Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.NET Roll Call

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
.NET Roll Call
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm
  • Everyone ok?
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: .NET Roll Call
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:15 pm
  • I'm good. Excited for the draft.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 pm
  • Was asking because of the shooting, but glad you're ok.
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm
  • Which Shooting?.....so many choices......
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:39 pm
  • Rarely go to downtown Seattle anymore. I’m good.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm
  • Well at least you care about me....off to figure out what happened.

Damn thats horrible.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:14 pm
  • Brutal fellas...hope everyone is whole.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 pm
  • Jville wrote:It's ok to post links as a courtesy to others. :biggthumpup:

1/22/2020 shootings >>> https://mynorthwest.com/1680872/police-shooting-downtown-seattle/?

.................. moving thread to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Update 8 people shot.

They were concerned for the people in the Court House so locked the door on 3rd Avenue and while the residents and businesses wanted something more for them nothing happened now this.

Our Seattle Politicians are self serving and this shows it.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:44 pm
  • I live 35 miles away from Seattle. I go there maybe once every couple of years. The last 2 times were to go to Hawks games, one on Dec. 31, 2017 and the other on Dec. 29, 2019.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 pm
  • I live several hundred miles from Seattle, so needless to say it was definitely way too close for comfort. But luckily I survived.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 pm

• It's pointless to look to politicians. Politicians do not solve problems.

The reality is that each of us is responsible for our own welfare. Be smart, be safe and teach your loved ones.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:05 am
  • Jville wrote:

It's pointless to look to politicians. Politicians do not solve problems.

The reality is that each of us is responsible for our own welfare. Be smart, be safe and teach your loved ones.

Totally agree..
    They love to create them though.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:It's ok to post links as a courtesy to others. :biggthumpup:

1/22/2020 shootings >>> https://mynorthwest.com/1680872/police-shooting-downtown-seattle/?

.................. moving thread to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Update 8 people shot.

They were concerned for the people in the Court House so locked the door on 3rd Avenue and while the residents and businesses wanted something more for them nothing happened now this.

Our Seattle Politicians are self serving and this shows it.

That's not limited to Seattle politicians
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am
  • It's about 5 blocks from my work. That spot has been scary for a long while. I love Seattle, just hate what downtown has become. It's brutal down there. Fortunately, we are moving out of the courthouse at the end of this year. It can't come soon enough.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am
  • Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Well they must have good lawyers, yet we have people doing life for Pot sales, go figure.

Today at 12:30 15 Burien cops and King Count Sheriffs go in to the Burien Safeway center and not sure what was going on wasn't stupid like those last night trying to get close for a peek.

Was watching the Broadcast last night when the Shooting at McDonalds happened and the Chief of police is standing there saying that it's safe down there.

Ok you have not caught them, they are in the Bus Tunnels and in hiding, they can pop up anywhere yet it's safe to walk around down there now.

That's really bad lip service, it wasn't safe before they had the shooting and it sure isn't going to be with a couple guys running around downtown being hunted and maxed adrenaline rush going.

Oh and she didn't mention the fact that a couple blocks away last night there was another shooting that the reporters were trying to cover when this one happened, or that the night before there was another shooting.

3 shootings in less then 48 hours.

None of them assault rifles.....................
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:57 pm
  • Wow, after the game I went to this year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the night game. Looking on the map that is just a block away isn't it?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:41 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:Wow, after the game I went to this year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the night game. Looking on the map that is just a block away isn't it?

Feel so bad for the family of the woman who was killed.

Relieved for the family of the nine-year-old.

This area needs to have addl resources allocated to it.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:Wow, after the game I went to this year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the night game. Looking on the map that is just a block away isn't it?

Nah they will use resources to paint more green on Crosswalks and Bike lanes to show where Bikes need to go, total to date is about 500,000 thousand for paint and indoor outdoor carpet etc.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:Wow, after the game I went to this year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the night game. Looking on the map that is just a block away isn't it?

Nah they will use resources to paint more green on Crosswalks and Bike lanes to show where Bikes need to go, total to date is about 500,000 thousand for paint and indoor outdoor carpet etc.

You do know that Seattle has a budget of 5.9 billion dollars don't you? $500,000 is a minuscule amount that has a zero effect on the viability of assigning addl resources to this area.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

You do know that Seattle has a budget of 5.9 billion dollars don't you? $500,000 is a minuscule amount that has a zero effect on the viability of assigning addl resources to this area.

Yes but with all the Homeless problems all over and in that area there are a lot of Homeless wandering around, the amount of Gang, Street, and incidental violence there you would think they could allocate money to programs that are relevant. Green paintings of already designated Bike paths, lanes and on cross walks also is a waste of resources.

That's just one example.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
  • I am not going to argue that there isn't wasteful spending but I am sure they can do both.

Citizen's safety is a priority, both for people shopping in this area, and cyclists also.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm
  • I'm in Saratoga Springs NY so I'm okay, aside from freezing to death. I don't believe there's anything between me and the North Pole except a barbed wire fence.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:25 pm
  • Seattle has purposefully and intentionally caused its own homeless problem.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:10 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:I am not going to argue that there isn't wasteful spending but I am sure they can do both.

Citizen's safety is a priority, both for people shopping in this area, and cyclists also.

That's the problem the Bike lanes and crossing are already identified with a Bike logo in white, they added the green years afterwards so it was unnecessary.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:01 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I am not going to argue that there isn't wasteful spending but I am sure they can do both.

That's the problem the Bike lanes and crossing are already identified with a Bike logo in white, they added the green years afterwards so it was unnecessary.

Another reason to hate downtown Seattle, bike lanes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:57 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I am not going to argue that there isn't wasteful spending but I am sure they can do both.

