Aliens don't exist

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:37 pm
  • The return of the Peaches...how 'bout that. How's it going, dude?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30965
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:25 pm
  • Link?
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4227
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 pm
  • Image
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17214
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:49 pm
  • You believe in aliens you're surely an "insatiable bi".

    XOXO

    Bill Tetley
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 14951
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:08 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 am
  • I was up a ladder painting one day last week, listening to the radio. They were talking about conspiracy theories about the moon landings, claiming they were "faked". Well, I didn't listen to it all properly (I was too busy laughing)... someone rang up and said of course they were "fake"... because "the moon doesn't really exist, anyway"!

    Now I've heard everything!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I've always said we should just nuke the moon. It literally serves no purpose up there. Just get rid of it now before Earth's gravity pulls it in and it destroys all of us.


    Well the problem is it is moving farther away and is affecting the tidal aspects of our oceans and inner core magma chamber, they are in fact looking at somehow trying to push it back to an orbit closer to the earth so that the effect is nullified.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 pm
  • So, our potato-eating friend is overstating the conclusion, but he is quoting from an actual study. This looked at the full circumstances of UFO reports, but then studied the people making the reports to look for commonalities or patterns.

    There were a lot of reports as to unknown objects. Where the reports were concise and referred to simply seeing something they could no identify, the people making the reports tended to be convincing and reliable witnesses (I am generalising here obviously).

    However, the pattern for those who reported really extended experiences or subjective interpretations ("it was like it sensed I was watching it) was that such persons tended to be unreliable witnesses. Obviously there were a variety of reasons - mental health issues, issues with authority, regular drug use) - but for one reason or another they were more questionable at best

    Where it was really interesting was in relation to those with a specific relationship with UFOs, who often reported repeated sightings or interactions. They were universally dubious as witnesses, which has led to some academics trying to draw a link between, for example, deep-seated sexual disfunction.

    The biggest commonality was that avid UFO buffs had a high level of "status irregularity". Given their education and their background, their status in life was a lot lower than it should have been. They were in effect life's losers, looking to elevate themselves through connection to something else no one understands.
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1376
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am
    Location: Scotland


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:47 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22927
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:40 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I've always said we should just nuke the moon. It literally serves no purpose up there. Just get rid of it now before Earth's gravity pulls it in and it destroys all of us.


    Well the problem is it is moving farther away and is affecting the tidal aspects of our oceans and inner core magma chamber, they are in fact looking at somehow trying to push it back to an orbit closer to the earth so that the effect is nullified.


    Yeah, this is completely false, in every conceivable way. Like claiming you're not responsible for your own daughter's criminal behavior because you were an absentee parent.


    Well since your just trolling this is for those that may be interested.

    https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/universe/why-is-the-moon-moving-away-from-earth.html

    As far as my daughter I did take responsibility, the hard way knowing she would hate me for a time but it probably saved her life.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    cdallan wrote:So, our potato-eating friend is overstating the conclusion, but he is quoting from an actual study. This looked at the full circumstances of UFO reports, but then studied the people making the reports to look for commonalities or patterns.

    There were a lot of reports as to unknown objects. Where the reports were concise and referred to simply seeing something they could no identify, the people making the reports tended to be convincing and reliable witnesses (I am generalising here obviously).

    However, the pattern for those who reported really extended experiences or subjective interpretations ("it was like it sensed I was watching it) was that such persons tended to be unreliable witnesses. Obviously there were a variety of reasons - mental health issues, issues with authority, regular drug use) - but for one reason or another they were more questionable at best

    Where it was really interesting was in relation to those with a specific relationship with UFOs, who often reported repeated sightings or interactions. They were universally dubious as witnesses, which has led to some academics trying to draw a link between, for example, deep-seated sexual disfunction.

    The biggest commonality was that avid UFO buffs had a high level of "status irregularity". Given their education and their background, their status in life was a lot lower than it should have been. They were in effect life's losers, looking to elevate themselves through connection to something else no one understands.


    Image


    Arent you the one who started the thread... lazy ass
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4119
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:15 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    cdallan wrote:So, our potato-eating friend is overstating the conclusion, but he is quoting from an actual study. This looked at the full circumstances of UFO reports, but then studied the people making the reports to look for commonalities or patterns.

    There were a lot of reports as to unknown objects. Where the reports were concise and referred to simply seeing something they could no identify, the people making the reports tended to be convincing and reliable witnesses (I am generalising here obviously).

