Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PSA...winter storm watches for East Puget Sound area...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • East Puget Sound lowlands from Snohomish to Pierce County.

1-2 inches likely, 3-5 inches possible.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

:229031_grouphug:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• We should be so lucky.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:We should be so lucky.

If we could send you some of our weather, we would.

We had a few fires around here a couple of years ago. Not as bad as what you're going through, but pretty bad. Stay strong.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sutz wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:We should be so lucky.

If we could send you some of our weather, we would.

We had a few fires around here a couple of years ago. Not as bad as what you're going through, but pretty bad. Stay strong.

Thank you! Sorry to sound grumpy, when I have so much to be thankful for. You also have terrible fires. I saw firsthand the aftermath of fires in British Columbia and Alberta, too, when I was there in April. Also, there was an eye-popping article in National Geographic recently, about smokejumpers in Alaska, where firefighters are parachuted in to the fires in remote locations.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Hang in there Aussie.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Aussie: we have smoke jumpers that operate all over the west fighting forest fires. It's the only way to get into remote locations. Heluva was to make a living.

Not seeing any snow here in Kent. I hear it is kinda heavy in Snohomish county and on the East side of Lake Washington.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Thoughts are with you and your country men and women Aussie. And those poor animals as well.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Thank you, Aros. Hard to imagine how utterly desperate a wild animal is (often koalas) to accept a drink of water from a person's cupped hand.

Hey, complete change of subject... does it snow in Sequim? I believe they only get 10-15" of rain a year, and IIRC there's a very popular municipal airport there, because Visual Flight Rules light planes can fly in the local area much more often than surrounding wetter areas(?)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:Thank you, Aros. Hard to imagine how utterly desperate a wild animal is (often koalas) to accept a drink of water from a person's cupped hand.

Hey, complete change of subject... does it snow in Sequim? I believe they only get 10-15" of rain a year, and IIRC there's a very popular municipal airport there, because Visual Flight Rules light planes can fly in the local area much more often than surrounding wetter areas(?)

2-HOUR LATE START- Monday, January 13, 2020
    Due to inclement weather, Sequim School District is on a 2-hour late start. HHE, OPA, SHS, SMS, and SOS will begin at 10:15 AM. GWE will begin at 10:30 AM. Snow routes will be operating for both AM and PM. No bus routes operating West of O’Brien Road for SSD students. There is no preschool. Breakfast may not be served.

http://www.sequimschools.org/
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information