Another reason to hate downtown Seattle, bike lanes.

Portland is the same
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 pm
  • What's the problem with bike lanes?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:What's the problem with bike lanes?

They screw up traffic and traffic flows.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:47 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:What's the problem with bike lanes?

The problem with bike lanes exists mainly for people that rarely drive downtown, it confuses them.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:21 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

The problem with bike lanes exists mainly for people that rarely drive downtown, it confuses them.

Seattle keeps changing stuff, 3rd avenue bus only from I think 7 am to 7 pm now, another street being designated for something else, then you have the cable car that runs around and changes traffic. Then Bike lanes which only about half the Cyclists obey, they use them when convenient, if there is a light they jump on sidewalks and use crosswalks and then back to bike lanes and some decide not to use them and be vehicles in traffic when its convenient for them.

That's what's frustrating and they are not forced to obey any of the laws.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Seattle keeps changing stuff, 3rd avenue bus only from I think 7 am to 7 pm now, another street being designated for something else, then you have the cable car that runs around and changes traffic. Then Bike lanes which only about half the Cyclists obey, they use them when convenient, if there is a light they jump on sidewalks and use crosswalks and then back to bike lanes and some decide not to use them and be vehicles in traffic when its convenient for them.

Don' get me wrong, I understand everyone's frustration over this. I guess you have to determine the benefits vs the risks/consequences of having bicycles downtown. It has to be more than just expressing that we are a progressive-cool city.

I don't live far from downtown so when I have business there I just Uber. So much easier than dealing w/the traffic and parking issues.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:They screw up traffic and traffic flows.

Don' get me wrong, I understand everyone's frustration over this. I guess you have to determine the benefits vs the risks/consequences of having bicycles downtown. It has to be more than just expressing that we are a progressive-cool city.

I don't live far from downtown so when I have business there I just Uber. So much easier than dealing w/the traffic and parking issues.

The problem is Seattle is trying to force a trolley and bike lanes and bus only streets plus a light rail into an established area with existing infrastructure and businesses.

The Rents for residence downtown are higher then most can afford unless you do the rent a room situation or find a small outdated apartment. That means most commute into town. We were delinquent in putting a mass transit system in place going back to the 60's when the world fair was here and we had the Monorail built, several times it was suggested to extend it north and south to Everett to Tacoma and shot down because we cannot get along politically here between Cities as well as Cities and State.

Sad really this could have been a great opportunity for them to actually be leaders in something special rather then an attempt to take a old jigsaw puzzle and assemble it as a mass transit system and expect it to work.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

The problem is Seattle is trying to force a trolley and bike lanes and bus only streets plus a light rail into an established area with existing infrastructure and businesses.

The Rents for residence downtown are higher then most can afford unless you do the rent a room situation or find a small outdated apartment. That means most commute into town. We were delinquent in putting a mass transit system in place going back to the 60's when the world fair was here and we had the Monorail built, several times it was suggested to extend it north and south to Everett to Tacoma and shot down because we cannot get along politically here between Cities as well as Cities and State.

Sad really this could have been a great opportunity for them to actually be leaders in something special rather then an attempt to take a old jigsaw puzzle and assemble it as a mass transit system and expect it to work.

I think you are spot-on here. It was provincialism at its worst.

We all remember Seattleites proclaiming that water was the main obstacle to solving our transportation problems to which I would reply, "the SF Bay Area also had a water problem worse than ours and they built a system UNDER the water in 1968!"

We waited way too long.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:40 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

I think you are spot-on here. It was provincialism at its worst.

We all remember Seattleites proclaiming that water was the main obstacle to solving our transportation problems to which I would reply, "the SF Bay Area also had a water problem worse than ours and they built a system UNDER the water in 1968!"

We waited way too long.

Water is a BS excuse, they had enough real estate after the Worlds fair to extend the Monorail through downtown and up and down Interstate 5 to make it all happen. It was after they started doing smart stuff like building a convention center across I 5 and only having the couple lanes there in each direction and bottle necking the freeway as well as adding all the off and on ramps to Mercer, Airport Way and Bellevue and coming off Mercer and the 520 bridge all within a couple miles of each other.

Our Politician focus so much on Pet projects they lose sight of General issues for everyone, and like our history has shown want someone else to pay for it, see the Kingdome, The Arena, the Seahawks Stadium, Mariners Ball Park. Our Transit system, hell our education system, we are like the only state left that has not met their Federal Obligation for Education.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:55 am
  • LOL, they have I-90 dumping into I-5, all the while having a left lane only exit, all the while narrowing the freeway to 3 lanes. So brilliant, even when I lived there this caused epic backups, now it's probably Ultra Horrendous. Y'all can have it.

Here in the Tex-ASS (I'm neat Houston) we have multiple shootings every day, many are of the mass variety. The first 10 minutes of news recap all of them, every stinking day.....Over to you Mike......

Now to the weather...
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:36 am
  • As a side note, Washington now ranks 48th in terms of best traffic or if you will 3rd worst in the country ahead of California, only Hawaii and Alaska are worst.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:29 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:LOL, they have I-90 dumping into I-5, all the while having a left lane only exit, all the while narrowing the freeway to 3 lanes. So brilliant, even when I lived there this caused epic backups, now it's probably Ultra Horrendous. Y'all can have it.

Here in the Tex-ASS (I'm neat Houston) we have multiple shootings every day, many are of the mass variety. The first 10 minutes of news recap all of them, every stinking day.....Over to you Mike......

Now to the weather...

I don't know when you moved but there is a ton of new population out that way now. There is also a bunch of lanes now and it doesn't matter, it's a freaking mess. I had to work out there for a week last year and NEVER AGAIN.

Funny, I live in the city and I get around just fine most of the day.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information