Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney Plus - The Mandalorian & More

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Disney Plus - The Mandalorian & More
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:51 am
  • Less than 48 hours, assuming this $h!t launches at midnight. It'll be great to be watching new Star Wars so soon after the 9ers drop to 8-1.

Just checked and it sounds like it won't actually launch till 6am which is fine. Not as fine as I'd hoped but fine nonetheless.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:11 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Less than 48 hours, assuming this $h!t launches at midnight. It'll be great to be watching new Star Wars so soon after the 9ers drop to 8-1.

Just checked and it sounds like it won't actually launch till 6am which is fine. Not as fine as I'd hoped but fine nonetheless.

I believe the launch is set for 6 am eastern time. They have a timer on the site that shows 2 am Alaska time which is 3 am pacific. Either way I won’t be there for the moment it launches but I’m sure my 4 year old will be more than happy to report all the fine things she finds to watch once I get home from work.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Less than 48 hours, assuming this $h!t launches at midnight. It'll be great to be watching new Star Wars so soon after the 9ers drop to 8-1.

I believe the launch is set for 6 am eastern time. They have a timer on the site that shows 2 am Alaska time which is 3 am pacific. Either way I won’t be there for the moment it launches but I’m sure my 4 year old will be more than happy to report all the fine things she finds to watch once I get home from work.

Better plan for dinner in the living room Tuesday night. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:20 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Less than 48 hours, assuming this $h!t launches at midnight. It'll be great to be watching new Star Wars so soon after the 9ers drop to 8-1.

Better plan for dinner in the living room Tuesday night. :)

No doubt. I know that my daughter is really looking forward to the live action Lady and the Tramp, so I'm sure that will be our first foray into Disney Streaming. Although she won't eat if it's on, so dinner will be first, then the movie. Now to decide what I want to stream for me after she goes to bed. So many options.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 pm
  • Last trailer was kind of blah...guess we find out tomorrow of it's good or yet another swing and a miss for the disney group
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:14 am
  • Fingers crossed...but expectations kept low.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:21 am
  • Nothing loading this morning...

anyone else having an issue?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:27 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Nothing loading this morning...

I have it fine on my phone And put a bunch of stuff on the watch list for my daughter, but I tried to load it on my roku before work and it wouldn’t load there for me. Hopefully it’ll be loading properly by the time my wife and kids get up.

It’s not surprising with a launch this big there are bound to be bugs. Sometimes it’s best to start a little smaller and grow from there. Starting with so many anxious subscribers is going to be rocky for sure
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Nothing loading this morning...

I have it fine on my phone And put a bunch of stuff on the watch list for my daughter, but I tried to load it on my roku before work and it wouldn’t load there for me. Hopefully it’ll be loading properly by the time my wife and kids get up.

It’s not surprising with a launch this big there are bound to be bugs. Sometimes it’s best to start a little smaller and grow from there. Starting with so many anxious subscribers is going to be rocky for sure

Tried it on the phone, no luck there...

4 year old is going to be pissed if he's not watching the Mandalorian when he gets home
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Nothing loading this morning...

Tried it on the phone, no luck there...

4 year old is going to be pissed if he's not watching the Mandalorian when he gets home

I'm at work now, so I just tried it on the Chrome browser and it's working, but it took me 5 tries to load a show. It seems like it's going to be a rough start. I'd say contact customer service, but I'm betting they are overwhelmed right now.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:12 am
  • This is launch, wait three days or so they will get the bugs worked out and servers stabilized etc, with a in rush of sign ups and log in's they are probably having issues in multiple areas with capacity.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Nope. Not doing it. I am already paying enough for Hulu, Amazon, Netflix and DISH. I live in the country, and cannot even get high speed internet so I can’t even cut the cord. Our DSL speed is barely fast enough to stream anything. I will buy the Marvel movies and shows through Vudu when they become available.

Drop DISH.. no need to watch a show that's not streaming at this point, unless the service cost is tied to your DSL fee.

