Mass Shootings

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Mass Shootings
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Too bad for vape companies the right to vape isn't an amendment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/trump-t ... sease.html

6 deaths, wow quite the body count, glad our government is on top of this crisis.

We should enact an amendment for people being able to open carry big bulky devices that enable them to blow cotton candy scented smoke everywhere with no regards for anyone around them. Brilliant!
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Love Chapelle's solution. If every black person went out and legally bought a gun the 2nd amendment would be repealed the day after.

That's the most realistic solution I've ever heard.

It’s not possible for every black person to go out and legally buy a gun, It’s not possible for any race of people to do so.

Felony convictions, amongst other things make it impossible.

pehawk said LEGALLY right there in his post. And your response to it speaks VOLUMES about your subconscious and
    further proves just how absolutely brilliant Dave Chapelle's social commentary, by using comedy, actually is! Your Spokane/Texas is showing pmedic. :lol:

While I agree that pmedic likely missed the overall point of pehawks post, I don't think his response at all speaks the VOLUMES you are trying to make it speak.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:24 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Too bad for vape companies the right to vape isn't an amendment.

6 deaths, wow quite the body count, glad our government is on top of this crisis.

We should enact an amendment for people being able to open carry big bulky devices that enable them to blow cotton candy scented smoke everywhere with no regards for anyone around them. Brilliant!

You have to give him credit for consistency. He continues to bring the same value to the conversation in each and every post he contributes.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 am
  • Osprey wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Too bad for vape companies the right to vape isn't an amendment.

Yeah and from what I’ve seen it has more to do with the street drugs they’re vaping than the actual process. Guess Big Vape hasn’t established their lobbying sufficiently. A few months of contributions and the issue will miraculously be solved.

They should talk to the gun lobby about how to do it properly. The real trick is to make people conflate responsibility with taking their rights away.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:49 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Love Chapelle's solution. If every black person went out and legally bought a gun the 2nd amendment would be repealed the day after.

It’s not possible for every black person to go out and legally buy a gun, It’s not possible for any race of people to do so.

pehawk said LEGALLY right there in his post. And your response to it speaks VOLUMES about your subconscious and
    further proves just how absolutely brilliant Dave Chapelle's social commentary, by using comedy, actually is! Your Spokane/Texas is showing pmedic. :lol:

I know he said “legally”, I quoted it.

Not everyone of any race can “legally” buy a gun, that was my point.

My subconscious has zero to do with anything here.

I’d say by your “Spokane/Texas” comment, your the one being prejudiced here.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Exactly. Textbook reverse racism by hgwellz12.
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:13 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

While I agree that pmedic likely missed the overall point of pehawks post, I don't think his response at all speaks the VOLUMES you are trying to make it speak.

I didn’t miss anything.

I enjoy Chapelle’s comedy generally but I think this particular joke was stupid and inappropriate.

It suggests that maybe there would be some type of race war with guns?

If every black person had a gun, white people would want to get rid of guns?

My post was mainly directed at Pe, he stated that he thought “this” was the best solution, I was trying to highlight that there was a big hole in his solution. Just like other solutions he’s come up with. There is no one perfect solution.
    Pitting “every” black person with a gun against the 2nd amendment is crazy and far from funny.

What I stated is fact, and y’all can twist my words, put words in mouth if you want, it doesn’t change the fact in my post.

Maybe Chapelle didn’t mean the comment as humor, it’s possible it was a true commentary of his opinion, I don’t know because I’m not aware of the context, if he truly believes this is a solution I’d be shocked.
    Not shocked that Pe thinks it is.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 am
  • YESSSS!!!!
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:43 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:

You have to give him credit for consistency. He continues to bring the same value to the conversation in each and every post he contributes.

Just remember, vape rigs don't kill people, people kill people.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:

Another day, and yet again none of my guns killed anyone.

Sweet!
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:

Another day, and yet again none of my guns killed anyone.

Sweet!

All those hopes and prayers our politicians are throwing out to you to keep you safe are working!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am
  • You bet! The hope, prayers, and my .45 is all I need. :irishdrinkers:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:58 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Just remember, vape rigs don't kill people, people kill people.

It’s actually a good analogy. The rig is a tool, the issue is how it’s being misused.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:08 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Exactly. Textbook reverse racism by hgwellz12.

What the hell is reverse racism? Serious question.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 am
  • Lon, word of advice: when the subject of race comes up, just listen sometimes. It is possible that you don't have everything entirely figured out already.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

I didn’t miss anything.

I enjoy Chapelle’s comedy generally but I think this particular joke was stupid and inappropriate.

