Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bumblebee

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bumblebee
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm
  • Saw this movie last night. It's very clear that the creative team behind this film loved this property and set about to fix everything Michael Bay screwed up. This film is easily the best Transformers movie, even though that's not saying much. It's nice to see a teenage female lead not being over-sexualized and eye-banged by the camera for 2 hours, and it's incredibly sad that that has to be a point in favor of this film. I appreciate that this movie didn't lean into cliches too hard and actually made likable characters with believable motives. It does have a couple plot issues and it's not perfect. That said, this is an enjoyable movie, definitely worth seeing. 7/10.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Bumblebee
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 am
  • So here's where I'm confused I guess. Is this a prequel or a straight up reboot? I'm typing this and realizing I can just do a quick Google search, lol.

It's a prequel. That makes absolutely no sense to me and feels like a slap in the face. I would feel different if this was a reboot, but as I figured and the main reason I'll likely not watch it, it is not.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 am
  • City Of Reign wrote: That makes absolutely no sense to me and feels like a slap in the face.

I tend to judge more simply by the quality of the movie. If the prequel is better than the first movies, I'll watch it.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 am
  • I just refuse to support franchises like this at the box office. Makes it tough when I keep reading that this movie was actually done right, though.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:09 pm
  • City Of Reign wrote:So here's where I'm confused I guess. Is this a prequel or a straight up reboot? I'm typing this and realizing I can just do a quick Google search, lol.

It's a prequel. That makes absolutely no sense to me and feels like a slap in the face. I would feel different if this was a reboot, but as I figured and the main reason I'll likely not watch it, it is not.

It's supposed to be a prequel, but it actively contradicts the earlier ones. The only reason this doesn't bother me is because the others all suck.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I just refuse to support franchises like this at the box office. Makes it tough when I keep reading that this movie was actually done right, though.

It was done right. It's a good movie.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information