Im excited for Disney +... but i have 5 kids

Dude, I would love to drop DISH. Here is the problem: I have only ONE internet option out here. ATT DSL service. Like, I said, it’s barely fast enough to stream ON ONE DEVICE. We have two SmartTVs, and my recluse of a stepson streams video games when he is home. He’s 22 years old, really good looking and NEVER socializes with his peers. All he wants to do is go in his cave(room) and game, which means that on weekends if my husband and I want to binge watch a show, we have to ask him not to game. If we had high speed internet out here that would be no problem.
    The messed up thing is that ATT charges more a month than cable does for high speed. Our monthly internet bill ranges from 55 to 85 a month depending on how much we stream. Yeah, there’s a cap on the data, which is BS. It’s a line in the ground, not a freaking cell phone. :229031_banghead:

When they are 18, they are out the door. 22 years old and playing games from his bedroom. Time to cut THAT cord. As long as my kids were productive and self sustaining they got to stay.

NOT judging, but trying to encourage you.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am
  • chris98251 wrote:This is launch, wait three days or so they will get the bugs worked out and servers stabilized etc, with a in rush of sign ups and log in's they are probably having issues in multiple areas with capacity.

Might have been helpful if they'd had the device apps available to download prior to launch day. Everyone downloading apps today can't help the capacity issues.

Still no surprise to see launch issues with a launch that had such a huge anticipation. I would be surprised if it isn't running smoothly by the weekend.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:44 am
  • Mine is up and running now
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:40 pm
  • Watched it last night after the game. A little short but really cool. I don't necessarily see this pulling in a crossover audience but I don't see many Star Wars fans not enjoying this. Lots of new lore ideas and concepts to explore here. A few surprises, twists & turns, interesting new characters and just generally seems like it's going to expand the universe. In a good way.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 am
  • I'm waiting for the season to be finished so I can binge it. I did start getting my childhood nostalgia on, though - I watched DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Holy smokes, I never realized that this film is literally Aladdin before Aladdin came out. Even the genie's dialogue, manner of speaking, and style of jokes are all nearly identical to what Robin Williams later does in Aladdin. Same with Merlock compared to Jafar.

I'm happy to see Mickey's Christmas Carol on here, too. Disappointed that Disney's Halloween Treat isn't, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm waiting for the season to be finished so I can binge it. I did start getting my childhood nostalgia on, though - I watched DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Holy smokes, I never realized that this film is literally Aladdin before Aladdin came out. Even the genie's dialogue, manner of speaking, and style of jokes are all nearly identical to what Robin Williams later does in Aladdin. Same with Merlock compared to Jafar.

I'm happy to see Mickey's Christmas Carol on here, too. Disappointed that Disney's Halloween Treat isn't, though.

I watched Snowball Express and The Cat from Outer Space. I hadn't seen them since I was a kid.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:23 am
  • Watched the new Lady and the Tramp with the family. My daughter really enjoyed it quite a bit. After she went to bed, I finally sat down and watched Captain Marvel. I didn't see it in the theaters and since I'd heard it would be available to stream on Disney+ I skipped renting it, as I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I think with this one, I enjoy the back story more than I enjoy the actual super hero(ine).
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am
  • I might subscribe but $h!t there is already so much $h!t to watch on Netflix and Prime and I only watch maybe 15 hours of TV or movies a week so I'll pretty much never run out of good content on those platforms as it is. If I was a hardcore veg out guy and watched like 30 hours a week then yeah I'd get Disney+.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I might subscribe but $h!t there is already so much $h!t to watch on Netflix and Prime and I only watch maybe 15 hours of TV or movies a week so I'll pretty much never run out of good content on those platforms as it is. If I was a hardcore veg out guy and watched like 30 hours a week then yeah I'd get Disney+.

The great thing about Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ etc is you don't need to commit. If there's not a lot of programming you watch on a regular basis, just let some build up and get a month subscription, watch what you like, then cancel and wait until more builds up. No need to keep anything 12 months of the year if you aren't going to use it regularly
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 am
  • I can't see paying for content readily available for free on my Nvidia Shield. But carry on Wayward Sons.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:36 pm
  • Yeah, lets give Disney more money. No, just NO....
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:53 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Yeah, lets give Disney more money. No, just NO....

To each his own
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 pm
  • I heard Verizon’s got a deal going on that if you switch to unlimited data you’ll receive Disney+ free for a year and then your locked in at the introductory rate for life. With the way Netflix increased prices as they got more popular, it may end up being a great deal.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 pm
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:I heard Verizon’s got a deal going on that if you switch to unlimited data you’ll receive Disney+ free for a year and then your locked in at the introductory rate for life. With the way Netflix increased prices as they got more popular, it may end up being a great deal.