    However, the pattern for those who reported really extended experiences or subjective interpretations ("it was like it sensed I was watching it) was that such persons tended to be unreliable witnesses. Obviously there were a variety of reasons - mental health issues, issues with authority, regular drug use) - but for one reason or another they were more questionable at best

    Where it was really interesting was in relation to those with a specific relationship with UFOs, who often reported repeated sightings or interactions. They were universally dubious as witnesses, which has led to some academics trying to draw a link between, for example, deep-seated sexual disfunction.

    The biggest commonality was that avid UFO buffs had a high level of "status irregularity". Given their education and their background, their status in life was a lot lower than it should have been. They were in effect life's losers, looking to elevate themselves through connection to something else no one understands.


    Image


    Arent you the one who started the thread... lazy ass


    Pssst... He's a troll. Don't tell anybody. :escape:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 17144
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:11 pm
  • What the hell is this?
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 pm
  • Aliens are fake.

    But peaches is proof that trolls are real.
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5260
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:57 pm
  • Aliens are probably actually real, FWIW. Just statistically speaking, it's a near impossibility that we're the only forms of life in the universe. There's likely even a whole planet or dimension exactly like ours with virtual replicas of us living on it currently. Maybe just one, but maybe hundreds or thousands or millions. Infinite possibilities.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 17144
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 pm
  • Space is big. The building blocks of life are not scarce (relatively). While intelligent life may be extremely rare, life is probably not. Multi-cellular life is likely extremely rare.

    Interstellar traveling aliens are probably non-existent. There are just too many barriers and intelligence is not necessarily an evolutionary benefit. I bet there are planets right now with dinosaur-like creatures living right now. We'll never ever meet them or know if their existence, space is too vast and we are limited in our ability to traverse it both by actual technology and theoretical means.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Aliens are probably actually real, FWIW. Just statistically speaking, it's a near impossibility that we're the only forms of life in the universe. There's likely even a whole planet or dimension exactly like ours with virtual replicas of us living on it currently. Maybe just one, but maybe hundreds or thousands or millions. Infinite possibilities.


    Not one shred of empirical evidence to support any of that garbage.


    There will be. Probably not in my lifetime, but you.... you've still got a shot to see it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 17144
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Aliens are probably actually real, FWIW. Just statistically speaking, it's a near impossibility that we're the only forms of life in the universe. There's likely even a whole planet or dimension exactly like ours with virtual replicas of us living on it currently. Maybe just one, but maybe hundreds or thousands or millions. Infinite possibilities.


    Not one shred of empirical evidence to support any of that garbage.


    We are literal examples of alien life forms. If we are possible, others are as well. There's nothing unique about our makeup, our planet, our system.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:03 pm
  • If we're talking bacteria, it is essentially a mathematical certainty that there's life elsewhere. Larger creatures? Intelligent life? That's a different story.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2151
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 pm
  • Space is big. Evolution takes a long time. Laws of physics exist. Time is infinite, we are not.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 am
  • You can't prove anything at all. You're the one who made the definitive statement to start with.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You can't prove anything at all. You're the one who made the definitive statement to start with.


    Every single shred of available evidence supports my statement.


    The only evidence you have is that an Independence Day alien ship hasn't unfortunately blown up the White House.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You can't prove anything at all. You're the one who made the definitive statement to start with.


    Every single shred of available evidence supports my statement.


    Your evidence is that you can't see it right in front of your face right now therefore it doesn't exist? What a simple-minded way to go about making statements
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4119
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm
  • So, you flat out KNOW that they don't exist. Got it. Pretty closed-minded to think we are alone. But people will believe what they want and refuse to budge. It is what it is. Nor should people get blasted if they DO believe that Aliens exist. But hey, people believe in a fake man in the clouds because it's in a book of stories. So...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14205
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote: There still hasn't been one iota of empirical evidence found that supports its existence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and so far there is none. Literally none.


    I agree. I don't believe in an omnipotent deity either.

    *I know, I know. Hijacking the thread, @mods?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:34 pm
  • Fair enough. One quick sentence is not religious talk. Don't care to talk religion or politics, zero interest.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14205
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 pm
  • Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14205
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You can't prove anything at all. You're the one who made the definitive statement to start with.


    Every single shred of available evidence supports my statement.