My post was mainly directed at Pe, he stated that he thought “this” was the best solution, I was trying to highlight that there was a big hole in his solution. Just like other solutions he’s come up with. There is no one perfect solution.
    Pitting “every” black person with a gun against the 2nd amendment is crazy and far from funny.

What I stated is fact, and y’all can twist my words, put words in mouth if you want, it doesn’t change the fact in my post.

Maybe Chapelle didn’t mean the comment as humor, it’s possible it was a true commentary of his opinion, I don’t know because I’m not aware of the context, if he truly believes this is a solution I’d be shocked.

I cant decide what's the best part of this reply. Is it the original felons comment or assuming Chapelle was calling for a race war?
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am
  • We should ban spoons, no wait, we should limit the size of spoons, to ensure we cut down on deaths from obesity.

We should do universal background checks before a motor vehicle purchase.

We should make Smack, Crack, and Meth illegal. Oh wait.

Laws will be passed, bans and limits may be put into place, no significant change will take place because the people committing gun violence and mass shootings don’t care about the Laws, Limits, and Bans.

The only thing that these things will do is chip away at our (all of us) constitutional rights.
    Some may be willing to give up your rights(reasons vary) I’m not willing, won’t ever be willing.
    All of our rights are important to me, I’d stand up for any of them just as I do the 2nd amendment rights.

No minds have been changed here, to the best of my knowledge none were changed with any of the previous similar threads.

Funny thing about all of this is, I haven’t heard even one good reason not to own a gun if able by law to do so.

I’m sure someone will say “don’t need one”, “waste of money” etc.
    Fact is, you already own things you “don’t need” and a good quality reliable “gun” can be had for the price of a nice dinner and night on the town, cheaper if purchased used.

It’s all a matter of perspective but it still baffles me.
    A gun is a simple tool that is much better to have and never need, than it is to need and not have. If you’re so confident that you’ll never need one, more power to you, I’m truly impressed and happy for you. You are either a “bad mofo”, or you’ve never seen what can actually happen to people that don’t have the skills and tools to defend themselves against violence.
    Maybe your a vegetarian and don’t need to be concerned with feeding your family in the event of a catastrophe.

There’s just so many reasons to own a gun, no real good ones not to.

I can’t imagine seeing the look in a loved ones eyes when they truly needed help, and I could do nothing because I was defenseless in that situation.
    Maybe it’s because I’ve seen the aftermath of violence too many times, and had to clean up the mess.
    Maybe it’s because I grew up in “Spokane” and have been hanging out with “Texans”, IDK.

What I do know is this, I will never (by choice) be caught defenseless against violence aimed at myself or those that I care about.

I will never be in a situation that I can’t help myself and those I care about should we ever find ourselves in a SHTF scenario.

To those that would try to take my rights away either by direct attack or by ignorant cooperation, I will oppose you with vigor, I will fight until there is no fight left within me. I will do so for myself, my loved ones, and those unaware that they need me to.
    I will continue to support the NRA with my annual membership because even though I don’t agree with or condone all of their methods, they are the loudest/strongest ally I have.

carry on, love all y’all.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 am
  • It's like you have a blindfold on and you're just swinging in every direction hoping to land something.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:It's like you have a blindfold on and you're just swinging in every direction hoping to land something.

Haha @pmedic
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Lon, word of advice: when the subject of race comes up, just listen sometimes. It is possible that you don't have everything entirely figured out already.

Not only is it possible, it’s likely.

In this situation, my opinion is formed, it’s solid and not likely to be changed.

I don’t care about equality in terms of racial slurs, I think they are all bad and shouldn’t be used.
    I think if a work place is going to punish the use of one, the use of any should be punished with equal discipline.

Sorry if that hair lips the Governor, and I don’t care how you or anyone “spins” it.

Y’all can “what if” it to death.
    My stance is what it is, I’ve stated it clearly a few times now.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:53 am
  • "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Some old, dead white guy
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Lon, word of advice: when the subject of race comes up, just listen sometimes. It is possible that you don't have everything entirely figured out already.

In this situation, my opinion is formed, it’s solid and not likely to be changed.

I don’t care about equality in terms of racial slurs, I think they are all bad and shouldn’t be used.
    I think if a work place is going to punish the use of one, the use of any should be punished with equal discipline.

Sorry if that hair lips the Governor, and I don’t care how you or anyone “spins” it.

This is the gun thread tho
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm
  • Osprey wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Just remember, vape rigs don't kill people, people kill people.

It’s actually a good analogy. The rig is a tool, the issue is how it’s being misused.

And here we are, Trump immediately contemplating banning vaping entirely............after a whopping six deaths and vaping only being around for a couple years.