My son is on that, doesn't have the bundle in it however so no Hulu, ESPN, or the other one I can't remember what it was. We are still looking to see if it has the 4 device option however.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:51 pm
  • So....maklunkey.

:34853_doh:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:18 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I might subscribe but $h!t there is already so much $h!t to watch on Netflix and Prime and I only watch maybe 15 hours of TV or movies a week so I'll pretty much never run out of good content on those platforms as it is. If I was a hardcore veg out guy and watched like 30 hours a week then yeah I'd get Disney+.

The great thing about Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ etc is you don't need to commit. If there's not a lot of programming you watch on a regular basis, just let some build up and get a month subscription, watch what you like, then cancel and wait until more builds up. No need to keep anything 12 months of the year if you aren't going to use it regularly

Yeah but the cancelation process sucks. You have to click on all those buttons and $h!t.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:18 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:So....maklunkey.

This is exactly why we don't trust George Lucas creatively anymore. Looking at that scene in a vacuum now it's just a total disaster. That movie would probably be better off with that scene just removed completely than that abomination of editing that we're stuck with now. Might as well have just had Han yell "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" as he "dodged" the shot. What a complete piece of poop that scene has become.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:So....maklunkey.

This is exactly why we don't trust George Lucas creatively anymore. Looking at that scene in a vacuum now it's just a total disaster. That movie would probably be better off with that scene just removed completely than that abomination of editing that we're stuck with now. Might as well have just had Han yell "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" as he "dodged" the shot. What a complete piece of poop that scene has become.

They would probably pick up at least 100,000 subscribers in a heartbeat if they just dropped an HD remaster of the theatrical cuts as a Disney+ exclusive.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Yeah, lets give Disney more money. No, just NO....

To each his own

I'm taking donations, care to contribute?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:44 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

To each his own

I'm pretty sure you don't have anything I need to entertain my family
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

To each his own

Maybe during Halloween?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

To each his own

I can send you the feeds for the Disney channel for free. Does that help?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    To each his own

I can send you the feeds for the Disney channel for free. Does that help?

Thanks but nah, I'm perfectly ok with paying creators for the entertainment my family consumes
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:39 pm
  • Anybody catch Mandalorian episode 2 yet? This show is basically fan fiction in its highest form. Favreau and Filoni are basically giving the "angry fanboy" exactly what they've been clamoring for.

Aesthetically, this show is pitch perfect. It's the darker, gritty Star Wars that most of the OT fans really want to see. I love how they're fearlessly diving into the lore and the mythos, expanding the universe in new but familiar ways, giving us insight and glimpses into the how and why of Star Wars in subtle ways without over-explaining or making it corny (looking at you, prequels) and yet staying rooted in the who, where and what Star Wars is at its core.

Anyway, those are my thoughts 2 episodes in and very much looking forward to where they take this and how they tie it in with the release of Rise of Skywalker. Really get the feeling that Favreau and Filoni nailed this and that they're going to have long, productive parts to play in the future of the franchise.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 pm
  • Zeb, stop; you're giving me wood.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:51 pm
  • Agreed Zeb, pitch perfect so far. Second episode was a little fillerish, but delivered on character development and world building.

Wonder if they'll have the balls to keep the helmet on the whole season Judge Dredd style.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:12 pm
  • A agree that episode 2 felt a little fillerish, but there was still a pretty huge reveal and the whole thing was fun. If that's as fillery as it gets I think we'll be doing ok.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• jeremiah wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Nope. Not doing it. I am already paying enough for Hulu, Amazon, Netflix and DISH. I live in the country, and cannot even get high speed internet so I can’t even cut the cord. Our DSL speed is barely fast enough to stream anything. I will buy the Marvel movies and shows through Vudu when they become available.

Drop DISH.. no need to watch a show that's not streaming at this point, unless the service cost is tied to your DSL fee.

Im excited for Disney +... but i have 5 kids

Dude, I would love to drop DISH. Here is the problem: I have only ONE internet option out here. ATT DSL service. Like, I said, it’s barely fast enough to stream ON ONE DEVICE. We have two SmartTVs, and my recluse of a stepson streams video games when he is home. He’s 22 years old, really good looking and NEVER socializes with his peers. All he wants to do is go in his cave(room) and game, which means that on weekends if my husband and I want to binge watch a show, we have to ask him not to game. If we had high speed internet out here that would be no problem.
    The messed up thing is that ATT charges more a month than cable does for high speed. Our monthly internet bill ranges from 55 to 85 a month depending on how much we stream. Yeah, there’s a cap on the data, which is BS. It’s a line in the ground, not a freaking cell phone. :229031_banghead:

When they are 18, they are out the door. 22 years old and playing games from his bedroom. Time to cut THAT cord. As long as my kids were productive and self sustaining they got to stay.

