Terminator: Dark Fate

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Terminator: Dark Fate
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm
  • Tim Miller of Deadpool fame directing.
    James Cameron involved as one of the producers and writers.
    Ahnold returning as The Terminator.
    Linda Hamilton returning as Sarah Connor.
    Edward Furlong returning as John Connor.
    Rated R.
    Written and created as if there were no more Terminator films after Terminator 2.

Seriously, one couldn't ask for more aside from James Cameron also being the director. If you aren't hyped for this film, go jump off a high bridge. I can't wait.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/357 ... 3-sequels/
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Re: Terminator: Dark Fate
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 am
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger
    4 hrs ·
    We had a great time showing the crowd at Comic-Con some badass, R-rated footage. But I want to focus on the fans. Thank you to all of you for your passion and your energy. I know a lot of you camped out all night to be in that room with us, and I can’t tell you what that means to us. #terminatordarkfate Terminator

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:24 am
  • Someone Photoshopped Edward Furlong into the official poster; looks awesome. I am so freaking excited for this. Honestly, it's the first time I've been truly excited for a film since TFA. I hope I'm not disappointed after seeing this.

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
  • I'm hopeful, but....it's tough. Rise of the Machines was meh, Genisys was a confusing mess, and Salvation was pure, utter garbage.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 am
  • Maulbert wrote:I'm hopeful, but....it's tough. Rise of the Machines was meh, Genisys was a confusing mess, and Salvation was pure, utter garbage.

Yeah, but how many of those had Cameron involved? Also, none of those you listed exist from the perspective of this film.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:41 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:I'm hopeful, but....it's tough. Rise of the Machines was meh, Genisys was a confusing mess, and Salvation was pure, utter garbage.

Yeah, but how many of those had Cameron involved? Also, none of those you listed exist from the perspective of this film.

Cameron also said Genisys was good.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:48 am
  • I thought they fell off the Map after Terminator two. Hope this is their last hurrah and it goes out on a up note.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:25 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:I'm hopeful, but....it's tough. Rise of the Machines was meh, Genisys was a confusing mess, and Salvation was pure, utter garbage.

That's my understanding as eell... this movie is the sequel to T2 and the other films are effectively ignored.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:19 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

That's my understanding as eell... this movie is the sequel to T2 and the other films are effectively ignored.

Good. This should be good with most of the original cast from T2 back.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm
  • Looks terrible...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm
  • My first thought when the teaser dropped last month was "who's that singing Bjork's song"? But then my second thought was "ooh, Mackenzie Davis, I like her". Then my third thought was that it's really hard for any Terminator to be as scary or look as cool as the first time we saw that liquid metal effect in T2. And then my fourth thought was "Linda Hamilton's looking old" followed by "hey, Arnold doesn't look as old as I'd expected".

Overall, looks pretty cool and I'll definitely be watching it. Although I'll probably wait for digital. Can't really be arsed to go to the theater these days for anything beside Marvel & Star Wars.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:17 am
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 am
  • Must admit, the original cast and James Cameron's involvement almost leads me to believe it won't be a colossal turd aimed at capitalizing on my childhood.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:20 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:My first thought when the teaser dropped last month was "who's that singing Bjork's song"? But then my second thought was "ooh, Mackenzie Davis, I like her". Then my third thought was that it's really hard for any Terminator to be as scary or look as cool as the first time we saw that liquid metal effect in T2. And then my fourth thought was "Linda Hamilton's looking old" followed by "hey, Arnold doesn't look as old as I'd expected".

Overall, looks pretty cool and I'll definitely be watching it. Although I'll probably wait for digital. Can't really be arsed to go to the theater these days for anything beside Marvel & Star Wars.

Based on the cast alone, it's going to be better than any Star Wars movie released in the past 35 years.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:12 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:My first thought when the teaser dropped last month was "who's that singing Bjork's song"? But then my second thought was "ooh, Mackenzie Davis, I like her". Then my third thought was that it's really hard for any Terminator to be as scary or look as cool as the first time we saw that liquid metal effect in T2. And then my fourth thought was "Linda Hamilton's looking old" followed by "hey, Arnold doesn't look as old as I'd expected".

Based on the cast alone, it's going to be better than any Star Wars movie released in the past 35 years.

Well if it's not better than Genisys or Salvation then nobody's going to care how it stacks up against Star Wars or anything else.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:42 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:My first thought when the teaser dropped last month was "who's that singing Bjork's song"? But then my second thought was "ooh, Mackenzie Davis, I like her". Then my third thought was that it's really hard for any Terminator to be as scary or look as cool as the first time we saw that liquid metal effect in T2. And then my fourth thought was "Linda Hamilton's looking old" followed by "hey, Arnold doesn't look as old as I'd expected".

Well if it's not better than Genisys or Salvation then nobody's going to care how it stacks up against Star Wars or anything else.

Judging a movie based purely on it's casting is just plain stupid. Plenty of shit gets made with great casts. Consider Batman Forever. Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Val Kilmer, and Nicole Kidman. That movie is utter garbage with a stunningly talented cast.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am
  • Sweet, looking forward to it. I never go by reviews and/or what other people say about a movie. I like to judge for myself. Hard to not have high expectations, but I'm sure it will be decent.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm
  • I will watch it. But I am still mad at them for turning the story into "hey btw, everything you did in T1 and T2 was for nothing, because you can't change fate" and for changing john connor from a badass kid to a complete crybaby as an adult.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information