New Stephen King material

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
New Stephen King material
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 am
  • Just started reading "The Institute" - Stephen King's latest book. It's sort-of in a similar vein to "Firestarter".

Also, I recently found out that the people who made the remake of "It" are doing the remake of "The Stand" (ten one-hour episodes for TV), and also have firm plans to make movies of "The Long Walk" and "Roadwork" which are perhaps not that well-known(?). These are two novellas in "The Bachman Books" compilation, written very early in his career and initially released under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman. Another of these novellas was made into a movie many years ago ("The Running Man"); personally not really a favourite of mine, and the movie was a (again, just IMO) totally over-the-top affair starring Arnie Schwartzenegger.

Personally, I just love "The Long Walk" and "Roadwork", and hope they do a good job of them!

Finally, I can't remember if it has been discussed in the "Netflix Shows" thread (I don't even know if it has anything to do with Netflix), but I am just loving "Mr Mercedes" on Foxtel in Australia. I've finished season One, and just started Season Two, and note that Season Three has started in America. I've just finished re-reading the Bill Hodges trilogy it's based on (Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch).

Lots of new stuff for SK fans!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: New Stephen King material
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am
  • I've been on a King binge lately, catching up on some of the stuff of his I've missed. Just finished Bag of Bones. Now I'm reading The Fireman by his son, Joe Hill.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information