Yet 40,000 gun deaths per year, year after year after year. Nothin'.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:01 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:It's like you have a blindfold on and you're just swinging in every direction hoping to land something.

Not trying to land anything.

My gun stance is as solid as my stance on “racial slurs” (see that post)

I’m just weary of trying to defend my stance from those that want to twist words, or put words in my mouth that I never said. That isn’t a true conversation and it’s absurd to engage in it.

Pe thinks Chapelle has the solution.
    Another dude thinks a Tax will help, and another thinks banning “assault” weapons will have an impact, all these “common sense” “solutions” are nothing more than rhetoric, or attempts to chip away at my/your/our rights.

Not one of them will have any measurable impact on gun violence in general, and most certainly no impact on reducing the number of mass shootings.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Osprey wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Just remember, vape rigs don't kill people, people kill people.

And here we are, Trump immediately contemplating banning vaping entirely............after a whopping six deaths and vaping only being around for a couple years.

So banning semi auto rifles and extended mags solves all gun related crimes right?
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Lon, word of advice: when the subject of race comes up, just listen sometimes. It is possible that you don't have everything entirely figured out already.

Lol.
    My bad.
    I truly thought I was in the other thread.
    Crap happens.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Osprey wrote:

Talk about false equivalencies. But as I said before, at least you are consistent in what value you bring.
    Last edited by JustTheTip on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:26 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Kind of pehawks fault for... well being pehawk. He brought race into this thread.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:

I didn’t miss anything.

I cant decide what's the best part of this reply. Is it the original felons comment or assuming Chapelle was calling for a race war?

The best part was before the reply when hgwellz12 said "your Spokane/Texas is showing".
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Kind of pehawks fault for... well being pehawk. He brought race into this thread.

I think race is a valid component to the larger conversation here. Just as long as it's on-topic.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mass Shootings
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

I think race is a valid component to the larger conversation here. Just as long as it's on-topic.

Does seem like crazy white people do most of the mass shootings.

It’s also possible that a big chunk of the street level violence.....
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 pm
  • Go visit a public range this weekend, there men and women of every age group, and ethnicity there. Stating that race plays an issue into legal gun ownership is simply ignorant.

Here are a couple guys I follow of Twitter, disclaimer they are BLACK gun owners. :shock:

https://twitter.com/MAJTOURE

https://twitter.com/MrColionNoir

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Regardless, Chapelle's solution was more a commentary on institutional racism than anything to do with gun control.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:49 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Stating that race plays an issue into legal gun ownership is simply ignorant.

Whut?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:52 pm
  • Osprey wrote: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Some old, dead white guy

It's very appropriate since the context in which it was said was in order to defend the legislation's ability to do its job. In this case, enforce gun control. Thanks for bringing it up!
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Stating that race plays an issue into legal gun ownership is simply ignorant.

Whut?

Confused?
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm
  • I think we're getting off course here. Race is a component in the larger conversation that is gun rights and gun ownership. Try not to read into that too much, just take it at face value. It has nothing to do with crime statistics and it has nothing to do with what type of people you might find at the gun range.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:58 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Osprey wrote:

Talk about false equivalencies. But as I said before, at least you are consistent in what value you bring.

Of course I'm being sarcastic, but the truth remains that here Trump is releasing a press interview that he's seriously considering banning vaping..........yet he doesn't even have the balls to inch closer to any sort of serious background check proposals, of which have been sitting on his desk since last February.

Corruption of government at it's finest.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Osprey wrote:It’s actually a good analogy. The rig is a tool, the issue is how it’s being misused.

Of course I'm being sarcastic, but the truth remains that here Trump is releasing a press interview that he's seriously considering banning vaping..........yet he doesn't even have the balls to inch closer to any sort of serious background check proposals, of which have been sitting on his desk since last February.

Maybe he has friends that are gun manufacturers that quite possibly are giving him kickbacks and has none that are part of the tobacco/vaping industry?
    Oh, and I used the term "friends" quite loosely.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Maybe he has friends that are gun manufacturers that quite possibly are giving him kickbacks and has none that are part of the tobacco/vaping industry?
    Oh, and I used the term "friends" quite loosely.

It's called the NRA, and they've been manipulating the Republican party for decades.......they also focus most of their money towards helping conservative political candidates win local and state elections, because they know the threat at the state levels is much more likely than national.

So while they do give money to current politicians, they spend the bulk of their money on intervening on close local and state elections to help assure another of their loyal minions are elected to continue this cycle of doing nothing on gun control.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... ra-spends/

God bless America.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:09 pm
  • Still dont think anyone got Chapelle's point. It's a valid one that points out the primal reasons alot are drawn to gun culture.
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:54 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Still dont think anyone got Chapelle's point. It's a valid one that points out the primal reasons alot are drawn to gun culture.

