The O.J. Trial: 25 years later

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The O.J. Trial: 25 years later
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, because if this was your brother or sister or kid etc. you would just get over it. :roll:

I might struggle, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get over it. Of course I will remember them and wish they were still here but if I am letting it negatively effect my life 25 years later, yes I do need to get over it for my own sake. Hope to God somebody points it out to me too.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 pm
  • Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:36 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Go Hawks

Go Hawks!
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm
  • It's been a while since I've had a glass of orange juice.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:47 pm
  • Chapow wrote:It's been a while since I've had a glass of orange juice.

Ever since we had that thread in the Shack about sugary drinks, i have limited them quite a bit.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

This has happened for many decades. This country's "justice" system is a joke.

Not necessarily.

Martha Stewart went to prison, she's the richest whitest celebrity ever. The Desperate Housewives in Jersey lady and her husband both spent time in jail, Bill Cosby, Anthony Weiner went to pervert rehab for like 21 months, the Subway kid (Jared?), R. Kelly's going to prison, guaranteed...................and Huffman's sentence is going to be at least 30-60 days in jail I bet you.

Not saying you're not right, obviously our justice system favors the rich who can afford the best legal representation. But my point is Loughlin and her husband pissed off the courts when they didn't take the plea deal, and it might bite them in the ass.

Martha Stewart went to a Country Club as far as a prison goes, yes she was in a prison but it was more a work release environment.

Stewart was convicted of insider trading, Laughlin paid someone to get her kid into college.........they didn't plow through a group of special needs kids outside a school high on crack.

We don't need them to go to San Quentin and do hard time. I think sometime we just want to see rich people suffer, when justice is just fine. Guarantee you Martha Stewart isn't going to do illegal trading anymore, that's what we're after.

Yet when we signed Kendricks who was just giving so information really this board wanted him almost flayed. I guess because she is a Quazi Female she gets a pass in that aspect.

Put her in a real prison and make her earn her way to the Country club release facility.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 pm
  • Mark Fuhrman lives in my small little town. I've met him a few times at work.

I have so many questions I want to ask....
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:52 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I have a really great self-help book you guys should read. It will give you knowledge that will change your life.

And I don't mean to imply you guys need help.

Here is the straw man...

By every definition of the word, what I said what was not a straw man. Just trying to explain the source of why I think the way I do in this regard.

And applying that to others as your perception of how they feel and why.

By every definition...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:18 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

This has happened for many decades. This country's "justice" system is a joke.

Yep, and there is Robert Durst. The dude should be in prison but isn’t.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Plus, it only takes one idiot on a jury.....

There are a lot of types of crimes (and it varies by state/jurisdiction) where only 9/12 jurors are needed for a conviction, just FYI. I don't know about Lori Loughlin's case, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:32 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Not necessarily.

Martha Stewart went to prison, she's the richest whitest celebrity ever. The Desperate Housewives in Jersey lady and her husband both spent time in jail, Bill Cosby, Anthony Weiner went to pervert rehab for like 21 months, the Subway kid (Jared?), R. Kelly's going to prison, guaranteed...................and Huffman's sentence is going to be at least 30-60 days in jail I bet you.

Not saying you're not right, obviously our justice system favors the rich who can afford the best legal representation. But my point is Loughlin and her husband pissed off the courts when they didn't take the plea deal, and it might bite them in the ass.

Martha Stewart went to a Country Club as far as a prison goes, yes she was in a prison but it was more a work release environment.

Stewart was convicted of insider trading, Laughlin paid someone to get her kid into college.........they didn't plow through a group of special needs kids outside a school high on crack.

We don't need them to go to San Quentin and do hard time. I think sometime we just want to see rich people suffer, when justice is just fine. Guarantee you Martha Stewart isn't going to do illegal trading anymore, that's what we're after.

Yet when we signed Kendricks who was just giving so information really this board wanted him almost flayed. I guess because she is a Quazi Female she gets a pass in that aspect.

Put her in a real prison and make her earn her way to the Country club release facility.

Has Kendricks served time I don't know about? He was suspended by the league, but he hasn't spent any time in prison that I know of, and Pete sure seemed optimistic that he's going to play this year............and I have no idea what a "Quazi Female" is.

And again, Stewart was convicted of lying and obstruction of justice and served 5 months. Kendricks has been nothing but cooperative with the investigators, so I doubt he's going to get that much time, if any time at all.

But we shall see.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Has Kendricks served time I don't know about? He was suspended by the league, but he hasn't spent any time in prison that I know of, and Pete sure seemed optimistic that he's going to play this year............and I have no idea what a "Quazi Female" is.

And again, Stewart was convicted of lying and obstruction of justice and served 5 months. Kendricks has been nothing but cooperative with the investigators, so I doubt he's going to get that much time, if any time at all.

But we shall see.

I think he will be fine..He paid all the money back and it was his first offense..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm
  • I would like to say we don't have a justice system, we have a legal system. It is not about Justice. Second, Fender is being funny and right at the same time. It is interesting to see the conversations people pick with him.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 pm
  • Well OJ does not get at all that nobody likes him. He is past his prime. Move on!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 am
  • It wouldn't hurt for him to keep himself out of the public eye but he simply can't help himself. Now he's all over Twitter.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:06 am
  • And he has a ridiculous amount of "followers" :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And he has a ridiculous amount of "followers" :roll:

Katy Perry has like 100M Twitter followers, unfortunately OJ thinks infamous is the same as famous.........it's always been his downfall.

People are following him because they want to watch the dumpster fire unfold, not because they like or respect him.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:44 am
  • True
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am
  • While Katy Perry is a tool, she's no murderer.

Statistically Simpson isn't either, but he just IS, and that's what this world has become.

Fake news,, fake murderers.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Enough with the political references.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:58 am
  • Largent80 wrote:While Katy Perry is a tool, she's no murderer..

She murders our ears, which may be a worse crime on a global scale.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am
  • Largent80 wrote:While Katy Perry is a tool, she's no murderer.

Statistically Simpson isn't either, but he just IS, and that's what this world has become.

Fake news, fake presidents, fake murderers.

Don't forget about the moon landing.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:52 pm
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:03 pm
  • I just wanted to say that while I know my opinion was not popular, and could possibly offend people (i certainly don't think anyone here wou be actually offended by it), as well as possibly be considered trolling, I am very thankful that my posts were not editted or deleted by the mods.

There are forums out there where a post like that would be deleted swiftly with a temporary suspension. That is how bad society is getting...if you don't agree with a certain completely subjective life philosophy, people with the power will censor you without thinking, and that is such bullshit and almost rage inducing when you think about it.

We are humans, and therefore we have the ability to disagree with dignity and at least some respect. And that's how it should be. There is no objective right or wrong with these kinds of opinions.

And to be clear, i would never say "get over it" to the victims' family members outright. That is rude. But we are tucked away here on Seahawks.Net so I didn't see a problem with putting in it laymens terms. If they came to me and asked "fender, I just can't get over Nicole and Ron's deaths. What should I do?" I would carefully and politely tell them that they need to move on for their own sake. I would guess any licensed therapist or psychiatrist would say the same thing. But maybe I am wrong. I dont think anyone would tell them they need to find the killer and bring justice...that would be nice but very unrealistic at this point. That's all I ever meant with my post which is why I was surprised by the replies.

Any thanks to Fudwamper for understanding. You deserve a nobel prize for tarnishing your reputation by sticking up for me for the greater good of humanoty.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information