my system.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:12 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Don't know you, but you sound really bitter towards Get Out. We get it, you didn't like the movie all that much.

I did like it; but it's not "great", and frankly, a lot of people who do think it's great just fell for spoon-fed......never mind, I can't say it here.

Let's just say that it's very hard to come up with VALID reasons to consider Get Out a "great" film.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:38 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Don't know you, but you sound really bitter towards Get Out. We get it, you didn't like the movie all that much.

I did like it; but it's not "great", and frankly, a lot of people who do think it's great just fell for spoon-fed......never mind, I can't say it here.

Say it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm
  • This is a fantastic trailer, btw. However the movie ends up being, this is how you do a trailer.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:46 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Say it.

I can't unless the PWR returns. I'm not going to risk a ban for you, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Say it.

I can't unless the PWR returns. I'm not going to risk a ban for you, lol.

You keep bringing it up, say what you mean.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 am
  • "Us" looks amazing.

Jordan Peele has really shown some great aptitude directing/writing even if "Get Out" is overrated (better than good, but just not as great as everyone says). He will definitely be around for a while.

He's currently remaking "Candyman" which with Peele's writing and directing style could be excellent.
    HawkSince87
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:03 pm
  • The original Candyman is virtually perfect IMO, one of my all-time favorites; I'll be curious to see how the new one is. I hope they use that same CREEPY-AS-HELL piano music from the original.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:25 am
  • Saw this last night. I liked Get Out more, but Us was still great. Peele is asserting himself as one of the big up and coming guys in the movie industry. His Twilight Zone series comes iut April 1, big year for him.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 pm
  • Heard nothing but good things about this movie. Looking forward to it (when it's available to rent).
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:52 am
  • Can't wait to see this one. Creepy is by far our favorite type of movie to go see. One of the many things I love about my wife, she loves the creepy flicks.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:26 am
  • Anyone watching the new Twilight Zone? First three episodes were enjoyable. Don't think they are better than Black Mirror though. Unfortunately you need CBS All Access to watch.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information