Confused, are you inferring racism is primal?
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:30 pm
  • Osprey wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Still dont think anyone got Chapelle's point. It's a valid one that points out the primal reasons alot are drawn to gun culture.

Confused, are you inferring racism is primal?

For some, yes.
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mass Shootings
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:27 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Still dont think anyone got Chapelle's point. It's a valid one that points out the primal reasons alot are drawn to gun culture.

Just so we’re all on the same page that you’re reading, how bout you break it down word for word.

Obviously you’re seeing something that many aren’t.

If I’m missing something important,pertinent , and valid, I’d truly like to know.

Edit:
    I’m sure that context means a lot.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:What the hell is reverse racism? Serious question.

There's no such thing. Pe was just be sarcastic.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:32 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Does seem like crazy white people do most of the mass shootings.

It’s also possible that a big chunk of the street level violence.....

Lon, can you clarify this one? I'm not sure I'm getting your intended meaning.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:What the hell is reverse racism? Serious question.

There's no such thing. Pe was just be sarcastic.

You are correct, all racism is just racism.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 pm
  • Aros wrote:Yes that begs the question, why does the USA have the highest rate of mass shootings more than any other country on the planet?!?

Be the "Change".....Fix what you can, accept that there are many who are impervious to others pains & sufferings.
    Might I suggest watching Sadhguru on U-Tube?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:We should ban spoons, no wait, we should limit the size of spoons, to ensure we cut down on deaths from obesity.

We should do universal background checks before a motor vehicle purchase.

We should make Smack, Crack, and Meth illegal. Oh wait.

Laws will be passed, bans and limits may be put into place, no significant change will take place because the people committing gun violence and mass shootings don’t care about the Laws, Limits, and Bans.

The only thing that these things will do is chip away at our (all of us) constitutional rights.
    Some may be willing to give up your rights(reasons vary) I’m not willing, won’t ever be willing.
    All of our rights are important to me, I’d stand up for any of them just as I do the 2nd amendment rights.

No minds have been changed here, to the best of my knowledge none were changed with any of the previous similar threads.

Funny thing about all of this is, I haven’t heard even one good reason not to own a gun if able by law to do so.

I’m sure someone will say “don’t need one”, “waste of money” etc.
    Fact is, you already own things you “don’t need” and a good quality reliable “gun” can be had for the price of a nice dinner and night on the town, cheaper if purchased used.

It’s all a matter of perspective but it still baffles me.
    A gun is a simple tool that is much better to have and never need, than it is to need and not have. If you’re so confident that you’ll never need one, more power to you, I’m truly impressed and happy for you. You are either a “bad mofo”, or you’ve never seen what can actually happen to people that don’t have the skills and tools to defend themselves against violence.
    Maybe your a vegetarian and don’t need to be concerned with feeding your family in the event of a catastrophe.

There’s just so many reasons to own a gun, no real good ones not to.

I can’t imagine seeing the look in a loved ones eyes when they truly needed help, and I could do nothing because I was defenseless in that situation.
    Maybe it’s because I’ve seen the aftermath of violence too many times, and had to clean up the mess.
    Maybe it’s because I grew up in “Spokane” and have been hanging out with “Texans”, IDK.

What I do know is this, I will never (by choice) be caught defenseless against violence aimed at myself or those that I care about.

I will never be in a situation that I can’t help myself and those I care about should we ever find ourselves in a SHTF scenario.

To those that would try to take my rights away either by direct attack or by ignorant cooperation, I will oppose you with vigor, I will fight until there is no fight left within me. I will do so for myself, my loved ones, and those unaware that they need me to.
    I will continue to support the NRA with my annual membership because even though I don’t agree with or condone all of their methods, they are the loudest/strongest ally I have.

carry on, love all y’all.

The reason to not own a gun is because it's a tool built to kill other humans and there would be far more humans in this country alive if not so many people owned them. Is that not a good enough reason?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 am
  • Tical21 wrote:The reason to not own a gun is because it's a tool built to kill other humans and there would be far more humans in this country alive if not so many people owned them. Is that not a good enough reason?

The reason to own a gun IS because it's a tool to kill humans. If someone wants to do serious harm to my kith and kin, he might need to get dead.

Save lives if we can, but a lot of those 'gun' deaths are going to happen anyway due to suicide and homicide which will occur even in a world without firearms. You can argue lethality, but you're dealing with a razor thin margin at that point.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information