Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watchmen (HBO Series)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Watchmen (HBO Series)
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm
  • I caught the first episode of the new Watchmen series last night and I liked what I saw for sure. I definitely hope the weirdness continues. Production value seems fantastic as it's beautifully shot, the soundtrack was great and the aesthetics are super cool.

I've never watched the movie or read the comic (though I had the comic in my possession for like an entire year), so I'm going in completely blind. Can't wait to see how they piece everything together.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Re: Watchmen (HBO Series)
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:08 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I caught the first episode of the new Watchmen series last night and I liked what I saw for sure. I definitely hope the weirdness continues. Production value seems fantastic as it's beautifully shot, the soundtrack was great and the aesthetics are super cool.

I've never watched the movie or read the comic (though I had the comic in my possession for like an entire year), so I'm going in completely blind. Can't wait to see how they piece everything together.

The series is a sequel, not an adaptation. I recommend reading the comic.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:54 am
  • Plan to watch tonight, wanted to watch the premiere but got busy. Very excited for this, I've heard excellent things from people who got to see early screenings. After what Lindelof did with the Leftovers I'll be sure to watch whatever he makes.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:04 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:I caught the first episode of the new Watchmen series last night and I liked what I saw for sure. I definitely hope the weirdness continues. Production value seems fantastic as it's beautifully shot, the soundtrack was great and the aesthetics are super cool.

The series is a sequel, not an adaptation. I recommend reading the comic.

Ahhhh $h!t I had no idea. Looks like I gotta get on it asap.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:12 pm
  • I was really excited for this show when it was first announced.... but now that all the reviews are out, and we know the content. I can say it's not for me. If you enjoy that kind of content, that's cool, there's a niche for everyone, it's just a little too 'woke' for me.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm
  • Exactly why HBO shelved the Long Night Prequel, they said it was too Woke, also Batwomen is heading that way as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:45 pm
  • Show is not what I was expecting but I'm digging it. Looking forward to more blue dic**!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 pm
  • Loving this show. Tonight’s episode answered so many questions.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:Loving this show. Tonight’s episode answered so many questions.

Agreed. Episode 5 answered a lot of questions and it was a total rollercoaster of a ride.

----LIGHT SPOILERS-----
    Really interested to see what the Nostalgia does to Sister Night and if Glass survived. Couldn't believe he did what the 7K asked and then they show up to his house at the end of the episode.

Also super curious what role Veidt plays in everything. Quite the abilities he showed off in the episode, I'd like to know how he's doing what he's doing. The scene on the other planet/another dimension was cool too.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:11 pm
  • Episode 6 was incredible and easily is frontrunner for best drama episode this year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 pm
  • I’m reading through the graphic novel now. The show is so enjoyable that I had to read it. The amount of detail put into the show is incredible. There are so many callbacks to the book, including episode 6’s big reveal.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:40 pm
  • The intricacies of the writing for this show is on par with the best seasons of GoT, IMO, and I was a huge fan even though season 8 fizzled. There have been quite a few times over the past weeks where I ended up with a shocked face saying, "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit!" Just like in GoT.

As for the complaints of the show being "woke", this isn't that. It may seem so in the surface if you're really sensitive to that sort of thing, but there is an intertwining of history and fiction at play that really works. Episode 1 is largely actual history and, therefore, is not woke. It's just where the story starts. I have no idea how they will pull all these pieces together in 2 more episodes.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:The intricacies of the writing for this show is on par with the best seasons of GoT, IMO, and I was a huge fan even though season 8 fizzled. There have been quite a few times over the past weeks where I ended up with a shocked face saying, "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit!" Just like in GoT.

As for the complaints of the show being "woke", this isn't that. It may seem so in the surface if you're really sensitive to that sort of thing, but there is a whyile intertwining of history and fiction at play that really works. Episode 1 is largely actual history and, therefore, is not woke. It's just where the story starts. I have no idea how they will pull all these pieces together in 2 more episodes.

100% this^

There’s so much that remains to be answered. You can feel the show is culminating towards an explosive finale and I won’t venture to guess how the season ends. Several wtf moments in the latest episode, and so many more questions I need answered now.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:07 pm
  • Best written, acted, executed spot on and tied together story I have ever seen.

The looking glass ep, and Hooded Justice (especially this one) were the two best TV episodes I have ever seen.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:45 am
  • Definitely the strongest first season of a show I've seen in a loooong time. I thought the way they brought all of the characters and their storylines together was really well done. I was so happy to see Glass again, his episode (I think ep. 5?) was probably my favorite of the season.

Regina King was an absolute beast of an actress in this. Hats off to her.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:42 pm
  • Disappointing news, although not wholly unexpected.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 491269002/

Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.

But Bloys concedes that's unlikely to happen: "It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way."

Sorry, fans, but the season-ending cliffhanger will likely never be resolved.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:37 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Disappointing news, although not wholly unexpected.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 491269002/

Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.

But Bloys concedes that's unlikely to happen: "It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way."

Sorry, fans, but the season-ending cliffhanger will likely never be resolved.

It was planned to be a one off, but how they left it seems like there were too many ?s...

There are a lot of in demand and expensive actors in it too. I'd be ok without a second season but would love one.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 pm
  • HBO and Lindelof can spin this however they want, the reality is Watchmen vacillated between HBO's 7th and 9th most watched show for much of the season.

And when you're the networks most expensive show to produce with expectations to be the next Game of Thrones and one of, if not THE channels new flagship show?

Usually spells doom. Lindelof even said before the season started that how well the show was received would be one of the biggest factors in him continuing to do it or not.

IMO it was a fantastic first season, but I can certainly understand why HBO wasn't exactly excited to give Lindof another Brinks truck worth of cash to make a 2nd season.......and my guess is Lindelof wasn't open to doing this type of show on a budget.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information