Jan Michael Vincent Passes

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jan Michael Vincent Passes
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 am
  • I was a big fan of him when I was younger, Big Wednesday was one of my favorite movies with him, sadly it is also very reminiscent of his life.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Jan Michael Vincent Passes
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 am
  • That sucks. My first time seeing him was in Airwolf. Great show. RIP
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:27 am
  • Wow, one of those actors I thought was still relatively young. Damn you Father Time (still undefeated).
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:09 am
  • I'd never heard of him (which is beside the point), but I made a total idiotic horse's ass of myself after Philip Seymour Hoffman died. I'd never heard of him, either, being largely hopelessly ignorant of things on screen.

Anyway, I came across a supposed quote of Hoffman (which apparently was totally bogus), just after he passed away, which of course was right on top of our Superbowl XLVIII victory, in which he supposedly said something like "The Seattle Seahawks will never win a Superbowl in my lifetime."

I was (and still am) a member of an email sub-list from the Echoes (Pink Floyd) Mailing List, into which some people were gradually invited over many years, by a process of nomination and discussion by existing list members. I was invited to join many years ago (weirdly by a guy who later ended up on America's Most Wanted list and served nearly 20 years in prison).

Anyway, when I read this stuff (and I had been drinking a lot, and didn't even remember writing it, not that it is any excuse) I sent a vitriolic and feral email to this list, saying exactly what I thought of this Hoffman guy, and how I'd dance on his grave, etc, etc.

The reaction was volcanic, and I consider myself lucky I was not thrown off the list. We are a close-knit group; well, not so much these days, as email lists have become pretty much obsolete in this age of social media which didn't exist back in the 1990s. I was mortified by how this one drunken post, with all my defensive red lights on about this apparent insult to the Seahawks, caused people I respect to be disgusted by my post...

I'm sure they have long since forgotten it, but I haven't. Since then, I've tried to s-t-o-p and t-h-i-n-k before posting anything, anywhere, which might be considered volatile.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:38 am
  • Where's the fun in that? :irishdrinkers:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:Where's the fun in that? :irishdrinkers:

LOL!! :irishdrinkers: :vodka:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 pm
  • I only recently realised he played Byron Henry in Herman Wouk's "The Winds of War" - he didn't return for "War and Remembrance".
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information