Aerial Firefighters

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Aerial Firefighters
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:13 am
  • These video clips are a little dated but still very relevant in this time of pilot shortages with too much fuels in the wildlands.

Ag planes are a natural for precision drops. :2thumbs:

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Aerial Firefighters
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm
  • Intense! Thanks for sharing.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am
  • After days of being socked in by very heavy and unhealthy wildfire smoke, we are finally getting a break in air quality. Single Engine Air Tankers (SEATs) are doing a heck of a job along with helicopters on suppression of the Milepost 97 fire that started 7/24 just outside of Canonville, Oregon.

Those AG pilots are all over that fire. These SEAT pilots are local and regional treasures.

P.S. This fire fed by a previous fire scar that had never been cleaned up. Loggers were called in to remove snags and brush still laying on the ground as fuel. The more I follow these wildfire events. The less I think of noisy self proclaimed environmental experts. It's my local neighbors that I trust.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:17 am
  • I highly suggest watching the embedded video from TEDxBend on the "Era of Megafires" presented by Dr. Paul Hessburg. Really good information that should be more widely known so people can start being more proactive in dealing with something that is becoming more and more common.

PS - This is just a 14 minute snippet of what is generally a 70+ minute presentation by Dr. Hessburg.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:22 am
  • I first saw video of the Beriev Be-200 many years ago; an astonishing example of Russian aviation practicality. Only 15 were ever built, I believe. Hey Aros/Todd... could be an EDF RC model for you to fly during breaks in the unlimited hydro races!

Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information