Cancelled tv series you want back....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Maulbert wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Community is a case where coming back maybe was a mistake. After losing Chevy Chase and Donald Glover in season 5 (for completely different reasons), plus the Russo brothers leaving at end of season 3 for Captain America and then go on to crush both Avengers movies, the show never really found its stride again. Season 6 on short lived Yahoo TV felt like a different show entirely. Never upset to get more Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs tho.

Dan Harmon said a year or so after cancellation that Donald Glover's departure killed the show.

https://screencrush.com/dan-harmon-donald-glover-killed-community/

I honestly think it could have survived without Chevy Chase, but Troy was integral to how the group behaved and Glover's style was one of a kind and something that couldn't be replaced. That show was going to die the minute Troy or Abed left, because they were it's soul.

Yeah Chevy behind the scenes wasn't worth keeping Pierce around and they kinda ran out of ways for racist old out of touch guy to be funny. Troy and Abed were really the heart of the show and it's cool Dan recognized he was keeping Donald Glover's creativity back by sticking with the show.

I'll be interested to see if they can ever do a movie, would need the whole cast together to be worth it and Dan is busy on Rick and Morty. Be cool if the Russo's would come back to direct it, they sound pretty burnt out on Marvel stuff and even in recent interviews when Community comes up it sounds like they'd be on board.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Chawker wrote:Bonanza, Star trek, Red dwarf, Coupling, Black Adder.

Red Dwarf was never officially cancelled, and they've made a special and 3 new series (british equivalent of seasons) in the last ten years, for a total of 21 new episodes. The most recent series aired in 2017.

Use to watch it on PBS, I thought it was over after back to earth. Now I'll have to pay if I want to watch it. Great show never the less.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Cancelled tv series you want back....
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Community is a case where coming back maybe was a mistake. After losing Chevy Chase and Donald Glover in season 5 (for completely different reasons), plus the Russo brothers leaving at end of season 3 for Captain America and then go on to crush both Avengers movies, the show never really found its stride again. Season 6 on short lived Yahoo TV felt like a different show entirely. Never upset to get more Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs tho.

Dan Harmon said a year or so after cancellation that Donald Glover's departure killed the show.

https://screencrush.com/dan-harmon-donald-glover-killed-community/

I honestly think it could have survived without Chevy Chase, but Troy was integral to how the group behaved and Glover's style was one of a kind and something that couldn't be replaced. That show was going to die the minute Troy or Abed left, because they were it's soul.

Yeah Chevy behind the scenes wasn't worth keeping Pierce around and they kinda ran out of ways for racist old out of touch guy to be funny. Troy and Abed were really the heart of the show and it's cool Dan recognized he was keeping Donald Glover's creativity back by sticking with the show.

I'll be interested to see if they can ever do a movie, would need the whole cast together to be worth it and Dan is busy on Rick and Morty. Be cool if the Russo's would come back to direct it, they sound pretty burnt out on Marvel stuff and even in recent interviews when Community comes up it sounds like they'd be on board.

Honestly, Jonathan Banks and Keith David did pretty solid jobs stepping in for Pierce's archetype without the casual racism. But Abed just felt like he lost something when Donald Glover left. I actually wondered if I was a little biased because I didn't like the show as much after Troy left, and he was my favorite character on the show.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• The only one I can really think of is Hannibal, as someone mentioned earlier. I'd really like to see how they'd handle Silence of the Lambs. Years ago I could have come up some more, but the Arrested Development revival really left a sour taste in my mouth. It had some moments, but the original seasons are still something I can watch any time. I still haven't gotten around to watching the latest season.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Only joking...

Terra Nova
    Under the Dome

I still resent the time I spent on watching these (maybe 4-5 episodes of each), before [mercifully] deciding to abandon them. They promised so much to me, but failed to deliver.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Todd vs The Book of Pure Evil was a good show, only one for a couple years.
    Meanbob
    NET Bench Warmer

• We watched Under the Dome for awhile, but after the 1st season, it was just plain corny. We tried :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Largent80 wrote:The Strain

The Strain was cancelled? I thought it just ended. It didn’t seem incomplete to me.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Cosby Mysteries
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Hope that is a joke about the Cosby Mysteries my friend!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

• Netflix's Marco Polo.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• Call me old fashioned but I absolutely loved The Wild Wild West. Artemus Gordon and James West. Ross Martin and Robert Conrad. They ran it Saturday afternoons in the 70's. The day would come to a screeching halt to watch it.
    I thought the movie with Will Smith and Kevin Kline was good but nobody is better that Robert Conrad as West.

I wouldn't mind seeing what could be done with rebooting The Six Million Dollar Man also.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:Call me old fashioned but I absolutely loved The Wild Wild West. Artemus Gordon and James West. Ross Martin and Robert Conrad. They ran it Saturday afternoons in the 70's. The day would come to a screeching halt to watch it.
    I thought the movie with Will Smith and Kevin Kline was good but nobody is better that Robert Conrad as West.

I wouldn't mind seeing what could be done with rebooting The Six Million Dollar Man also.

They air reruns of Wild Wild West on MeTV Saturdays at 6pm.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Mr. Belvedere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:Call me old fashioned but I absolutely loved The Wild Wild West. Artemus Gordon and James West. Ross Martin and Robert Conrad. They ran it Saturday afternoons in the 70's. The day would come to a screeching halt to watch it.

They are doing it, 6 Billion dollar man.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mark-Wahlberg-Six-Billion-Dollar-Man-Just-Made-Big-Change-91947.html
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I just thought of one from the mid-nineties. The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. A bit a spin on the Wild Wild West formula. It only lasted a season, and starred Bruce 'The Chin' Campbell. Good stuff.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:Call me old fashioned but I absolutely loved The Wild Wild West. Artemus Gordon and James West. Ross Martin and Robert Conrad. They ran it Saturday afternoons in the 70's. The day would come to a screeching halt to watch it.

They are doing it, 6 Billion dollar man.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mark-Wahlberg-Six-Billion-Dollar-Man-Just-Made-Big-Change-91947.html

I didn't know about that. Thanks.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:

I know. They've been running them for a few years now. I watch whenever I can.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Passepartout wrote:Hope that is a joke about the Cosby Mysteries my friend!

That would be a pretty tasteless joke.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Netflix's Marco Polo.
    This! This was such a great series.
    BubbaGump
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information