What is your favorite all natural candy substitute?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • My favorite is Rainer Cherries..............

I'm blown away by this years crop .............. Image
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I've long wanted to try Rainier Cherries but they were always so expensive I never did. Then finally last summer I tried one. Wasn't impressed. Regular black cherries are so much better.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Rainers need to be picked at their peak ....fresh. The ones I'm eating at the moment are delicious.
    A very attractive, exceptionally large yellow cherry with a bright red blush, Rainier has a distinctive and superior appearance among sweet cherry varieties.

Delicately flavored with extraordinary sugar levels, the flesh is pure yellow, very firm and finely textured, with 20-25% fruit sugar.

A few years ago, we traveled along the Mount Hood Scenic By Way in Oregon picking and eating Rainier Cherries off the trees. So memorable.

I have found that being picky / selective about buying from dedicated local markets that buy from premium orchards makes all the difference. Anything less is a waste. I refuse to settle for staffs that are just hanging out to collect a pay check.

So what is your favorite all natural candy substitute?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Black grapes. (The best grape, hands down.)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Love me some Rainier Cherries, but I rarely used to buy them because they are soooo damn expensive. So I planted 4 trees about five years ago and now have plenty for free. :D

Outside of those, I really love some fresh honey. There is a local farmer market near me that has a vendor who sells if with the actual honeycomb in the jar. Good stuff.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Ice cream.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Rainier cherries are cheaper in Phoenix than they are in Seattle, I ironically discovered recently. As is pretty much all produce and grocery store food in general.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• HawkGA wrote:I've long wanted to try Rainier Cherries but they were always so expensive I never did. Then finally last summer I tried one. Wasn't impressed. Regular black cherries are so much better.

Then you had some bad Ranier cherries.

IMO Ranier cherries are the king of all fruits, delicious................except my intestinal system does not agree with this opinion either. I LOVE Ranier cherries, but I better be by a bathroom within 30 minutes of finishing the bowl.

I absolutely love this time of year in the NW, so many awesome fruits. Cherries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches from Wenatchee, Marionberries, all sorts of great summer fruits in WA.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm with HawkGA on this one. Dark cherries are better . I have eaten a ton of all kinds of cherries, which makes me an expert on the matter.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• That's how you know you're wrong about Ranier cherries Hawk, fender agreed with you.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:That's how you know you're wrong about Ranier cherries Hawk, fender agreed with you.

It's spelled "Rainier"...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:That's how you know you're wrong about Ranier cherries Hawk, fender agreed with you.

It's spelled "Rainier"...

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Don't be salty. I haven't argued or debated anything in here, either. You just look like a right wanker, in British parlance, spelling it incorrectly several times.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:That's how you know you're wrong about Ranier cherries Hawk, fender agreed with you.

Damn it!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Mandarin's they don't need to have a bathroom 20 feet away after eating a few.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RolandDeschain wrote:Don't be salty. I haven't argued or debated anything in here, either. You just look like a right wanker, in British parlance, spelling it incorrectly several times.

I also get tons of chicks by pronouncing Rainier beer that way, all English like. Chicks dig the accent...............me forcing them to drink a Rainier tallboy? Not so much.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• chris98251 wrote:Mandarin's they don't need to have a bathroom 20 feet away after eating a few.

You don't put an apostrophe with an S on the end of plural words, junior. Apostrophe S denotes ownership, not plurality.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Mandarin's they don't need to have a bathroom 20 feet away after eating a few.

You don't put an apostrophe with an S on the end of plural words, junior. Apostrophe S denotes ownership, not plurality.

Looks up, not in the Shack, crap.

So maybe it should be Mandarines I guess.............
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Luv me sum Manddarynes
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Ranieri Cherries have too much coconut in them.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Tamarind candy. Pure tamarind, pretty much in any form, but this stuff is especially delicious.

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Tamarind candy. Pure tamarind, pretty much in any form, but this stuff is especially delicious.

Always looking for recommendations to add to my bucket list. Thanks!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Nothing cracks me up more than Roland posts. So funny! I gather the kids around and we read 'em together. Just good stuff. Good, quality, wholesome stuff.

We're lucky to have him fellas. And any lady is lucky to be with him (he's packing).
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• You know what? That's fair.
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Pineapple is my go-to natural candy/junk food substitute. Nothing better when the munchies hit.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• beef jerky
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:beef jerky

Not natural, you have to cure it.......

Would not want the natural version, that means rotting and drying out on the carcass.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:beef jerky

Would not want the natural version, that means rotting and drying out on the carcass.

Beef jerky is absolutely natural. Maybe the store-bought version has some additives, but homemade jerky is quick, easy, and completely natural. Meat, spices of your choice, and long and low heat until ready to eat.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:beef jerky

Beef jerky is absolutely natural. Maybe the store-bought version has some additives, but homemade jerky is quick, easy, and completely natural. Meat, spices of your choice, and long and low heat until ready to eat.

Spices and low heat, so your cooking over a fire with herbs and spices gathered on your property, not natural.

Natural

Not Natural

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Nothing cracks me up more than Roland posts. So funny! I gather the kids around and we read 'em together. Just good stuff. Good, quality, wholesome stuff.

We're lucky to have him fellas. And any lady is lucky to be with him (he's packing).

You’re so obsessed with Roland. You follow him all over the forum, sniping at home for some bullshit or other. Grow up, man.

It's PE... he's the Peter Pan of .Net

(Good to hear from you again PE, BTW)
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information