    Your evidence is that you can't see it right in front of your face right now therefore it doesn't exist? What a simple-minded way to go about making statements


    Nonsense, the evidence is that, in spite of massive gains in technology helping us detect the existence of alien life, there still hasn't been one iota of empirical evidence found that supports their existence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and so far there is none. Literally none.


    A ridiculous statement. What makes you think that even with our "massive gains in technology" it would be enough to know of other intelligent life forms in such a vast vast space? Are you so arrogant to believe that just because we are human that means even with jumps in technology we are close to finding such life forms? For all we know our technology could still be 1/10000 as advanced as the intelligent life forms out there.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4119
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm
  • Peaches doesn't understand attenuation, the vastness of space both in time and distance, evolution, or even what modern humans are capable of.

    Even if there were one "intelligent" (non-microbial) life per 1,000,000,000 stars, that would mean 100 intelligent species in our galaxy alone.

    Unfortunately, as I've stated before, intelligence is not the most important evolutionary trait. It helps, but strength, speed, risk avoidance. It took billions of years to evolve humans with multiple near-complete-extinction events.

    But even so if for every 1,000,000,000 species-filled planets, 1 becomes human-intelligent that would still mean that there are between 100,000-10,000,000 human-intelligent species.

    Now that we've reached this number we have to look at time and distance. Let's say for the first 8 billion years there was no intelligent life. That gets us to about 6 billion years worth of life. We'll spread these (10,000,000) human-intelligent species across that timeline and give them each 1,000,000 years of intelligent life (hahahahaha). That means we concurrently exist with around 600 other human-intelligent species -- in all of the universe.

    And considering that there are 100,000,000,000 galaxies the chances of these species being in OUR galaxy?

    We'll likely never venture outside of our own solar system let alone our galaxy. Our radio waves won't reach any other galaxy in any meaningful amount of time. We might as well be the only ones because that's all we'll know. We can't travel the speed of light, and we can't survive a black hole.

    Are we alone? Probably not. Will we ever know? No.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:32 pm
  • My argument for alien life is that we exist, which is a fact. If we exist, it's possible that others exist. We are not unique in any way. We exist because of elements that are abundant in the universe. There are trillions of planets like ours.

    Your argument is that you don't understand anything and still make definitive statements.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:My argument for alien life is that we exist, which is a fact. If we exist, it's possible that others exist. We are not unique in any way. We exist because of elements that are abundant in the universe. There are trillions of planets like ours.

    Your argument is that you don't understand anything and still make definitive statements.

    That’s not even close to my argument. You had to invent imaginary numbers to prove your point. I can say with 100% certainty that all available data and evidence shows us being the only intelligent life in the universe.


    No.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm
  • You haven't provided conclusive evidence of your stated point. You made the thread. You made the definitive statement.

    I have provided the limitations of the 'evidence' of your statement. I at no point stated that aliens exist other than suggesting that we could be aliens ourselves. I said the likelihood of their existence is greater than 0.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You haven't provided conclusive evidence of your stated point. You made the thread. You made the definitive statement.

    I have provided the limitations of the 'evidence' of your statement. I at no point stated that aliens exist other than suggesting that we could be aliens ourselves. I said the likelihood of their existence is greater than 0.

    We can't be aliens, since there is no other intelligent life in the universe. The likelihood of "their" existence is currently 0 based on all available data and evidence.



    Octopus have different DNA sequences then the rest of the planet, they are the aliens.

    https://metro.co.uk/2015/08/12/octopuses-are-aliens-scientists-decide-after-dna-study-5339123/
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You haven't provided conclusive evidence of your stated point. You made the thread. You made the definitive statement.

    I have provided the limitations of the 'evidence' of your statement. I at no point stated that aliens exist other than suggesting that we could be aliens ourselves. I said the likelihood of their existence is greater than 0.

    We can't be aliens, since there is no other intelligent life in the universe. The likelihood of "their" existence is currently 0 based on all available data and evidence.


    Dude this literally makes no sense... Based on limited information we haven't found other "advanced" life yet. In no way does this mean such life doesn't exist. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4119
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:You haven't provided conclusive evidence of your stated point. You made the thread. You made the definitive statement.

    I have provided the limitations of the 'evidence' of your statement. I at no point stated that aliens exist other than suggesting that we could be aliens ourselves. I said the likelihood of their existence is greater than 0.

    We can't be aliens, since there is no other intelligent life in the universe. The likelihood of "their" existence is currently 0 based on all available data and evidence.


