It Chapter 2 (movie)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
It Chapter 2 (movie)
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:33 am
  • Anyone seen it yet? I'm thinking of going tomorrow to see it. I enjoyed the first half of this remake of the old miniseries very much... but I still really like the original miniseries.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: It Chapter 2 (movie)
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:57 am
  • So effin stoked to see this one. The first one was so well done and nice and creepy.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:47 am
  • Going today. Can’t wait. Have been waiting for Chapter 2 since the end of the first one.
    HawkSince87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:06 am
  • Thoroughly enjoyed the movie this arvo. But I will always enjoy the original 1990 mini-series, too. I just love that group of kids, and their adult "versions." It has some "tributes" to other horror movies - three I noticed, but movie buffs would maybe recognise more, if they are indeed there. No spoilers, but one of them I noticed is Stephen King related, and the other two are not.

Has to be my second most-loved King work (book, I mean), just behind "The Stand." That was another TV miniseries adaptation I enjoyed (1994), which is being re-made for release some time in 2020, I believe. I think it's planned for 10 one-hour episodes (maybe); sorry, not sure.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:32 am
  • Enjoyed the movie a lot. Actors they chose were spot on to their younger counterparts. Some good scares and was actually really funny. Felt it did drag a bit in some parts.

Overall I liked the first more I think. Some of the scares were terrific (the fridge, projector, georgie in the basement, etc) and the kids were great. 2 was still a solid movie and did a good job putting a lot of the weirdest parts of the book into a movie.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Enjoyed the movie a lot. Actors they chose were spot on to their younger counterparts. Some good scares and was actually really funny. Felt it did drag a bit in some parts.

Well said, about the kids-->adults comparison. I was astonished the movie runtime was 167 minutes; I thought it flew, but I suppose it could have been shorter. There were only eight people in a 350-seat theatre, which astonished me, when it was only about the second or third day of screening, but it was early afternoon on a Friday, so not exactly peak time. BTW, I paid A$27 to see the film (~US$19); it isn't cheap to go to the flicks here!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information