When testing a new stereo system, what song do you play?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • My choice would have to be: Rock on the radio by firehouse. At about 90% throttle. :twisted: :twisted:

I swear the drummer is swinging 2 ten pound sticks, great low end. And the high end is like a Electrifed cougars tail on the railroad track with casey jones fling bye.

Then you've got the lyrics: "turn it up until your speakers blow"

I'm sure they test all new audio sytems with this tune. 8)
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• I always throw on Southern Cross by CSN..........perfect audio mix of instrumental and vocal harmonies.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Boyz N The Hood. Hardest hitting song there ever was.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tower Of Power
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Tical21 wrote:Boyz N The Hood. Hardest hitting song there ever was.

Not this version.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I always throw on Southern Cross by CSN..........perfect audio mix of instrumental and vocal harmonies.

Good one! Always liked that song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Bittersweet Symphony.

:stirthepot:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• A truly underrated rock song to CRANK and test out a new system with is “Tear it Up” by Queen.

Hell yeah!

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

• Metal Health.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Metal Health.

Oh hell yeah! The perfect 80s metal rocker right there!

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Used to be Dre Day but from now on it will be Old Town Road.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Whenever I would get a new subwoofer it was usually "A Milli," by Lil' Wayne or his covers of "King Kong" and "Seat Down Low." Those songs B U M P E D.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• For testing subs, DJ Magic Mike
    Bass check
    Do you like the bass
    20 degrees of bass
    notyou
    NET Rookie

• I bought my stereo system (still very much operational) in 1990/1. Rotel amplifier, Yamaha CD player and tape deck (I still play my tapes!), Akai radio tuner, Sound Research turntable, and Wharfedale speakers (made in Yorkshire in those days). Listened to Pink Floyd's "Us and Them" for all auditions. The best $3,000 I ever spent. It was a self-made financial windfall, which made it even sweeter. :D

I'm gradually copying my favourite LPs and tapes to CD, using Sound Forge. It is amazing how well my tapes have lasted (most 20-30 years old) - all chrome-bias Maxell or TDK. It is probably ridiculous to think I paid $570 for my Yamaha tape deck in 1991, but there weren't any CD burners then (well, not affordable, at least), and the Uni where I worked back then had a really good record club, where you could borrow from a vast list of LPs.

I suppose I could simply download the contents of all my old analog music, of course, but there's a certain "primitive" joy in processing it all through Sound Forge and Nero.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Bittersweet Symphony.

:stirthepot:

:229031_banghead:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Used to be Dre Day but from now on it will be Old Town Road.

How can you go from something so awesome with Dr. Dre to something so terrible. Old Town Road is so bad Billboard doesn't even recognize it as a country song..........and that's really saying something because country music isn't even country music anymore.

Old Town Road is literally everything that's wrong with music all wrapped up into one song.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Used to be Dre Day but from now on it will be Old Town Road.

How can you go from something so awesome with Dr. Dre to something so terrible. Old Town Road is so bad Billboard doesn't even recognize it as a country song..........and that's really saying something because country music isn't even country music anymore.

Old Town Road is literally everything that's wrong with music all wrapped up into one song.

Shit slaps.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Used to be Dre Day but from now on it will be Old Town Road.

Shit slaps.

Well, you got the first part right! :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Old Town Road is a once in a generation shit slapper. It's a garbage song that will be played for eternity and everyone will have a good time when it's on.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:Old Town Road is a once in a generation shit slapper. It's a garbage song that will be played for eternity and everyone will have a good time when it's on.

Yes it'll be right up there with other novelty garbage songs like the Macarena, Who Let the Dogs Out and Mambo #5.

Lil Nas made it as a joke, and he's laughing all the way to the bank.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Back on topic, I'd probably go with either Harry Nillson's (spelling?) 'Jump into the Fire' or Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein'. The last time I bought a new stereo system (as opposed to a surround-sound theater system) was in 1982 and the stereo store was demo-ing it with 'Our Love's in Jeopardy', I think by the Greg Kinh (spelling again?) Band. That one showed it off fairly well. The receiver was a Pioneer SX-7. I wasn't very popular with the apartment tenants in adjoining units... :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Tom Sawyer by Rush would be a good song to test a new stereo system.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Lost in love

Air Supply
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

• No vocals but it tests your systems ability to play all sorts of stuff high and low end.

Forgot to set it up to view.

If you can get a non live recording it would probably be better.

And screw you that don't like Christmas Music. :)
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• GeekHawk wrote:Back on topic, I'd probably go with either Harry Nillson's (spelling?) 'Jump into the Fire' or Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein'. The last time I bought a new stereo system (as opposed to a surround-sound theater system) was in 1982 and the stereo store was demo-ing it with 'Our Love's in Jeopardy', I think by the Greg Kinh (spelling again?) Band. That one showed it off fairly well. The receiver was a Pioneer SX-7. I wasn't very popular with the apartment tenants in adjoining units... :mrgreen:

None of that shit slaps.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:Old Town Road is a once in a generation shit slapper. It's a garbage song that will be played for eternity and everyone will have a good time when it's on.

Yes it'll be right up there with other novelty garbage songs like the Macarena, Who Let the Dogs Out and Mambo #5.

Lil Nas made it as a joke, and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Still slaps.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Back on topic, I'd probably go with either Harry Nillson's (spelling?) 'Jump into the Fire' or Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein'. The last time I bought a new stereo system (as opposed to a surround-sound theater system) was in 1982 and the stereo store was demo-ing it with 'Our Love's in Jeopardy', I think by the Greg Kinh (spelling again?) Band. That one showed it off fairly well. The receiver was a Pioneer SX-7. I wasn't very popular with the apartment tenants in adjoining units... :mrgreen:

None of that shit slaps.

Probably not. OTOH, they don't make me want to slap somebody else, so there is that.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information