    That's not how it works. We don't have definitive proof of their non-existence. And we have plenty of proof that the building blocks of life are ever present across a vast universe. We have no proof of whether they exist or not. This is inarguable (even though you've chosen to make a definitive statement).
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:If you think that planet size, distance from star and liquid water are "the building blocks of life", then you should probably just bow out of this conversation right now. What a silly and reductive argument to make.


    I'm not stupid.

    Hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon and oxygen -- those are the building blocks. From there you get ammonia, nitrates, carbon dioxide, water, methane etc.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:If you think that planet size, distance from star and liquid water are "the building blocks of life", then you should probably just bow out of this conversation right now. What a silly and reductive argument to make.


    I'm not stupid.

    Hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon and oxygen -- those are the building blocks. From there you get ammonia, nitrates, carbon dioxide, water, methane etc.


    Wrong. Wrong wrongy wrong. You're ignoring things like radiation, atmosphere, solar wind, total hours of sunlight per day, high and low temps, also our moon makes an enormous difference, as well as the magnetic field our Earth has, not to mention the makeup of our solar system, having a gas giant like Jupiter to keep larger celestial bodies away from us, the list of factors that have allowed life to form and thrive on Earth could fill the library of congress. As far as we can tell, we are completely unique, at least in our galaxy, and so far nothing we can detect would suggest that the same uniqueness doesn't spread to the observable universe.


    Life is pretty dang capable of living at pretty awful conditions. Gas giants aren't unique, rocky planets aren't unique. We have observed multiple star systems similar to ours.

    I mean, heck, multi-cell organisms can even live without oxygen.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2010/04 ... out-oxygen

    Here's one recently found only 200 lights years away with a Jupiter and a sun-like star.
    https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/meet-o ... stems-twin

    And one study suggests 10% are like ours.
    https://www.universetoday.com/49605/how ... like-ours/

    Venus could have been potentially habitable for 2,000,000,000 years early on. Atmospheres aren't unique to Earth.
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... -habitable

    And while the moon was beneficial for the formation of life on this planet, it certainly wasn't absolutely necessary.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ife-tides/

    As far as we can tell, we can't see very far. The furthest we've found a planet is 2,500 light years away. The galaxy is 175,000 light years across.

    I'm not disagreeing that intelligent life is most likely extremely rare in the universe. But there is no proof that it doesn't exist.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm
  • That's assuming a life form is carbon based, what if they have a different component, then our ideal situation for us could be a toxic hell for them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Aliens don't exist
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 pm
  • Image
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 pm
  • Go ahead and object my cited responses.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5558
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:Life is pretty dang capable of living at pretty awful conditions.


    Even in Oakland! :D
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:58 pm
  • Oh, but there is evidence of intelligent life outside of Earth. It's the fact that we can't find any. We are being cloaked from finding anything else to ruin in the Universe by the very intelligent life we are looking for.
    Seahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:57 am


Re: Aliens don't exist
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm
  • Aliens were on the moon..
    They left a moon buggy behind :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4894
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:07 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:My argument for alien life is that we exist, which is a fact. If we exist, it's possible that others exist. We are not unique in any way. We exist because of elements that are abundant in the universe. There are trillions of planets like ours.

    Your argument is that you don't understand anything and still make definitive statements.

    That’s not even close to my argument. You had to invent imaginary numbers to prove your point. I can say with 100% certainty that all available data and evidence shows us being the only intelligent life in the universe.


    No.


    Link?

    Alien movies are cool but i haven't seen data proving they made contact with earth. Enlighten me.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4227
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Aliens don't exist
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:My argument for alien life is that we exist, which is a fact. If we exist, it's possible that others exist. We are not unique in any way. We exist because of elements that are abundant in the universe. There are trillions of planets like ours.

    Your argument is that you don't understand anything and still make definitive statements.

    That’s not even close to my argument. You had to invent imaginary numbers to prove your point. I can say with 100% certainty that all available data and evidence shows us being the only intelligent life in the universe.


    No.


    Link?

    Alien movies are cool but i haven't seen data proving they made contact with earth. Enlighten me.


    It's mathematics, god.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 17144
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Aliens don't exist
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:That’s not even close to my argument. You had to invent imaginary numbers to prove your point. I can say with 100% certainty that all available data and evidence shows us being the only intelligent life in the universe.


    No.


    Link?

    Alien movies are cool but i haven't seen data proving they made contact with earth. Enlighten me.


    It's mathematics, god.


    Yes God was an Alien.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 28977
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online