NOT judging, but trying to encourage you.

I forgot to mention that he does pay rent, which includes paying his share of the utility bills.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. It just seems weird to me that he would rather game and when he does get out, it’s to play D&D(with dudes). My son, who is only 5 years older, says “Damn ma, I love gaming but even I am not that big of a nerd”.
    I don’t know, a young man should be chasing tail at that age. :laugh:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I forgot to mention that he does pay rent, which includes paying his share of the utility bills.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. It just seems weird to me that he would rather game and when he does get out, it’s to play D&D(with dudes). My son, who is only 5 years older, says “Damn ma, I love gaming but even I am not that big of a nerd”.
    I don’t know, a young man should be chasing tail at that age. :laugh:

Chasing dragon tail should count.

HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 am
  • I did the bundle

ESPN+
    Hulu
    Disney +

Just signed up today, all is well so far.

Madalorian spoiler alert.
    Stop reading here.
    ———————————————

Baby Yoda WTF?

I had no clue that this series would be tying into previous movies.

Thought it was “stand alone”
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm
  • I already subscribe to Hulu ad free. I decided to look into the Disney bundle, and once I got to the payment option it was only one dollar so I thought that was a smoking deal. A few hours later they charged me the full price, minus 6 bucks for having Hulu. At least I get ESPN+ for free. Sneaky bass turds.

I have seen most of the content I would be interested in, but I will go on a star wars binge since I paid for it. Really impressed with the Mandalorian. So thankful they went back to a serious tone compared to the toy advertisement George did with the Phantom Menace. Thankful that Disney took over the franchise and we will get more content.
    Don't think it is a subscription I will keep.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:59 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I did the bundle

ESPN+
    Hulu
    Disney +

Stop reading here.
    ———————————————

Baby Yoda WTF?

"Baby Yoda" is just what people are calling him because we don't know his race. He very likely has nothing to do with Yoda himself.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Anybody catch Mandalorian episode 2 yet? This show is basically fan fiction in its highest form. Favreau and Filoni are basically giving the "angry fanboy" exactly what they've been clamoring for.

Aesthetically, this show is pitch perfect.

Osprey wrote:Agreed Zeb, pitch perfect so far.

Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I did the bundle

ESPN+
    Hulu
    Disney +

Stop reading here.
    ———————————————

Baby Yoda WTF?

"Baby Yoda" is just what people are calling him because we don't know his race. He very likely has nothing to do with Yoda himself.

Well that would be a twist now, wouldn’t it.

Hmmmmmm
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Anybody catch Mandalorian episode 2 yet? This show is basically fan fiction in its highest form. Favreau and Filoni are basically giving the "angry fanboy" exactly what they've been clamoring for.

Aesthetically, this show is pitch perfect.

Osprey wrote:Agreed Zeb, pitch perfect so far.

I've still never seen one of those but I hear they're actually pretty funny.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:52 pm
  • Anybody checked out The Imagineering Story docu-series on Disney+ yet? There's two episodes out so far. Pretty cool if you're interested in Walt Disney and the history of the parks.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:37 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Anybody checked out The Imagineering Story docu-series on Disney+ yet? There's two episodes out so far. Pretty cool if you're interested in Walt Disney and the history of the parks.

I did. It was pretty cool and I am liking the Nat Geo stuff too. I loved the one about the Mayan archaeological finds in Guatemala.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:53 pm
  • I've heard people say good things about the Mandalorian. Is it really that good? I don't have Disney Plus. But I always liked the Star Wars genre. That Sci Fi world always appealed to me a lot. The Star Wars Universe is a great Universe.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:I've heard people say good things about the Mandalorian. Is it really that good? I don't have Disney Plus. But I always liked the Star Wars genre. That Sci Fi world always appealed to me a lot. The Star Wars Universe is a great Universe.

It's been okay although episodes are only about 35 minutes long. I like it better than the reboot movies already. I'm sure you can find other sources online to watch.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information